|Also called||Saint Zilyana|
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,630 (and 1,857.9 experience)|
|Examine text||Commander of Saradomin's forces.|
In addition, both her magic and melee attacks have a max of around 2000 life points, but with only moderate accuracy. Her attacks are as fast as Darts and hit at the same time (she will only use magic in melee distance). She targets the player closest to her upon spawning, but switches to the player who has currently done the most damage to her.
Commander Zilyana is located in the back room of Saradomin's Encampment. Players must have 70 Agility to reach her. In addition, she has 3 bodyguards: Growler (magic), Bree (ranged) and Starlight (melee).
Note: You can not reach her if you do not have 70 Agility (boosts such as Summer pies do not work).
Commander Zilyana is dangerous and should not be underestimated. You need a killcount of 40 followers of Saradomin to enter her Boss Room; Should you die, you are likely to lose your risked items unless your Grave is blessed by another player. For those willing to take this risk, the rewards are great, as she drops the valuable Saradomin Hilt, as well as a variety of other rare Saradomin-themed Combat items. Her bodyguards also have a small chance of dropping the lesser Rares, which may be useful to know for those with AOE attacks who can kill them mulitple times per kill.
If Blood Spells are used on her consistently, the message "Commander Zilyana becomes more enraged by your spells and tries to channel them to increase her own power!" will appear in the chatbox, and her power will be boosted, granting her stronger attacks. This effect stacks (although there is a cap to it), so continued use of blood spells may prove fatal. A better alternative is Shadow Barrage, which reduces her damage, whilst hitting Zilyana and everything around her.
- Death to the enemies of the light!
- Slay the evil ones!
- Saradomin lend me strength!
- By the power of Saradomin!
- May Saradomin be my sword.
- Good will always triumph!
- Forward! Our allies are with us!
- Saradomin is with us!
- In the name of Saradomin!
- Attack! Find the Godsword!
When entering the battle area players are given the option of fighting Zilyana in Hard Mode. When fought in Hard Mode, in addition to increased stats, Zilyana has two phases to the fight, with additional abilities. She also has better drops, although chances for rarer loot such as saradomin swords is not increased.
In Phase 1, Commander Zilyana has the same attacks as she does in standard mode, however, after being defeated once, Commander Zilyana will heal back to full health and must be defeated again, beginning Phase 2.
During Phase 2, Zilyana gains the ability to summon squares of lightning throughout the room. Standing on these spaces can deal over 1000 damage.
Once her health reaches 50 lifepoints, Commander Zilyana will lie down on the floor and a bar that looks similar to an adrenaline bar appears under her lifepoints bar. She is invulnerable during this time, and the only way to finish her off is to successfully hit her with an Ultimate Ability before the bar fills up. If this is not done, she heals 1/3 of her lifepoints.
The World WakesEdit
During the quest The World Wakes, Zilyana, along with many other important followers of other gods discover that the player had found Guthix's home, and gather forces to break in to kill Guthix, ending his edicts and allowing their gods to return. During the quest, Zilyana kills the Guardian of Guthix Cres, believing that he was Guthix in disguise. She was the only God Wars Dungeon boss along with Nex to make it to the last room of the Guthix ancient temple.
Missing, Presumed DeathEdit
Zilyana makes another appearance in the quest Missing, Presumed Death. She is at the Empyrean Citadel, which was taken over by the Mahjarrat Sliske for his grand ascendacy into godhood. Zilyana is present here with Saradomin and appears once again as his chosen champion. As she did not receive a invitation, Zilyana is left outside the entrance with the other generals. Zilyana was seen arguing with the elf Ifleen and the player could choose to either support Zilyana, Ifleen, or tell them the truth. Her obedience to Saradomin can be seen when the player chooses to tell her the truth and she declines Ifleen's offer for a truce, declaring, "It is not truth until Saradomin decrees it so!" After the quest Zilyana, along with the other gods and their generals, disappears from the Empyrean citadel.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 164
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 2,236 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Saradomin sword 1 Rare 277,915 Armadyl crossbow 1 Rare 2,913,207 Battlestaff 2 (noted) Uncommon 15,656
Runes and AmmunitionEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune dart 36–40 Common 3,600–4,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune plateskirt 1 Common 37,575 Adamant platebody 1 Uncommon 9,383 Rune kiteshield 1 Uncommon 31,681 Saradomin's murmur 1 Rare 2,465,511 Saradomin's hiss 1 Rare 388,924 Saradomin's whisper 1 Rare 3,324,895 Warpriest of Saradomin helm 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cuirass 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin greaves 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin gauntlets 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin boots 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cape 1 Varies Not sold
Herbs, Potions and SeedsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy ranarr 5 Common 12,325 Ranarr seed 2 Common 2,586 Super magic potion (3) 3 Uncommon 20,772 Prayer potion (4) 3 Uncommon 8,862 Saradomin brew (3) 3 Uncommon 2,973 Super defence (4) 3 Uncommon 2,151 Super restore (4) 3 Uncommon 10,764 Magic seed 1 Rare 180,858
- Saradomin brew (3) and Super restore (4) are always dropped together.
