|Release||15 October 2008 (Update)|
|High alch||180,000 coins|
|Low alch||120,000 coins|
|Exchange||4,063,334 coins (info)|
|Examine||This item degrades in combat, and will turn to dust.|
The normal version requires level 78 Magic, and lasts for 1 hour of combat. After the time is up, the staff will vanish.
As an hour contains 6000 ticks and a magical spell is able to be casted once per 6 ticks with a staff, you are able to cast 1000 combat spells with this staff before it degrades. Thus, each spell costs approximately an extra 3,386.1 coins when using this staff, in addition to the runes that have to be used.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Zuriel's staff has a special attack called Miasmic Barrage. It consumes 100% adrenaline and a minute of charge for each use. A magic attack is launched at the opponent, dealing up to 200% weapon damage and reduces their attack speed by a tick for 20 seconds. It also afflicts the target with Confuse. This makes the special attack most useful for legacy dueling to delay attacks taken, though in most circumstances the small duration makes the change insignificant.
The damage dealt by this special attack will be increased while under the effects of Sunshine and Metamorphosis ultimate abilities, although due to the low damage output for an ultimate ability and the fact it requires 100% adrenaline to use, it isn't efficient to use the aforementioned ultimate abilities to increase this special attack's damage.
Comparison with other magical weaponsEdit
|Staff of Sliske||92||2,147,483,647||2577 (92)|
|Noxious staff||90||141,247,278||2458 (90)|
|Camel staff||85||105,992,314||2178 (85)|
|Staff of darkness||85||61,243,136||2178 (85)|
|Chaotic staff|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal staff|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal weapon seed and 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)|
|Zuriel's staff||78||4,063,334||1829 (78)||
|Sunspear (magic)|| 78 |
River of Blood
| Free after River of Blood quest|
600,000 to reclaim
|Armadyl battlestaff||77||9,949,695||1783 (77)|
|Greater runic staff|| 75 |
|25,000 Runespan points||1694 (75)||
|Staff of light||75||1,003,628||1694 (75)||
|Polypore staff||75||1,204,380||1694 (75)|
|Seismic wand and singularity||90|| 219,728,534(wand)|
|Wand of the Cywir elders||85||19,010,012||2458 (90)||
|Seasinger kiba and makigai|| 85 |
| 150 Chi|
75 Koi Scales
2 Gemstone kaseki
|Virtus wand and book||80|| 5,759,196(wand)|
|Attuned crystal wand and orb|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal weapon seed and 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)||
|Abyssal wand and orb||75|| 274,529(wand)|
Dropping monsters Edit
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Chaos Elemental||305||1||Very rare|
|Revenant cyclops||60||1||Very rare|
|Revenant dark beast||112||1||Rare|
|Revenant goblin||16; 19; 22; 28||1||Very rare|
|Revenant hellhound||70||1||Very rare|
|Revenant hobgoblin||44||1||Very rare|
|Revenant icefiend||37||1||Very rare|
|Revenant imp||14||1||Very rare|
|Revenant pyrefiend||40||1||Very rare|
|Revenant vampyre||47||1||Very rare|
|Revenant werewolf||53||1||Very rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||3.0%|
- Prior to the EoC, this was the only staff which could unlock the miasmic spells, however these spells no longer exist in the game. Later on, the staff was given a special attack which is called Miasmic Barrage and has the identical animation to the spell that used to exist in-game, as well as very similar effects.
- Due to the aforementioned update, Jagex fixed the staff, allowing it to have a critical attack bonus to replace the lost spells, as the staff's only use was for the spells.
- At the time, Miasmic spells could be cast on NPC's, however it did not slow down their attack speed.
- Although there was an updated version of the staff in the teaser pictures for the updated Zuriel's armour, the staff wasn't updated along with the armour.
- A silhouette of the updated Zuriel staff could be seen on the bonfire banner on the RuneScape homepage. The specific reason for this is unknown, but it may be a spoiler of the Zuriel staff being updated in the near future.
Revenants and their drops
|Corrupt dragon equipment|
|Ancient Warriors' equipment|
|Corrupt Ancient Warriors' equipment|