- This article has a related strategy guide here.
- This article has a related strategy guide here. (Hard Mode)
|Also called||Saint Zilyana|
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,630 (and 1,857.9 experience)|
|Examine text||Commander of Saradomin's forces.|
In addition, both her magic and melee attacks have a max of 1900 life points and they are both very rapid (same speed as dual-wielded dagger-speed weapons), so players should be careful fighting her. She will also target the player that has currently done the most damage to her.
Commander Zilyana is located in the back room of Saradomin's Encampment. Players must have 70 Agility and 40 Saradominist kills to reach her. In addition, she has 3 bodyguards: Growler (magic), Bree (ranged) and Starlight (melee).
Note: You can not reach her if you do not have 70 Agility (boosts such as Summer pies do not work).
Commander Zilyana is dangerous and should not be underestimated. She is tied with fellow God Wars Dungeon bosses General Graardor, K'ril Tsutsaroth and Kree'arra, along with the Corporeal Beast, for having the fifth highest combat level among monsters that can be fought with conventional means in RuneScape. Only Nex, the Queen Black Dragon, Vorago, the Kalphite King, and the Shadow Barrows Brothers are stronger.
If Blood Spells are used on her consistently, the message "Commander Zilyana becomes more enraged by your spells and tries to channel them to increase her own power!" will appear in the chatbox, and her power will be boosted, granting her stronger attacks. This effect stacks (although there is a cap to it), so continued use of blood spells may prove fatal.
- Death to the enemies of the light!
- Slay the evil ones!
- Saradomin lend me strength!
- By the power of Saradomin!
- May Saradomin be my sword.
- Good will always triumph!
- Forward! Our allies are with us!
- Saradomin is with us!
- In the name of Saradomin!
- Attack! Find the Godsword!
When entering the battle area players are given the option of fighting Zilyana in Hard Mode. When fought in Hard Mode, in addition to increased stats, Zilyana has two phases to the fight, with additional abilities. She also has better drops, although chances for rarer loot such as saradomin swords is not increased.
In Phase 1, Commander Zilyana has the same attacks as she does in standard mode, however, after being defeated once, Commander Zilyana will heal back to full health and must be defeated again, beginning Phase 2.
During Phase 2, Zilyana gains the ability to summon squares of lightning throughout the room. Standing on these spaces can deal over 1000 damage.
Once her health reaches 50 lifepoints, Commander Zilyana will lie down on the floor and a bar that looks similar to an adrenaline bar appears under her lifepoints bar. She is invulnerable during this time, and the only way to finish her off is to successfully hit her with an Ultimate Ability before the bar fills up. If this is not done, she heals 1/3 of her lifepoints.
The World WakesEdit
During the quest The World Wakes, Zilyana, along with many other important followers of other gods discover that the player had found Guthix's home, and gather forces to break in to kill Guthix, ending his edicts and allowing their gods to return. During the quest, Zilyana kills the Guardian of Guthix Cres, believing that he was Guthix in disguise. She was the only God Wars Dungeon boss along with Nex to make it to the last room of the Guthix ancient temple.
Missing, Presumed DeathEdit
Zilyana makes another appearance in the quest Missing, Presumed Death. She is at the Empyrean Citadel, which was taken over by the Mahjarrat Sliske for his grand ascendacy into godhood. Zilyana is present here with Saradomin and appears once again as his chosen champion. As she did not receive a invitation, Zilyana is left outside the entrance with the other generals. Zilyana was seen arguing with the elf Ifleen and the player could choose to either support Zilyana, Ifleen, or tell them the truth. Her obedience to Saradomin can be seen when the player chooses to tell her the truth and she declines Ifleen's offer for a truce, declaring, "It is not truth until Saradomin decrees it so!" After the quest Zilyana, along with the other gods and their generals, disappears from the Empyrean citadel.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 348
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 1,118 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Saradomin sword 1 Rare 1,709,341 Armadyl crossbow 1 Rare 6,869,074
Runes and AmmunitionEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune dart 36–40 Common 3,384–3,760 Law rune 96–105 Common 30,816–33,705
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune plateskirt 1 Common 36,186 Adamant platebody 1 Uncommon 9,412 Rune kiteshield 1 Uncommon 30,926 Saradomin's murmur 1 Rare 3,827,015 Saradomin's hiss 1 Rare 705,075 Saradomin's whisper 1 Rare 7,095,995 Warpriest of Saradomin helm 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cuirass 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin greaves 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin gauntlets 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin boots 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cape 1 Varies Not sold
Herbs, Potions and SeedsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy ranarr 5 Common 15,555 Ranarr seed 2 Common 3,072 Super magic potion (3) 3 Uncommon 27,600 Prayer potion (4) 3 Uncommon 10,506 Saradomin brew (3) 3 Uncommon 1,806 Super defence (4) 3 Uncommon 1,302 Super restore (4) 3 Uncommon 12,852 Magic seed 1 Rare 157,923
- Saradomin brew (3) and Super restore (4) are always dropped together.
