- This article has a related strategy guide here.
- This article has a related strategy guide here. (Hard Mode)
|Also called||Saint Zilyana|
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,630 (and 1,857.9 experience)|
|Examine text||Commander of Saradomin's forces.|
In addition, both her magic and melee attacks have a max of around 2000 life points, but with only moderate accuracy. Her attacks are as fast as Darts and hit at the same time (she will only use magic in melee distance). She targets the player closest to her upon spawning, but switches to the player whom has currently done the most damage to her.
Commander Zilyana is located in the back room of Saradomin's Encampment. Players must have 70 Agility to reach her. In addition, she has 3 bodyguards: Growler (magic), Bree (ranged) and Starlight (melee).
Note: You can not reach her if you do not have 70 Agility (boosts such as Summer pies do not work).
Commander Zilyana is dangerous and should not be underestimated. You need a killcount of 40 followers of Saradomin to enter her Boss Room; Should you die, you are likely to lose your risked items unless your Grave is blessed by another player. For those willing to take this risk, the rewards are great, as she drops the valuable Saradomin Hilt, as well as a variety of other rare Saradomin-themed Combat items. Her bodyguards also have a small chance of dropping the lesser Rares, which may be useful for to know for those with AOE attacks who can kill them mulitple times per kill.
If Blood Spells are used on her consistently, the message "Commander Zilyana becomes more enraged by your spells and tries to channel them to increase her own power!" will appear in the chatbox, and her power will be boosted, granting her stronger attacks. This effect stacks (although there is a cap to it), so continued use of blood spells may prove fatal. A better alternative is Shadow Barrage, which reduces her damage, whilst hitting Zilyana and everything around her.
- Death to the enemies of the light!
- Slay the evil ones!
- Saradomin lend me strength!
- By the power of Saradomin!
- May Saradomin be my sword.
- Good will always triumph!
- Forward! Our allies are with us!
- Saradomin is with us!
- In the name of Saradomin!
- Attack! Find the Godsword!
When entering the battle area players are given the option of fighting Zilyana in Hard Mode. When fought in Hard Mode, in addition to increased stats, Zilyana has two phases to the fight, with additional abilities. She also has better drops, although chances for rarer loot such as saradomin swords is not increased.
In Phase 1, Commander Zilyana has the same attacks as she does in standard mode, however, after being defeated once, Commander Zilyana will heal back to full health and must be defeated again, beginning Phase 2.
During Phase 2, Zilyana gains the ability to summon squares of lightning throughout the room. Standing on these spaces can deal over 1000 damage.
Once her health reaches 50 lifepoints, Commander Zilyana will lie down on the floor and a bar that looks similar to an adrenaline bar appears under her lifepoints bar. She is invulnerable during this time, and the only way to finish her off is to successfully hit her with an Ultimate Ability before the bar fills up. If this is not done, she heals 1/3 of her lifepoints.
The World WakesEdit
During the quest The World Wakes, Zilyana, along with many other important followers of other gods discover that the player had found Guthix's home, and gather forces to break in to kill Guthix, ending his edicts and allowing their gods to return. During the quest, Zilyana kills the Guardian of Guthix Cres, believing that he was Guthix in disguise. She was the only God Wars Dungeon boss along with Nex to make it to the last room of the Guthix ancient temple.
