- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Also called||Saint Zilyana|
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,630 (and 1,857.9 experience)|
|Examine text||Commander of Saradomin's forces.|
In addition, both her magic and melee attacks have a max of 1900 life points and they are both very rapid (same speed as dual-wielded dagger-speed weapons), so players should be careful fighting her. She will also target the player that has currently done the most damage to her.
Commander Zilyana is located in the back room of Saradomin's Encampment. Players must have 70 Agility and 40 Saradominist kills to reach her. In addition, she has 3 bodyguards: Growler (magic), Bree (ranged) and Starlight (melee).
Note: You can not reach her if you do not have 70 Agility (boosts such as Summer pies do not work).
Commander Zilyana is dangerous and should not be underestimated. She is tied with fellow God Wars Dungeon bosses General Graardor, K'ril Tsutsaroth and Kree'arra for having the fifth highest combat level among monsters that can be fought with conventional means in RuneScape. Only Nex, the Queen Black Dragon, Vorago, the Kalphite King, and the Shadow Barrows Brothers are stronger.
If Bloodfire Spells are used on her consistently, the message "Commander Zilyana becomes more enraged by your spells and tries to channel them to increase her own power!" will appear in the chatbox, and her power will be boosted, granting her stronger attacks. This effect stacks (although there is a cap to it), so continued use of blood spells may prove fatal.
- Death to the enemies of the light!
- Slay the evil ones!
- Saradomin lend me strength!
- By the power of Saradomin!
- May Saradomin be my sword.
- Good will always triumph!
- Forward! Our allies are with us!
- Saradomin is with us!
- In the name of Saradomin!
- Attack! Find the Godsword!
When entering the battle area players are given the option of fighting Zilyana in Hard Mode. When fought in Hard Mode, in addition to increased stats, Zilyana has two phases to the fight, with additional abilities. She also has better drops, although chances for rarer loot such as saradomin swords is not increased.
In Phase 1, Commander Zilyana has the same attacks as she does in standard mode, however, after being defeated once, Commander Zilyana will heal back to full health and must be defeated again, beginning Phase 2.
During Phase 2, Zilyana gains the ability to summon squares of lightning throughout the room. Standing on these spaces can deal over 1000 damage.
Once her health reaches 50 lifepoints, Commander Zilyana will lie down on the floor and a bar that looks similar to an adrenaline bar appears under her lifepoints bar. She is invulnerable during this time, and the only way to finish her off is to successfully hit her with an Ultimate Ability before the bar fills up. If this is not done, she heals 1/3 of her lifepoints.
The World WakesEdit
During the quest The World Wakes, Zilyana, along with many other important followers of other gods discover that the player had found Guthix's home, and gather forces to break in to kill Guthix, ending his edicts and allowing their gods to return. During the quest, Zilyana kills the Guardian of Guthix Cres, believing that he was Guthix in disguise. She was the only God Wars Dungeon boss along with Nex to make it to the last room of the Guthix ancient temple.
Missing, Presumed DeathEdit
Zilyana makes another appearance in the quest Missing, Presumed Death. She is at the Empyrean Citadel, which was taken over by the Mahjarrat Sliske for his grand ascendacy into godhood. Zilyana is present here with Saradomin and appears once again as his chosen champion. As she did not receive a invitation, Zilyana is left outside the entrance with the other generals. Zilyana was seen arguing with the elf Ifleen and the player could choose to either support Zilyana, Ifleen, or tell them the truth. Her obedience to Saradomin can be seen when the player chooses to tell her the truth and she declines Ifleen's offer for a truce, declaring, "It is not truth until Saradomin decrees it so!" After the quest Zilyana, along with the other gods and their generals, disappears from the Empyrean citadel.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 208
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Saradomin sword 1 Rare 690,830 Armadyl crossbow 1 Rare 5,229,080
Runes and AmmunitionEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune dart 36–40 Common 3,600–4,000 Law rune 96–105 Common 31,680–34,650
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune plateskirt 1 Common 37,612 Adamant platebody 1 Uncommon 9,542 Rune kiteshield 1 Uncommon 32,029 Saradomin's murmur 1 Rare 1,857,144 Saradomin's hiss 1 Rare 648,443 Saradomin's whisper 1 Rare 4,655,505 Warpriest of Saradomin helm 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cuirass 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin greaves 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin gauntlets 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin boots 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cape 1 Varies Not sold
Herbs, Potions and SeedsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy ranarr 5 Common 9,980 Ranarr seed 2 Common 1,694 Super magic potion (3) 3 Uncommon 21,486 Prayer potion (4) 3 Uncommon 6,375 Saradomin brew (3) 3 Uncommon 420 Super defence (4) 3 Uncommon 564 Super restore (4) 3 Uncommon 11,418 Magic seed 1 Rare 159,220
- Saradomin brew (3) and Super restore (4) are always dropped together.
- Super magic potion (3) and Super defence (4) are always dropped together.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 361–20,300 Common Not sold Diamond 6 (noted) Uncommon 19,122 Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 149,544 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 149,934 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 149,610 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Saradomin hilt 1 Rare 36,411,318 Zilyana's notes 1 Rare Not sold Saradominist soulstone 1 Rare Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/79 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who participated in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/654 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/553 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
- ^ Only dropped during hard mode.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances when equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450, 3,000, 9,000, 10,000, 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,854 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,328 Uncut ruby 1 Common 5,068 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 8,915 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 26,371 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 41,357 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 16,889 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,477 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,895 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,036 Rune javelin 5 Rare 910 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,060 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,647 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,455 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,957 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 844,750 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,416 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,029 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,927 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,474 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,244,400 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,650–75,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,514,800 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 3,873,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 3,500,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 87,486 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 9,525 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 17,900–25,060 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,625–112,875 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 96 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 145 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 10,500–315,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,580–22,320 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,540 Law rune 45 Rare 14,850 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,250–12,705 Blood rune 50 Rare 11,800 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 38,875–311,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 458,000–916,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 79,050–263,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 25,500–1,275,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 481,050–2,565,600 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,100 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,037,400 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,939,000–27,573,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 12,961–1,944,150 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 66,462 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 116,100–1,161,000 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 134,520–538,080 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 57,620–576,200 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 45,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,595 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 73,411–3,670,550 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 159,220–1,114,540 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,409,060 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,568 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 19,896–616,776 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,004 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 48,200–9,640,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- In the Saradomin Strikes Campaign on Armies of Gielinor, it is revealed that at some point during the God Wars, Zilyana was captured by Zamorak, but then escaped.
- Commander Zilyana received several extra buffs on the release of the Triskelion Treasures update. If she is constantly attacked by blood spells, she will become "enraged". Along with the same update, her magical strength was drastically increased, changed her weakness from Water spells to nothing, and had an increased magical defence.
- Zilyana has her own "custom" specials, made by Mod Chris L because she was the only original God Wars boss not to be fought during The World Wakes.
- Commander Zilyana is the only God Wars General to make a direct reference to the Godsword.
- Commander Zilyana features in a flashback during the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest. She is seen facing K'ril Tsutsaroth in battle. As they battle, K'ril gets the upper hand and blasts Zilyana away, killing her. He takes a final look at her body and departs. Saradomin himself comes to rescue her and takes her to the Fist of Guthix arena, where the Stone of Jas lies, and heals her. She also received a graphical update with the release of this quest.
- Zilyana is the only Icyene shown in-game to have two sets of wings; one on her back near her shoulder-blades and another on her lower back near her lumbar. It is currently unknown whether this second set of wings is unique to her only or if she has them because she is female.
God Wars Dungeon Bosses