|Release date||6 March 2007 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||The Great Brain Robbery|
Zombie monks are priests hiding in the granary on Harmony Island who were captured and zombified by zombie surgeon Mi-Gor and his crew of undead pirates. They previously used the island for its remoteness which provided them with the peace needed for their book work, and even had a deal with the pirates: they were left alone in exchange for blessings. One day, they were attacked and overwhelmed by Mi-Gor's crew. The undead surgeon selected several of the monks, including their leader Brother Tranquility, for experimentation. Brother Tranquility woke up partway through, discovered his brain in a zombie's body, and managed to escape with several of his zombified brethren, sealing themselves in the granary with their bodies stored beneath.
The sawbones under Mi-Gor's control attempted to enter the granary but were called off. They later used a 'sleeping gas' to try knocking out the monks. The monks recruited an adventurer to help them, which included obtaining a prayer book and used a prayer to protect the granary from the effects of the gas. They later recruited Dr Fenkenstrain, offering him protection from the werewolves threatening to eat him if he helped them return to their proper bodies. The adventurer stole some supplies from the zombies in the monastery and the monks were restored to their rightful bodies.
- ^ Brother Tranquility, "The Great Brain Robbery", RuneScape. "We are a cloistered order of Saradominist monks. We use the island's relative isolation to translate and illuminate books. We even have a treaty with the pirates; they leave us alone and we provide the occasional blessing they might need."
- ^ a b Brother Tranquility, "The Great Brain Robbery", RuneScape. "Some of us, like myself, were dragged away. I remember a terrible pain, and then woke up in this body with Mi-Gor nearby, gloating about having 'enhanced' a zombie with a non-rotting brain."
- ^ Brother Tranquility, "The Great Brain Robbery", RuneScape. "I laid low, pretending to still be unconscious and, after a while, made my move, freeing the others that had been 'enhanced'. We fought our way to the granary and have barred the doors. We stored our now brainless bodies downstairs in case we can be put back to normal."
- ^ Sawbones, "The Great Brain Robbery", RuneScape. "The sleeping gas will be ready as planned, Surgeon General. Those monks will be takin' a nap for a week when they get a whiff of it, and the experiments will not stand a chance."
- ^ Player character, "The Great Brain Robbery", RuneScape. "Yes, I came here to tell you that a group of monks need your services, and that they are willing to shelter you from the werewolves if you will use your medical skills to help them."
|Part 4 of the Pirate quest series|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|
|† denotes that a priest or priestess is deceased, ‡ denotes that a priest or priestess is no longer a Saradominist|