- This article has a related strategy guide here.
- This article has a related strategy guide here. (Hard Mode)
|Also called||Saint Zilyana|
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||5,630 (and 1,857.9 experience)|
|Examine text||Commander of Saradomin's forces.|
In addition, both her magic and melee attacks have a max of 1900 life points and they are both very rapid (same speed as dual-wielded dagger-speed weapons), so players should be careful fighting her. She will also target the player that has currently done the most damage to her.
Commander Zilyana is located in the back room of Saradomin's Encampment. Players must have 70 Agility and 40 Saradominist kills to reach her. In addition, she has 3 bodyguards: Growler (magic), Bree (ranged) and Starlight (melee).
Note: You can not reach her if you do not have 70 Agility (boosts such as Summer pies do not work).
Commander Zilyana is dangerous and should not be underestimated. She is tied with fellow God Wars Dungeon bosses General Graardor, K'ril Tsutsaroth and Kree'arra, along with the Corporeal Beast, for having the fifth highest combat level among monsters that can be fought with conventional means in RuneScape. Only Nex, the Queen Black Dragon, Vorago, the Kalphite King, and the Shadow Barrows Brothers are stronger.
If Blood Spells are used on her consistently, the message "Commander Zilyana becomes more enraged by your spells and tries to channel them to increase her own power!" will appear in the chatbox, and her power will be boosted, granting her stronger attacks. This effect stacks (although there is a cap to it), so continued use of blood spells may prove fatal.
- Death to the enemies of the light!
- Slay the evil ones!
- Saradomin lend me strength!
- By the power of Saradomin!
- May Saradomin be my sword.
- Good will always triumph!
- Forward! Our allies are with us!
- Saradomin is with us!
- In the name of Saradomin!
- Attack! Find the Godsword!
When entering the battle area players are given the option of fighting Zilyana in Hard Mode. When fought in Hard Mode, in addition to increased stats, Zilyana has two phases to the fight, with additional abilities. She also has better drops, although chances for rarer loot such as saradomin swords is not increased.
In Phase 1, Commander Zilyana has the same attacks as she does in standard mode, however, after being defeated once, Commander Zilyana will heal back to full health and must be defeated again, beginning Phase 2.
During Phase 2, Zilyana gains the ability to summon squares of lightning throughout the room. Standing on these spaces can deal over 1000 damage.
Once her health reaches 50 lifepoints, Commander Zilyana will lie down on the floor and a bar that looks similar to an adrenaline bar appears under her lifepoints bar. She is invulnerable during this time, and the only way to finish her off is to successfully hit her with an Ultimate Ability before the bar fills up. If this is not done, she heals 1/3 of her lifepoints.
The World WakesEdit
During the quest The World Wakes, Zilyana, along with many other important followers of other gods discover that the player had found Guthix's home, and gather forces to break in to kill Guthix, ending his edicts and allowing their gods to return. During the quest, Zilyana kills the Guardian of Guthix Cres, believing that he was Guthix in disguise. She was the only God Wars Dungeon boss along with Nex to make it to the last room of the Guthix ancient temple.
Missing, Presumed DeathEdit
Zilyana makes another appearance in the quest Missing, Presumed Death. She is at the Empyrean Citadel, which was taken over by the Mahjarrat Sliske for his grand ascendacy into godhood. Zilyana is present here with Saradomin and appears once again as his chosen champion. As she did not receive a invitation, Zilyana is left outside the entrance with the other generals. Zilyana was seen arguing with the elf Ifleen and the player could choose to either support Zilyana, Ifleen, or tell them the truth. Her obedience to Saradomin can be seen when the player chooses to tell her the truth and she declines Ifleen's offer for a truce, declaring, "It is not truth until Saradomin decrees it so!" After the quest Zilyana, along with the other gods and their generals, disappears from the Empyrean citadel.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 397
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 25 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 15 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Saradomin sword 1 Rare 1,013,638 Armadyl crossbow 1 Rare 7,231,695
Runes and AmmunitionEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune dart 36–40 Common 3,384–3,760 Law rune 96–105 Common 28,320–30,975
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune plateskirt 1 Common 37,571 Adamant platebody 1 Uncommon 9,460 Rune kiteshield 1 Uncommon 31,320 Saradomin's murmur 1 Rare 2,030,822 Saradomin's hiss 1 Rare 756,715 Saradomin's whisper 1 Rare 4,792,411 Warpriest of Saradomin helm 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cuirass 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin greaves 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin gauntlets 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin boots 1 Varies Not sold Warpriest of Saradomin cape 1 Varies Not sold
Herbs, Potions and SeedsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy ranarr 5 Common 12,620 Ranarr seed 2 Common 2,688 Super magic potion (3) 3 Uncommon 21,717 Prayer potion (4) 3 Uncommon 9,285 Saradomin brew (3) 3 Uncommon 537 Super defence (4) 3 Uncommon 738 Super restore (4) 3 Uncommon 8,391 Magic seed 1 Rare 195,100
- Saradomin brew (3) and Super restore (4) are always dropped together.
