|Release||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|High alch||750,000 coins|
|Low alch||500,000 coins|
|Exchange||1,729,634 coins (info)|
|A terrifying, heavy sword.|
The Zamorak godsword is one of the four legendary godswords that was fought over during the God Wars. Requiring 75 Attack to wield, it is created by attaching a Zamorak hilt to a completed godsword blade, which has no requirements and can be done by any player. Along with the Armadyl godsword, the Bandos godsword, the Saradomin godsword, and the Auspicious katana, the Zamorak godsword is one of the best 2-handed melee weapons in the game, aside from certain weapons in Daemonheim, Stealing Creation, and the Dominion Tower.
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
The Zamorak godsword has a special attack called Ice Cleave, which deals up to 270% auto-attack damage and binds the target for 10 seconds. It uses 60% adrenaline.
The Zamorak godsword (passive) is made by using the godsword on the altar in K'ril Tsutsaroth's room in the God Wars Dungeon, requiring 70 Constitution. This makes the godsword untradeable, loses its special attack, but gives it a passive effect that has a 25% chance of activating upon a successful hit, freezing your target for 6 seconds.
The passive is perhaps more useful when trying to keep an enemy frozen for as much time as possible, for example when countering rangers who farcast using the Binding shot ability. The special is more useful when the bind need to be at an exact time and/or coupled with a strong hit, such as preventing a flag carrier from running away in Castle Wars or someone from running away in the wilderness. A freeze for melee is more useful than it sounds, because when a melee user chases after a running enemy, the melee user cannot even use any abilities, as the game would simply say the target is too far away even when the target is close enough to be autoattacked.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||4.2%|
|1 × Zamorak components|
- Before the Evolution of Combat this weapon's special attack would freeze the opponent for 20 seconds and consumed 60% of the special attack bar. The animation consisted of the character performing a stabbing motion resulting in an ice animation at the enemy's feet. Prior to the graphical update on 1 July 2008, the player would simply perform a chopping motion resulting an ice block formation around the enemy, the exact animation used for Ice Barrage. Since the reintroduction of special attacks with Legacy Mode, the freeze was decreased to 10 seconds.
- The special used to be very useful when fighting Commander Zilyana before the EoC, as her attacks were very hard hitting back then and it was a good strategy to keep her frozen in place so she couldn't attack, and farcast her using range.
- Like all godswords and the God Wars Dungeon itself, the Zamorak godsword received a graphical update on 5 September 2012.
- When using the special attack, the Zamorak godsword will be shown instead of any cosmetic overrides activated.
- If the sword is used on Seren, she will exclaim "The sword of the betrayer! Usurper! You killed my sibling!".