This article is about the normal version of the Zuriel's staff. For the corrupt version of this item, see Corrupt zuriel's staff.
|Release date||15 October 2008 (Update)|
|High Alch||180,000 coins|
|Low Alch||120,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||1,100,432 coins (info)|
|Examine||This item degrades in combat, and will turn to dust.|
The normal version requires level 78 Attack and 78 Magic, and lasts for 1 hour of combat. After the time is up, the staff will vanish.
- As an hour contains 6000 ticks and a magical spell is able to be casted once per 5 ticks, you are able to cast 1200 combat spells with this staff before it degrades. Thus, each spell costs approximately an extra 917 coins when using this staff, in addition to the runes that have to be used.
Contrary to popular belief, this item does not degrade while using non-combat magic.
A player wielding zuriel's staff
|[view] • [talk]|
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Revenant goblin 15/22/30/37 1 Very rare Revenant imp 7 1 Very rare Revenant vampyre 68 1 Very rare Revenant cyclops 82 1 Unknown Revenant demon 98 1 Unknown Revenant hellhound 90 1 Very rare Revenant hobgoblin 60 1 Unknown Revenant icefiend 45 1 Very rare Revenant pyrefiend 52 1 Unknown Revenant werewolf 75 1 Unknown Revenant dark beast 120 1 Rare Revenant dragon 135 1 Rare Revenant knight 126 1 Rare Revenant ork 105 1 Rare Chaos Elemental 305 1 Very rare
- Prior to the EoC, this was the only staff which could unlock the miasmic spells, however these spells no longer exist in the game.
- This staff seems to be holding the missing miasmic diamond from Desert Treasure.
- Miasmic spells can be cast on NPC's, however it will not slow down their attack speed.
- When withdrawn as a note, the image on the bank note is of a broken Zuriel's staff, with the head detached from the shaft.
- Although there was an updated version of the staff in the teaser pictures for the updated Zuriel's armour, the staff wasn't updated along with the armour. This may be unintentional, like with the Void knight deflector and Full slayer helmet (now fixed) and may be fixed later on.
- A silhouette of the updated Zuriel staff could be seen on the bonfire banner on the RuneScape homepage. The specific reason for this is unknown, but it may be a spoiler of the Zuriel staff being updated in the near future.
Ahrim's • Ancient Enhanced • Blisterwood • Broken • Caitlin's • Crozier • Dominion • Dramen • Iban's • Lunar • MindspikeTower • Penance trident • Pharaoh's sceptre • Polypore • Rod of Ivandis • Sacred clay • Skull sceptre • Slayer's • Staff of Armadyl • Staff of light • StarfireStarfury • Third-age druidic • Toktz-mej-tal • Wizards' Tower Zuriel's corrupt