- Super magic potion (3) and Super defence (4) are always dropped together.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 361–20,300 Common Not sold Diamond 6 (noted) Uncommon 22,404 Godsword shard 1 1 Rare 151,363 Godsword shard 2 1 Rare 151,910 Godsword shard 3 1 Rare 150,557 Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Anagogic ort 40 Rare Not sold Saradomin hilt 1 Rare 37,851,814 Zilyana's notes 1 Rare Not sold Saradominist soulstone 1 Rare Not sold
- ^ Estimated at 1/79 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ a b c d e f Players who previously bought this in the Battle of Lumbridge will have a greater chance of receiving this as a drop.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/654 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/553 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Estimated at 1/480 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Dropped to all players in the room, alongside one of the rare unique item drops.
- ^ Only dropped during hard mode.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,745 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,207 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,929 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 8,277 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 26,832 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 44,195 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 17,444 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,899 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,748 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,096 Rune javelin 5 Rare 890 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,000 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,396 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,460 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,432 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 837,400 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,382 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,320 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,625 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 60,925 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 18,600 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,271,250 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,500–75,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,556,000 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 3,075,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,450,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 146,706 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,160 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 40,750–57,050 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,650–112,910 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 176 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 388 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 8,500–255,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,780–27,120 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,820 Law rune 45 Rare 13,275 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,800–14,036 Blood rune 50 Rare 14,200 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 50,875–407,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 450,000–900,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 83,850–279,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 28,200–1,410,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 445,050–2,373,600 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,100 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,057,400 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 4,017,000–28,119,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,006–1,950,900 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 92,103 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 102,200–1,022,000 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 112,560–450,240 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 53,310–533,100 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 112,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,941 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 88,291–4,414,550 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 195,100–1,365,700 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,167,440 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,043 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 19,661–609,491 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,372 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 29,400–11,760,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- In the Saradomin Strikes Campaign on Armies of Gielinor, it is revealed that at some point during the God Wars, Zilyana was captured by Zamorak, but then escaped.
- Commander Zilyana received several extra buffs on the release of the Triskelion Treasures update. If she is constantly attacked by blood spells, she will become "enraged". Along with the same update, her magical strength was drastically increased, changed her weakness from Water spells to nothing, and had an increased magical defence.
- Zilyana has her own "custom" specials, made by Mod Chris L because she was the only original God Wars boss not to be fought during The World Wakes.
- Commander Zilyana is the only God Wars General to make a direct reference to the Godsword.
- Commander Zilyana features in a flashback during the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest. She is seen facing K'ril Tsutsaroth in battle. As they battle, K'ril gets the upper hand and blasts Zilyana away, critically injuring her. He takes a final look at her body and departs. Saradomin himself comes to rescue her and takes her to the Fist of Guthix arena, where the Stone of Jas lies, and heals her. She also received a graphical update with the release of this quest.
- Zilyana is the only Icyene shown in-game to have two sets of wings; one on her back near her shoulder-blades and another on her lower back near her lumbar. It is currently unknown whether this second set of wings is unique to her only or if she has them because she is female.
God Wars Dungeon Bosses