|Release date||28 February 2012 (Update)|
|Notable features||Host of the Squeal of Fortune|
Establishing the Squeal of FortuneEdit
In year 169 of the Fifth Age, Yelps opened up the Squeal of Fortune, a special wheel that rewards items out to those who spin it, by causing a giant boxing glove to punch him in the face. He allowed adventurers up to two spins on his wheel a day, with a promise of winning something every time. A few months after the Squeal was established, he managed to make a deal with various quest-givers to make them reward adventurers two extra spins for every time they complete a quest.
Later that year, in a massive update to his Squeal, Yelps started rewarding adventurers for skilling by giving them free spin tickets for use on his Squeal. Meanwhile, various monsters had somehow got a hold of some tickets, and Yelps was happy to reward adventurers who retrieved them by allowing them to use the ticket for an extra spin. Yelps also made a deal with the PBJ, leprechauns, Balthazar Beauregard and the Burthorpe Imperial Guard, meaning that adventurers can gain up to one extra spin a week by participating in the activities they host.
At the same time, Yelps started selling spins in various packages, seemingly having turned his squeal into a profitable venture.
The Squeal of Fortune proved a massive success. News of his success had even reached the gnomes of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, although the gnomes seemed to be less impressed with him, with the gnome alchemist Mieliki Tapio referring to him as "a stupid goblin that gives you things for free". Around this time, Yelps upgraded the Squeal, replacing the boxing glove with a sharp arrow.
Yelps also made another deal with the Imperial Guard of Burthorpe, the terms of this meant that Yelps would give a free spin to those that helped the Imperial Guard stock their supplies by completing various challenges for Captain Haskell.
- Yelps seems to be a masochist, as he seemingly enjoys the pain provided by people spinning his squeal, which causes him to be punched in the face.
- It was revealed at RuneFest 2013 that Yelps may die in an upcoming update, depending on the players' actions.
- He appears to have level 79 Summoning, as he is capable of summoning Fire titans.
- ^ Mod Nexus. "Spin and Win on the Squeal of Fortune!". 28 February 2012. RuneScape News. "Each time you play, you'll see a selection of items to win, randomly chosen from Yelps's huge stash of loot." This "huge stack of loot" includes 200,000,000 coins, Divine spirit shields, and Cash bags.*
- ^ Mieliki Tapio, Tree Gnome Stronghold, RuneScape. "Mieliki has rewards, yes, but people must help Nyriki to earn them. Mieliki is not some stupid goblin giving rewards for free." *
- ^ RuneFest 3 LIVE! (Video). 2 November 2013.