|Release date||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|High Alch||540,000 coins|
|Low Alch||360,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||109,417,516 coins (info)|
|Examine||A powerful bow imbued with the fury of Zaros.|
It lasts for 10 hours of shots fired before degrading, and then may be repaired by Bob in Lumbridge or at a Player-owned-house armour stand. It should be noted that the bow does not degrade in increments, and its stats stay the same for the entire 10 hours (60,000 shots). The bow will not degrade if it is simply worn. It must be fired in combat in order for it to degrade. Fully broken, the bow costs 2 million coins to repair at Bob's Brilliant Axes, or for as low as 1 million coins at an Armour stand with level 99 Smithing.
Zaryte bow VS Chaotic crossbow
In terms of speed, damage and accuracy, the Zaryte bow is identical to a Chaotic crossbow when used with Rune bolts. However, a shield may be used with the Chaotic crossbow, whereas it cannot with the Zaryte bow, as it is 2-handed. However, as the Zaryte bow has no ammo for the Ava's device to pick up, one can use a cape with it with no inconvenience.
The Chaotic crossbow can use enchanted bolts such as dragon bolts (e) to inflict heavier damage, albeit at a significantly higher cost. The Zaryte bow may be more useful than the Chaotic crossbow in instances where good protection is not needed - for instance, when on a Spiritual Mages slayer task, its longer reach, great power, not leaving any stray ammo around, and counting as protection from all of the factions make it an appealing choice. Since the Chaotic crossbow degrades at 2M per "10 hours" (10,000 attacks made AND received) in addition to the bolt costs, while the Zaryte bow degrades at 1-2M per 60,000 shots fired, with ammunition costs ranging from about 33 to 16gp a shot, depending on one's smithing level, the Zaryte bow is significantly cheaper to use per shot than a Chaotic crossbow with any bolts (unless the crossbow is repaired with Dungeoneering tokens, but that still calls ammo costs into question). The difficulty in earning tokens for the Chaotic crossbow has its counterpart in the difficulty in either killing Nex or earning enough coins to buy a Zaryte bow off another player. Ultimately, which weapon among the two is "better" depends a lot on the immediate situation, like if a shield-slot item is needed, or a particular type of ammunition.
For specific instances where long range is important (especially the Fight Caves), this bow is very useful as it has the longest reach weapons have in Runescape, the same as the crystal bow, hand cannon and the Sighted longbow. The Zaryte bow can also be very useful at Barbarian Assault as it can be used at full power as long as the player still equips the correct arrows needed to damage Penance creatures.
While the Zaryte bow has a lower ranged attack than the Magic longbow (sighted), it has +115 to ranged strength bonus, putting it among the strongest of ranged weapons. It is only surpassed in strength by the hand cannon shot, dragonstone, onyx, bakriminel and royal bolts, as well as Morrigan's javelin and thrownaxe.
A player wielding a zaryte bow
|[view] • [talk]|
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Nex 1001 1 Rare
- In the Behind the Scenes article prior to the release of the Zaryte bow, it was claimed that the bow would be "as powerful as dragonstone-tipped rune bolts". However, upon release the bow only had the power of regular rune bolts (+115 ranged strength), rather than Dragon bolts which give a bonus of +117. The originally claimed power of the bow was additionally misleading in that the bow doesn't have the Dragon's breath special effect given by Dragon bolts. Although Jagex did not state this, many people believed the bow to have the special effect or to hit as high as the special.
- A fully repaired Zaryte bow will last for exactly 60,000 shots; 600 shots per 1%. Unlike the Chaotic equipment or any of the ancient armour, the Zaryte bow does NOT degrade from attacks received; it only degrades from shots fired from it: 1 game tick per shot (1 game tick is 0.6 seconds so it is 60,000 shots fired to completely degrade). 60,000 shots calculates to 33.33 coins per shot if repaired at Bob, or 16.67 coins a shot on an armour stand with 99 smithing.
- This is the only God Wars Dungeon weapon (aside from the Steam Battlestaff) that does not have a special attack.
- The Zaryte bow was initially priced at 60,000,000 coins in the Grand Exchange.
- The Zaryte bow's ammunition looks similar to a crystal bow's ammunition, except that an arrow fired by the Zaryte Bow has a purple aura instead of a green one.
God Wars Dungeon-related items
|Robes of subjugation|
|Ancient ceremonial robes|
Bronze crossbow • Blurite crossbow • Iron crossbow • Steel crossbow • Black crossbow • Mith crossbow • Adamant crossbow • Rune crossbow • Dragon crossbow • Armadyl crossbow • Chaotic crossbow • Royal crossbow • Ascension crossbow