Missing, Presumed DeathEdit
Zilyana makes another appearance in the quest Missing, Presumed Death. She is at the Empyrean Citadel, which was taken over by the Mahjarrat Sliske for his grand ascendacy into godhood. Zilyana is present here with Saradomin and appears once again as his chosen champion. As she did not receive a invitation, Zilyana is left outside the entrance with the other generals. Zilyana was seen arguing with the elf Ifleen and the player could choose to either support Zilyana, Ifleen, or tell them the truth. Her obedience to Saradomin can be seen when the player chooses to tell her the truth and she declines Ifleen's offer for a truce, declaring, "It is not truth until Saradomin decrees it so!" After the quest Zilyana, along with the other gods and their generals, disappears from the Empyrean citadel.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 421
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 2,236 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Saradomin sword 1 Rare 421,666 Armadyl crossbow 1 Rare 2,344,354
Runes and AmmunitionEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune dart 36–40 Common 3,384–3,760 Law rune 95–105 Common 38,855–42,945
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune plateskirt 1 Common 37,569 Adamant platebody 1 Uncommon 9,609 Rune kiteshield 1 Uncommon 31,753 Saradomin's murmur 1 Rare 1,982,970 Saradomin's hiss 1 Rare 230,932 Saradomin's whisper 1 Rare 2,290,709 Warpriest of Saradomin helm 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cuirass 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin greaves 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin gauntlets 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin boots 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cape 1 Varies Not sold
Herbs, Potions and SeedsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy ranarr 5 Common 15,050 Ranarr seed 2 Common 3,260 Super magic potion (3) 3 Uncommon 29,595 Prayer potion (4) 3 Uncommon 10,923 Saradomin brew (3) 3 Uncommon 3,099 Super defence (4) 3 Uncommon 2,040 Super restore (4) 3 Uncommon 13,446 Magic seed 1 Rare 127,971
- Saradomin brew (3) and Super restore (4) are always dropped together.
- Super magic potion (3) and Super defence (4) are always dropped together.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 276–20,300 Common Not sold Diamond 6 (noted) Uncommon 14,238 Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 148,288 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 148,601 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 148,610 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Anagogic ort 40 Rare Not sold Saradomin hilt 1 Rare 20,212,326 Zilyana's notes 1 Rare Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/79 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who previously bought this in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/654 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/553 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
Hard mode dropsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Gold ore (noted) 127 Uncommon 42,291 Saradominist soulstone 1 Uncommon Not sold Rune platebody 2 Uncommon 76,786 Rune bar (noted) 4 Unknown 57,404 Rune plateskirt 2 Unknown 75,138
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,715 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,854 Uncut ruby 1 Common 4,440 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,533 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,822 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 43,084 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,595 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,681 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,653 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,235 Rune javelin 5 Rare 855 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,240 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,632 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,513 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 35,966 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 832,650 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,351 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,753 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,434 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,659 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 15,600 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,267,050 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,800–76,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,598,800 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 105,870 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 16,104 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 88,475–123,865 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 88,675–124,145 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 976 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 373 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 11,000–330,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,900–23,600 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,840 Law rune 45 Rare 18,405 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 9,550–23,111 Blood rune 50 Rare 15,050 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 51,625–413,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 422,250–844,500 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 104,550–348,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 36,900–1,845,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 363,900–1,940,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,103,000 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,579,000–25,053,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 14,351–717,550 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 124,525–1,245,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 144,780–579,120 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 103,110–1,031,100 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,677 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 70,608–3,530,400 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 127,971–895,797 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,337,320 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,673 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 20,500–8,200,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- In the Saradomin Strikes Campaign on Armies of Gielinor, it is revealed that at some point during the God Wars, Zilyana was captured by Zamorak, but then escaped.
- Commander Zilyana received several extra buffs on the release of the Triskelion Treasures update. If she is constantly attacked by blood spells, she will become "enraged". Along with the same update, her magical strength was drastically increased, changed her weakness from Water spells to nothing, and had an increased magical defence.
- Zilyana has her own "custom" specials, made by Mod Chris L because she was the only original God Wars boss not to be fought during The World Wakes.
- Commander Zilyana is the only God Wars General to make a direct reference to the Godsword.
- Commander Zilyana features in a flashback during the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest. She is seen facing K'ril Tsutsaroth in battle. As they battle, K'ril gets the upper hand and blasts Zilyana away, critically injuring her. He takes a final look at her body and departs. Saradomin himself comes to rescue her and takes her to the Fist of Guthix arena, where the Stone of Jas lies, and heals her. She also received a graphical update with the release of this quest.
- Zilyana is the only Icyene shown in-game to have two sets of wings; one on her back near her shoulder-blades and another on her lower back near her lumbar. It is currently unknown whether this second set of wings is unique to her only or if she has them because she is female.
- There is currently a glitch where when viewing Zilyana in the Beasts Tab, the altar behind her is Armadyl's and not Saradomin's.