- Super magic potion (3) and Super defence (4) are always dropped together.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 19,000–20,300 Common Not sold Diamond 6 (noted) Uncommon 11,322 Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 147,909 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 147,592 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 147,104 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Anagogic ort 40 Rare Not sold Saradomin hilt 1 Rare 16,121,367 Zilyana's notes 1 Rare Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/79 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who previously bought this in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/654 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/553 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
Hard mode dropsEdit
Commander Zilyana's normal drop table is different during hard more. She still may drop any of the unique god items.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Gold ore (noted) 127 Uncommon 30,353 Saradominist soulstone 1 Uncommon Not sold Rune platebody 2 Uncommon 76,518 Rune bar (noted) 4 Unknown 56,604 Rune plateskirt 2 Unknown 75,150 Yew seed 1 Unknown 79,722 Uncut diamond 20–30 (noted) Unknown 114,780–172,170 Magic logs 37 (noted) Unknown 37,185
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,183 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,523 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,035 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,739 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 34,835 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 34,674 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,815 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,007 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,700 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,110 Rune javelin 5 Rare 920 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,260 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,455 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,498 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,052 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,565,600 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,093 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,681 Shield left half 1 Very rare 62,804 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,065 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,400 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,267,350 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 98,125 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,571 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 64,975–90,965 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 66,300–92,820 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 730 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 493 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 17,000–25,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 18,480–24,640 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,640 Law rune 45 Rare 19,530 Death rune 50 Rare 14,600 Blood rune 50 Rare 24,600 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 59,625–119,250 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 287,250 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 87,450–104,940 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 135,300–172,200 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 199,950–333,250 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,100 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,119,300 Rune bar 1 Common 14,151 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 707,550 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 120,295–154,665 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 107,160–125,020 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 97,120–206,380 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,558 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 22,471 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,589 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 542,574–1,266,006 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,467,460 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 160,200–195,800 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- In the Saradomin Strikes Campaign on Armies of Gielinor, it is revealed that at some point during the God Wars, Zilyana was captured by Zamorak, but then escaped.
- Commander Zilyana received several extra buffs on the release of the Triskelion Treasures update. If she is constantly attacked by blood spells, she will become "enraged". Along with the same update, her magical strength was drastically increased, changed her weakness from Water spells to nothing, and had an increased magical defence.
- Zilyana has her own "custom" specials, made by Mod Chris L because she was the only original God Wars boss not to be fought during The World Wakes.
- Commander Zilyana is the only God Wars General to make a direct reference to the Godsword.
- Commander Zilyana features in a flashback during the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest. She is seen facing K'ril Tsutsaroth in battle. As they battle, K'ril gets the upper hand and blasts Zilyana away, critically injuring her. He takes a final look at her body and departs. Saradomin himself comes to rescue her and takes her to the Fist of Guthix arena, where the Stone of Jas lies, and heals her. She also received a graphical update with the release of this quest.
- Zilyana is the only Icyene shown in-game to have two sets of wings; one on her back near her shoulder-blades and another on her lower back near her lumbar. It is currently unknown whether this second set of wings is unique to her only or if she has them because she is female.
- There is currently a glitch where when viewing Zilyana in the Beasts Tab, the altar behind her is Armadyl's and not Saradomin's.