This article is about the powerful creatures from the God Wars. For other uses, see Wyrms (disambiguation).
Wyrms were far stronger than dragons, A single wyrm was capable of destroying massive cities and wiping out entire armies, making them invaluable assets to those that were able to tame them.
When telling the story of the Tears of Guthix, the Guardian of Guthix Juna provides the only mention of these creatures: The colossal Wyrms, of whom today's dragons are a pale reflection, turned all the sky to fire, while on the ground armies of foot soldiers, goblins and trolls and humans, filled the valleys and plains with blood.
- It is highly possible that the wyrms are based on Frank Herbert's Dune book's sandworms. This is backed up by the fact that they were hard to control, could decimate entire cities, and required highly skilled people (Fremen) to ride them.
- Wyrm is an archaic English word meaning "dragon."
- Desert Wyrm familiars are a type of small wyrm from the Spirit Plane.
- The Strykewyrms, of which there are Jungle, Desert and Ice varieties, may be related to the ancient wyrms. WildyWyrms also seem to be relatives. However, all of these species appear flightless.
- The Desert Wyrm highly resembles a Chinese Dragon.
- The Queen Black Dragon may have been classified as a wyrm, as she is certainly large enough. It is also stated in game that all dragons are descended from wyrms, and the Queen Black Dragon is known to be the ancestor of all dragons