|Release date||15 January 2008 (Update)|
Wolf Whistle is a quest that introduces the Summoning skill, being released at the same time as the skill.
|“||The venerable druid Pikkupstix is in a bind. He needs someone to help him with a little problem. Well, a large, angry, destructive problem, to be exact! Summon your courage and prepare to learn the deeper mysteries of nature, such as what druids keep in their basements, and how large a rabbit can get before it becomes a little too big...||”|
|Start point||Pikkupstix's house, Taverley|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Nothing (killing two 25/38/73-level wolves helps a lot)|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. 2 Wolf bones obtained as part of the quest|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Speak to Pikkupstix in Taverley. He will explain (between bursts of noise from upstairs in his house) that there is a Summoning obelisk underneath his house and that the source of the noise is a giant wolpertinger, a rabbit-like creature. He will also tell the player that he sent his assistant Stikklebrix on an errand to find some items to help with the problem, but he has not returned. Pikkupstix will send you upstairs, so climb up the ladder, where you get to watch a cut-scene. Then talk to Pikkupstix again.
After the player has volunteered to help, take 2 wolf bones to Pikkupstix. These can be obtained by searching the corpse of Stikklebrix, which is a short way up the path to the top of the mountain or by simply killing two white wolves that are wandering all around the White Wolf Mountain. Wolf bones are also available in the werewolf trading post and the Stronghold of Security level one.
Return to Pikkupstix and give him the wolf bones. He will then give the player the following items:
Proceed to the basement of Pikkupstix's house.
Infuse your Spirit wolf pouch by clicking on the obelisk and selecting infuse-pouch. This will bring up the Summoning pouch creation screen. Infuse both of the pouches and make them both spirit wolf pouches.
"Use" ONE of the Spirit wolf pouches on the obelisk again to create 10 Howl scrolls. Return to Pikkupstix for further instructions.
Go upstairs again and your character will state that they will summon the spirit wolf, and a short cut-scene will ensue in which the wolpertinger will notice you. (WARNING: You cannot go upstairs if you have a howl scroll that you did not make downstairs. There is not enough time to drop the scroll and finish the quest, so if you wish to keep the other scroll (the others will change into that type of scroll after the quest) please bank it)
After the cut-scene, right mouse click upon the Spirit Wolf pouch and select "Summon spirit wolf". This will bring up the Summoning control panel.
Right-click on the icon the Howl scroll at the top left of the control panel, select "Cast Howl", this and then select the Giant wolpertinger (it's similar to the "Use" option).
You'll get another cut-scene and your Spirit Wolf will disappear. (While the cut-scene is playing, you can actually climb down stairs. DON'T DO THIS! You'll have to make another wolf pouch! If you wait, you'll automatically go down stairs). Speak to Pikkupstix again.
Go back downstairs to renew your Summoning skill points (right mouse click on the Obelisk). Finally, return to Pikkupstix to claim your reward.
Congratulations, quest complete!
- 1 quest point
- 276 experience
- Access to the Summoning skill. See Starting Summoning for the skill basics.
- 275 Gold charms.
- You get to keep the 9 remaining Howl Scrolls.
With the 276 XP you will be level 4 at Summoning. If you train Summoning with the best familiar you can create (at level 4 create dreadfowl pouches until level 10, then create spirit spiders until level 13 and etc.) you will be level 20 at Summoning before you run out of the gold charms you were given.
Required for completingEdit
- A Void Dance
- Fairytale III - Battle at Orks Rift
- Rune Mechanics
- While Guthix Sleeps
- Karamja Tasks:
- Elite: "Boxing Clever" and "Walkies!"
- Falador Tasks:
- Hard: "Banned For Life"
- Elite: "I've Changed My Mind!"
- Fremennik Province Tasks:
- Easy: "A Familiar Feeling"
- Seers' Village Tasks:
- Medium: "Familiar Fire Familiarity"
- Ardougne Tasks:
- Easy: "A Gift From Khazard"
- Elite: "Abyssal Valet"
- In the initial dialogue, the reference to "a rabbit" and "one rabbit stew coming right up" are references to the Tim the Enchanter scene in Monty Python's The Holy Grail movie.
- When the player climbs up the ladder to confront the Wolpertinger, the player says "Mustn't look around, bunny will eat me". This is likely a reference to one episode of The Simpsons when Bart couldn't sleep while in the scary clown bed Homer made for Bart, who said "Can't sleep, clown will eat me" several times.
- Pikkupstix is a name play on "Pick-up sticks" and Stikklebrix is a play on Stickle bricks.
- A wolf whistle is a type of whistling in which fingers are inserted in the mouth to produce a louder and more penetrating tone.
- As of 9 November 2009, a few sound effects have been added to the Wolf Whistle quest.
- Upon the completion of this quest, one's Adventurer's Log will read: "Clearing Pikkupstix's attic required a spirit wolf and a little bit of bravery. I doubt I'll see a wolpertinger quite that big ever again!"
Wolf Whistle (historical)
|Related||Quick guide • Transcript|