This article is about t
he monster. For t
he Summoning familiar, see Pack yak
Yaks live just inside the gates of Neitiznot, in a pen not far from the Neitiznot docks, where players can go to and from Rellekka by talking to Maria Gunnars. Players are not required to complete The Fremennik Isles to go to this island, players are only required to talk to King Gjuki Sorvott IV to gain access to Neitiznot. Before the Evolution of Combat update, they were popular among players for combat training. In terms of low level monsters with high Constitution and low Defence, Yaks were comparable to other training monsters such as the Rock Crabs and Experiments. The 100 percent yak-hide and hair drops represent a potential of 57 Crafting experience. A bank, spinning wheel and tanner are nearby.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- Upon using any item on a yak produces a message saying "The cow doesn't want that." instead of the expected "Nothing interesting happens."
- The Combat training for yaks is no longer as effective due to the Evolution of Combat update.
- Yaks in the real world are not known to moo, unlike in RuneScape.
- For 2015 April Fools yaks would commonly drop an Amulet of yakspeak.