|Release date||22 July 2013 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Varies|
|Always drops||Divine tears|
|Examine text||Deadly at range.|
The Zamorakian sniper is a ranged-based monster fighting on the side of Zamorak in the Battle of Lumbridge. They drop Divine tears. They can only be attacked by players who have sided with Saradomin. Before being attacked by a player, they have 10000 lifepoints, but after being attacked, their lifepoints and stats lower, with the extent they are lowered varying depending on the combat level of the one who attacked them, with a minimum of 128.
They are capable of using abilities, however, and are dangerous in that regard. Upon first being attacked by a player, the first thing they will usually do is use a variant of Fragmentation Shot that deals less damage per hit than normal, but lasts for six hits instead of three, and still deals triple damage upon moving. Staying in the same spot and/or using Freedom will prevent considerable damage.
They could also use abilities including Binding Shot, Snipe, Bombardment, and the ultimate abilities Deadshot and Incendiary Shot, although their Incendiary Shot seems to do less damage than 40% of the player's maximum health.
They use abilities according to their current adrenaline; however, their adrenaline bar is always obscured by their combat status bar unless the player is not targeting them or is moving the camera angle.
Unlike most monsters including some other units in the Battle of Lumbridge, they move in running speed, making them difficult to catch up or run away from.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Divine tears 1–5 Always Not sold Sacred metal fragments 1–14 Common Not sold Smite (Tier 0) 1 Rare Not sold Divine Fury (Tier 0) 1 Rare Not sold Divine Inspiration (Tier 0) 1 Rare Not sold Guardian Angel (Tier 0) 1 Rare Not sold Icyenic greathammer head 1 Rare Not sold Icyenic orb 1 Rare Not sold Icyenic bowstaff 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold
In addition, this monster has a very rare chance to drop "the Virtuous", "the Boundless" and "the Eternal" titles.
- The knifethrower version of Zamorakian sniper throws knives in a reversed way, handle first, which make it look like the blade never hit its target.
- When snipers first appear on the battlefield, they sometimes say "You have my bow.", a reference to the Fellowship of the Ring movie, when Legolas offers his services to Frodo with the same exact line.
- All snipers have a chance of saying "You have my bow" upon spawning, despite the fact that not all of them wield bows.
- Starting the seventh week of the Battle of Lumbridge, they started dropping more than 10 sacred metal fragments at a time.
- Upon defeating an opponent, Zamorakian snipers sometimes say "I have you now" or "All too easy...", references to the Star Wars character Darth Vader.