|Release date||18 September 2007 (Update)|
|Combat level||61, 65|
|XP per kill||130 (and 42.9 experience)|
|Examine text||A warrior of Zamorak.|
Zamorak warriors are the warriors of ZMI and currently guard the Ourania rune altar. They appear to be equipped with dragon longsword, Rock-shell helm, Rock-shell legs, Spined body, spined gloves, and a dragon square shield. Many players kill Zamorak warriors for money because they commonly drop Rune scimitars.
Despite their low life points, they are known to have very high melee defence. Still, ranging or maging is not recommended. A good weapon choice would be the abyssal whip with a dragon defender. Dragon weapons also work with higher Attack levels. Super attack potions are also highly recommended due to the fact they will speed your killing up a lot.
Their lobster drops are enough to help well defended players to stay here for longer, yet healing with Guthan's set is still a frequently used strategy. You may also want to take Bones to Peaches tablets with you, you may then pick up their bones and convert them into peaches, which heal 80 life points each. The ring of wealth will be very helpful when hunting here. Runes to cast High Level Alchemy should be brought along for rune daggers and adamant longswords. Otherwise, you can sell the rune dagger fairly easy on the Grand Exchange. Adamant longswords, however should be sold in the Warriors' Guild, as they don't sell easily on G.E. Rune scimitars are dropped very frequently when compared to Fire Giants. Also there are a lot of Zamorak mages around the warriors which use magical attacks on the player so prayer pots and protect from magic is well advised. There is a spot in the chaos tunnels however in which only Zamorak warriors reside. For the first 10 minutes or so they will all be aggressive so it is advised to get in a spot where only one can attack at a time. Behind the southern portal is a safe spot to stand until they become non-aggressive. It is also recommended that anyone under 60 Defence have Protect from Melee as in the event of being attacked by more than one warrior your life points could quickly deplete resulting in a quick and untimely death.
If desired, you can go to the tunnels with a partner. Although you might not get as many drops, you can kill a lot more, thereby increasing your chances for many rune scimitar and rune dagger drops. For example, during a two hour period, two players could get 10+ rune scimitar drops, and a whopping 25+ rune daggers.
Another easy method for killing them is to kill the first Zamorak warrior in the Ourania Runecrafting Altar (the one nearest to the bank) and use protect for melee, protecting from almost all the damage. Then, between battles, climb up the ladder and replenish Prayer points at the Chaos Altar and thus you can easily kill them with no food at all.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 349
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 1,595 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune dagger 1 Common 4,214 Adamant longsword 1 Common 1,441 Steel scimitar 1 Common 64 Steel dagger 1 Common 29 Rune scimitar 1 Uncommon 14,800
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 100 Common Not sold Lobster 3 Common 525 Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- The level 84 version of the Zamorak warriors appear to be equipped with a Vesta's longsword, red coloured Guthan's helm, a heraldic Zamorak kiteshield, and a red version of the splitbark body and legs.
- Some versions of the Zamorak warrior appear to be equipped with the old form of dragon platebodies, but without the dragon image in the centre.
- The image of a Zamorak warrior seems to be wielding a dragon longsword, a red version of the spined body, a darker red version of the dragon sq shield, a red version of granite legs, and a red version of the rock-shell helm
- Although a Zamorak warrior wields a dragon longsword, it has the same attack speed as a scimitar.