|Release date||3 December 2009 (Update)|
|Drain rate||200 points per minute (1 point per 0.3 seconds)|
|Effect||Inflicts damage to nearby targets if you die.|
If this curse is active when a player dies, it deals damage up to 2500% their Prayer level to enemies in a 5x5 square. The most damage that can be done using this prayer is 2,475 with a Prayer level of 99. Note that this curse will not hurt other players outside of PvP areas. This is an enhanced version of Retribution.
- According to the ancient hymnal, Wrath's verbal incantation is "Nex meus emanabit sicut pestilentia." (My death will spread like a plague.)
- Nex uses this prayer when she dies, making her the first boss monster to use an overhead prayer other than a protection prayer and the first boss to use the wrath prayer.
- If the player dies from damage not coming from another player or monster (for example, desert heat), Wrath will not activate; however, poison is an exception to this.
- Both the animation and the icon for Wrath resemble a nuclear mushroom cloud.
- Following the Evolution of Combat, Wrath was intended to have its damage increased to 2500% of the player's Prayer level, however it still only dealt up to 300%. This was patched in a later update.