|Release date||22 February 2010 (Update)|
|Location||Most likely in Puro-Puro, but could also be found anywhere in Gielinor.|
|Trap||Butterfly net or magic butterfly net|
|Examine||An impling that likes braiiiins. And bones.|
In Puro-Puro, a net and empty jars are required to catch any implings.
In Gielinor, they can also be caught barehanded or while wielding any item, with or without an empty impling jar. Without an empty jar player will immediately receive the loot from the impling, instead of the impling itself.
Once these requirements have been met the player simply needs to click on the impling, and the character will attempt to catch it, though there is a chance of failure, in which case the character will continue trying to do so until it is caught (higher Agility is a definite advantage). Bind, Snare or Entangle could be cast on implings to prevent them from moving for different periods of time.
Zombie implings can be caught in the Impetuous Impulses minigame and can be found and caught, on rare occurrences, around the world of RuneScape. They were first hinted at in issue 43 of Postbag from the Hedge, in which the imp Zimberfizz casually mentioned that Nomad is "up to more mischief than a zombie impling in a butcher's shop."
Because many players ignore baby or young implings when encountered, the spawn rate of rarer implings is hindered. The faster a lower level impling is caught, the faster the respective spawn point will generate a new, possibly rarer, impling. Players looking for rarer implings would do well to catch any low level implings they see in order to encourage the respawning of higher level implings.
- A calculator of the average value of opening a jar is here
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE market price|
|Big bones||5–15 (noted)||Common||1,825–5,475|
|Baby dragon bones||2–6 (noted)||Common||1,916–5,748|
|Dragon bones||3 (noted)||Common||8,136|
|Curved bone||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Long bone||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Wyvern bones||3 (noted)||Rare||6,726|
|Monkey skull||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Zombie implings will say 'Braiiiiins!' instead of the usual 'Tee Hee!'.
- Even though the Zombie impling requires 87 hunter to catch, it spawns more often than most high level implings. This might be due to the low value of its rewards.
- Zombie implings fly differently than other implings with their arms held forwards in a zombie-like shuffle.
- The examine text and the exclamation of the impling is a reference to just about any zombie movie.
- Zombie implings seem to have ribs showing on the right part of their body.