|Release date||15 March 2010 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||The Blood Pact, Carnillean Rising|
|Examine|| An old adventurer.|
|Notable features|| Veteran adventurer and member of the Guild of Champions, Guild of Heroes and Guild of Legends.|
Xenia is one of the seven Signature Heroes, and a veteran adventurer. She was released along with the quest The Blood Pact and the Lumbridge Catacombs, the first Free-to-play quest to be released since 2003.
If the player speaks to Xenia (In Lumbridge) with 300 or more quest points, he or she can obtain the helmet of trials, a decorative helmet worn by players to show off their progress in questing, much like a skillcape. Unlike the Quest Cape, the amount of quest points needed to wear the helmet will not fluctuate as more quests are released; it will stay at 300.
Xenia has adventured for a long time, and is mostly now concerned with ensuring there are enough other heroes to overcome future challenges. She is very deceitful, as shown in quests The Blood Pact and in Carnillean Rising, and is willing to take dire risks (often with others' lives).
Xenia has worked with many famous heroes, and has picked up knowledge about many subjects. Her personal capabilities, however, are relatively unknown.
Xenia is of a previous generation of adventurers. She has worked with many famous heroes, including Radimus Erkle, Harrallak, Shanomi, and the Wise Old Man. Together with Radimus, she founded the Champions', Heroes', and Legends' Guilds. She has been to the Eastern Lands, and was part of the expedition to map the Kharazi Jungle.
As with all the Signature Heroes, Xenia can be found in many locations throughout RuneScape.
- On the first floor of Ardougne Castle.
- On the second floor of the White Knights' Castle, near Sir Amik Varze.
- Al Kharid palace
- In Varrock Palace
- Ice Mountain
- After While Guthix Sleeps, weeping at the heroes' statues in Falador.
- In Lumbridge's cemetery.
- In the Champions' Guild with Ozan, Sir Owen, and Ariane.
- On the second floor of the Heroes' Guild with Linza as well as the previously mentioned heroes.
- On the first floor of the Legends' Guild with all the other Signature Heroes.
Quest and Miniquest AppearancesEdit
Xenia is featured in the following quests:
- The Blood Pact, which is started by talking to her and in which she plays a major role. After the quest, the player may bring her demon statuettes for coin rewards.
- Carnillean Rising, when she is recruited by Ceril Carnillean but refuses the job momentarily.
- Xenia is also the name of the Greek concept of hospitality, or generosity and courtesy shown to those who are far from home. This is ironic, considering how she actually treats the player and a few NPCs.
- Depending on which quests the player has completed, Xenia will respond to "How did you know my name?" in several different ways. If the player is a non-member and has not completed Dragon Slayer, Xenia will claim that she "Heard you helped Sir Vant kill a Dragon in Roddeck's cellar" (she will say it even if you've completed Tutorial Island or Learning the Ropes). If you have completed Vampyre Slayer, she will say that Dr. Harlow has told her all about you. If the player has completed Dragon Slayer, she will say that she heard through the Champions' Guild that the player slew Elvarg. If the player has completed the Legends' Quest, she will claim she heard of the player through her contacts in the Legends' Guild, and if the player has in excess of 290 quest points, she will say "You're a legend even in the Legends' Guild! It's a pleasure to meet you."
- Before her graphical update, Xenia stayed in one place, and looked older and less battle-worn.
- Xenia plays a small role in one of the Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks that have no difficulty, where the player must escort a man to her.
- In one possible conversation with Xenia, she reveals that there have been vampyres, other than Count Draynor, sighted west of the River Salve in her lifetime, and that she has helped to kill them.
- As revealed in the third Above the Lore podcast, Xenia is over 58 years old.