|Release date||25 February 2009 (Update)|
|Location||See list of possible locations|
|Examine|| A tough evil tree!|
|Notable features||Part of Distractions and Diversions - Evil Tree|
An Evil Yew Tree can be found while playing the Distractions and Diversions game Evil Tree. Spirit trees across Gielinor will give players a hint on the location of an Evil Tree if there is one sprouting. As a sapling, it can be nurtured with level 30 Farming. When the sapling grows into an Evil Tree, players must chop it with a hatchet if they have 60 Woodcutting. There is also the option of burning the tree with a tinderbox if the player has level 60 Firemaking. When killed, the tree will drop some rewards in its trunk, which players can pick up.
- When the tree is still a sapling, Farming experience can be gained for nurturing it. No items are required for that.
- When the tree is fully grown, chopping at the roots earns 13 Woodcutting xp and chopping the tree earns 64.5 Woodcutting xp.
- When a root vanishes, the player gains Evil tree kindlings, which can be used on the tree to set fire to a part of the tree. This grants 1012.5 Firemaking xp for each of the eight positions that can be lit for a potential total of 8100 Firemaking xp per evil yew tree (the Ring of fire and Flame gloves give no additional experience, and the Inferno Adze will not automatically light any kindling received).
Evil Tree Experience Nurturing Firemaking Chopping roots Chopping tree Yew 172.5 1012.5 13 64.5
Hints & TipsEdit
- Even if you do not have the firemaking level to light the evil kindlings on a Yew Tree, you can save them for later for a tree that you do have the firemaking to light them on.
- There are many clans set up around Evil Tree killing, you can search the Distraction and Diversion forum in the official RuneScape Forums to find these groups. These are very useful because people will scout for trees and let each other know in the clan chat.
- You may want to use the Leprechaun's Magic to your advantage. As soon as you collect your reward, you can go and fill your inventory up with whatever you want and then go to cut trees of your choice. Logs will magically be transferred to the bank and your chances of getting nests will increase drastically.
- Experience (Farming & Firemaking or Woodcutting)
- Yew Logs (noted)
- Bird nests
- Loop half of key
- Tooth half of key
- Clue scroll (easy)
- Tree seeds
- After the tree has been killed, the Leprechaun will bank any additional logs cut for up to 22 minutes. ( after you have a full inventory)
- Spin tickets
Tree • Dying tree • Dead tree • Dead tree covered in snow • Evergreen • Burnt tree • Jungle tree • Achey tree • Oak tree • Willow tree • Teak tree • Maple tree • Hollow tree • Mahogany tree • Arctic pine • Eucalyptus tree • Yew tree • Magic tree • Cursed magic tree • Bloodwood tree
Ailanthus tree • Cedar tree • Cinnamon tree • Dramen tree • Dream tree • Mastic tree • Sassafras tree • Swaying tree • White tree • Windswept tree • Evil holly tree • Evil hawthorn tree • Blisterwood tree
Calquat tree • Dramen Tree Spirit • Fyburglars tree • Giant ent • Golden Apple Tree • Grand Tree • Ivy • Leafy palm tree • Nice tree • Tree spirit • Undead tree • Scrapey tree • Spirit tree • Sq'irk tree • Strong tree • Wintumber tree • Witchwood tree • Young tree