|Release date||29 June 2004 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Priest in Peril|
|High Alch||180 coins|
|Low Alch||120 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A silver dagger that can prevent werewolves changing form.|
A Wolfbane is a member's only melee weapon. It has no level requirements to equip. When wielded, the dagger stops men and women in the town of Canifis from morphing into their more powerful Werewolf form. Since Wolfbane prevents the villagers from turning into werewolves, this method does NOT work for Slayer tasks.
The dagger is a reward for completing the Priest in Peril quest. If dropped or lost, the dagger can be reclaimed by talking to Drezel in the basement of the Paterdomus church (there is a ladder north of the church). Multiple daggers can be obtained by using the Drop trick. The dagger has a +5 Prayer bonus, making it quite effective at extending prayer points. Only some expensive, rare weapons have better prayer bonuses.
In the quest The Branches of Darkmeyer Wolfbane can be used for an alternative method of gaining status in Darkmeyer.
This is used for the easy Morytania task, Dislike-Anthrope.
A player wielding a wolfbane dagger
|[view] • [talk]|
- Wolfbane is a plant also known as monkshood and aconitum and is traditionally associated with werewolves in various ways.
- There is a Wolfbane dagger laying on a workbench in Doric's house. This may be a reference to the RuneScape novel, Return to Canifis.
- If you have the dagger equipped, spells can be cast upon the werewolves without them transforming.
- There is a glitch when using an aura while wielding Wolfbane which causes the aura outline to not match the dagger. This also happens with other weapons.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the Wolfbane could not be poisoned. A message would appear saying "You cannot poison the holy dagger Wolfbane...". This is no longer the case, due to the changes to weapon poison.
Holy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of balance (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Unholy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Ancient book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of law (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of war (+5) (Illuminated (+8)
Citharede symbol(+8) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+3) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Ancient staff(-1)
(+) Prayer bonus