- Super magic potion (3) and Super defence (4) are always dropped together.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 276–20,300 Common Not sold Diamond 6 (noted) Uncommon 14,334 Saradominist soulstone 1 Uncommon Not sold Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 143,564 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 142,446 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 142,991 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Anagogic ort 40 Rare Not sold Saradomin hilt 1 Rare 30,985,060 Zilyana's notes 1 Rare Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/79 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who previously bought this in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop.
- ^ Only dropped during hard mode.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/654 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/553 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,532 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,097 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,742 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,345 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 18,233 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 41,955 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,529 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,834 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 15,618 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,236 Rune javelin 5 Rare 885 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,385 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,317 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,385 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 780,900 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,208 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 30,926 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,390 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,477 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 18,000 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,263,000 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 21,450–71,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,620,600 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,774,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,361,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 99,273 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,370 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 82,825–115,955 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 81,850–114,590 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 981 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 409 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 10,000–300,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,120–24,480 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,040 Law rune 45 Rare 14,445 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 7,900–19,118 Blood rune 50 Rare 15,550 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 49,250–394,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 385,000–770,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 92,100–307,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 33,300–1,665,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 376,050–2,005,600 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,160,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,516,000–24,612,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 14,426–2,163,900 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 106,128 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 122,075–1,220,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 145,590–582,360 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 75,440–754,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 230,500 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 6,789 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 67,026–3,351,300 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 157,923–1,105,461 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,067,760 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,451 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 24,543–760,833 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 2,464 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 25,200–10,080,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- In the Saradomin Strikes Campaign on Armies of Gielinor, it is revealed that at some point during the God Wars, Zilyana was captured by Zamorak, but then escaped.
- Commander Zilyana received several extra buffs on the release of the Triskelion Treasures update. If she is constantly attacked by blood spells, she will become "enraged". Along with the same update, her magical strength was drastically increased, changed her weakness from Water spells to nothing, and had an increased magical defence.
- Zilyana has her own "custom" specials, made by Mod Chris L because she was the only original God Wars boss not to be fought during The World Wakes.
- Commander Zilyana is the only God Wars General to make a direct reference to the Godsword.
- Commander Zilyana features in a flashback during the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest. She is seen facing K'ril Tsutsaroth in battle. As they battle, K'ril gets the upper hand and blasts Zilyana away, critically injuring her. He takes a final look at her body and departs. Saradomin himself comes to rescue her and takes her to the Fist of Guthix arena, where the Stone of Jas lies, and heals her. She also received a graphical update with the release of this quest.
- Zilyana is the only Icyene shown in-game to have two sets of wings; one on her back near her shoulder-blades and another on her lower back near her lumbar. It is currently unknown whether this second set of wings is unique to her only or if she has them because she is female.
|Low-level bosses||Agoroth • Dragith Nurn • Tormented wraith • Giant Mole|
God Wars Dungeon Bosses
|Saradomin||Commander Zilyana (Starlight • Growler • Bree)|
|Zamorak||K'ril Tsutsaroth (Tstanon Karlak • Balfrug Kreeyath • Zakl'n Gritch)|
|Bandos||General Graardor (Sergeant Strongstack • Sergeant Steelwill • Sergeant Grimspike)|
|Armadyl||Kree'arra (Flight Kilisa • Wingman Skree • Flockleader Geerin)|
|Zaros||Nex (Fumus • Umbra • Cruor • Glacies)|
|Aserima • Ceremino • Commander Zilyana • Domus • Garlandia • Liamenes • Padomenes • Queen Efaritay • Safalaan • Selemone • Sergeant Mazakon|
|Chaos Elemental • Corporeal Beast • Dharok the Wretched • Dragonkin • Evil Chicken • General Graardor • Goblin • Imp • Queen Black Dragon • Big Chinchompa • Char • Commander Zilyana • K'ril Tsutsaroth • Kalphite King • King Black Dragon • Kree'arra • Lucien • Moia • Nex • Nomad • Saradomin Colossus • Skeletal Horror • Thalassus • Troll • TzHaar • TzTok-Jad • Vanescula Drakan • Vorago • Yelps • Zombie pirate|