|Release date||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|High Alch||540,000 coins|
|Low Alch||360,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||108,775,523 coins (info)|
|Examine||A powerful bow imbued with the fury of Zaros.|
The zaryte bow is an enchanted Zarosian bow that requires 80 Ranged to wield. Released on 10 January 2011, it is dropped exclusively by Nex, the Zarosian leader of the Ancient Prison in the God Wars Dungeon. The zaryte bow is among the most accurate Ranged weapons in RuneScape, with accuracy and damage equal to the royal crossbow or dual-wielded chaotic crossbows with royal bolts, and equivalent to Melee's chaotic maul. Like the crystal bow, the zaryte bow supplies its own ammunition, removing the need for players to use and manage their own arrows when using it. It is the best available weapon for taking out enemies weak to arrows, such as chromatic dragons, aquanites, Automaton Generators, and even the Kalphite King when in its Magic phase.
After firing 60,000 shots, the zaryte bow degrades and requires repair before it can be used again. Bob the smith in Lumbridge can repair the bow at a price of 20,000 coins per percent of charge (2 million coins for a full repair). Players with an armour stand in their player-owned house can repair the bow themselves for a decreased cost according to their Smithing level (up to a 50% discount for a player with 99 Smithing and a Smithing cape).
Wielding a zaryte bow, or wearing any piece of torva, pernix, or virtus armour, will cause all factions of monsters in the God Wars Dungeon (aside from the monsters in the generals' rooms and Zarosian monsters in the Ancient Prison) to be unaggressive.
A player wielding a zaryte bow
|[view] • [talk]|
Comparison to other weaponsEdit
Because all weapons of the same tier deal equal damage (setting aside the 50% increase from two-handed weaponry or dual-wielding, which all the below weapons share), the zaryte bow deals the same damage as the royal crossbow (with royal bolts) and dual-wielded chaotic crossbows (with royal bolts). Thus if it does not matter whether you use arrows or bolts, any of the three weapons will be equally effective. (To be completely precise, the zaryte bow hits very slightly higher than the royal crossbow when using abilities. This is a very minor difference that comes from rounding in the damage calculation, and can be ignored.)
The royal crossbow is the weapon of choice for many high-level rangers. Because its components only cost 1,101,034, as opposed to the zaryte bow's 108,775,523, this crossbow is typically the best choice for players that meet all its requirements and do not have a lot of coins. Alternatively, frequent dungeoneers may prefer spending 300k tokens for the mainhand and off-hand chaotic crossbows, which for the majority of players is also easier than earning the cash for a zaryte bow.
Despite the zaryte bow's heavy price in comparison to other weapons of its tier, it is the only level 80 bow that can fire arrows, and thus is suitable when arrows specifically are required. It additionally does not require ammunition – the bow generates its own arrows – and can be wielded in the God Wars Dungeon for complete protection from its minions.
At the end of the day, it is up to the player which weapon and Ranged style they will choose to buy.
Repair cost Edit
Enter your smithing level here to calculate how much it would cost to repair the Zaryte bow on an Armour stand:
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = cost||2000000|hidden param = level|Smithing Level (1-105)|1|int|1-105
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Nex 220 1 Rare
- The zaryte bow was released alongside torva, pernix, and virtus armours. Torva, pernix, and virtus are Latin words with different meanings; however, "zaryte" is not a real-life word, Zaryte probably means it is aligned to Zaros.
- The attack range of the zaryte bow is 7 spaces, the same as any shortbow.
- In the Behind the Scenes article announcing the upcoming release of the zaryte bow, it was claimed that the bow would be "as powerful as dragonstone-tipped rune bolts". However, upon release, it was found that the bow is in fact equal to regular runite bolts. Based on the statement in the Behind the Scenes article, some players expected the zaryte bow to have a dragonfire special effect, much like enchanted dragon bolts.
- Upon release, the zaryte bow was initially priced at 60,000,000 coins in the Grand Exchange.
- The zaryte bow's ammunition looks similar to a crystal bow's ammunition, except that an arrow fired by the zaryte bow has a purple aura instead of a green one.
- The zaryte bow was graphically updated, along with the God Wars Dungeon and most items that drop from there, on 5 September 2012.
- On the launch of the Evolution of Combat, the zaryte bow used the old graphics when sheathed and the new graphics when unsheathed. This has been fixed on the update with the Kalphite King.
God Wars Dungeon-related items
|Robes of subjugation|
|Ancient ceremonial robes|