- This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
- This quest received a major rework on 31 January 2012. The old version can be found here.
- Note that this quest can be done again even after you completed the old version.
|Release date||31 January 2012 (Update)|
|Voice acted?||Unknown edit|
Wolf Whistle is a members quest that introduces the skill of Summoning. The player helps druids in Taverley summon a one-of-a-kind creature to help defeat the trolls who have kidnapped one of their kin.
|Start point:||Pikkupstix's house, Taverley|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:||None|
The missing druids
To start, talk to Pikkupstix who is just North of Taverley's East entrance. Ask if he has any Quests and he will tell the player to look into the whereabouts of his assistants Scalectrix and Bowloftrix. He will say that they were by the dry well in Taverley and are very late getting back, making him worried. Agree to go and take a look for him.
The AssistantsFollow the road South and then West across a bridge. After crossing, walk North and there will be a well. Talk to Scalectrix just outside of the well. She will mention that Bowloftrix was captured by Trolls and taken into the well and that she has been waiting for someone to help. She will say that there are too many trolls and they need to be broken up. She has already tried a Spirit wolf but the trolls just laughed at it. She will then ask the player to report what happened to Pikkupstix. The player can either take a look at the trolls and view a cutscene of Bowloftrix in trouble or talk to Pikkupstix. Either way, Pikkupstix must be talked to.
Tell Pikkupstix that Bowloftrix was kidnapped by trolls. Once he is told a spirit wolf won't work, he asks the player to assist him in summoning a Giant wolpertinger. He says that the wolpertinger can emanate an aura of fear that even trolls will flee from. He will inform the player that he needs his ancient wolf bone amulet, some white hare meat, and an embroidered pouch.
Obtaining the Materials
Wolf Bone Amulet
To get the amulet, follow the road back across the bridge. Keep going West past the well and onto a mountain. On the mountain, follow the middle path until Stikklebrix's body is found on the ground. Search his body to obtain the Ancient wolf bone amulet.
White Hare Meat
Go to the pet shop South of Pikkupstix and ask the owner about white hare meat. He will inform the player that he does indeed have some White hare meat from his supplier in Morytania and will give some to the player.
To get the pouch, just head upstairs in Pikkupstix's house and open the drawers in the Northwest corner of the room.
Rare Summoning Items
Talk to Pikkupstix and he will give you rare summoning items.
Talk to him again and inform him all the items are on hand. He will ensure that any of the items that get lost or damaged are returned to him. Click on the obelisk located in the east side of his house and talk to him again. The player will combine the items into a giant wolpertinger pouch.
Scaring the trolls
Pikkupstix will inform the player that it will take the combined power of him/her and Scalectrix to summon the Giant wolpertinger. Head back over to the well and talk to Scalectrix. There will be a cutscene where the player and Scalectrix summon the Giant wolpertinger which scares the trolls, led by Wolf Meat and Wolf Bones, then fades away. Scalectrix and the player then free Bowloftrix from the trolls and after some dialogue, the quest will be completed!
Required for completing
- A Void Dance
- Fairytale III - Battle at Orks Rift
- Rune Mechanics
- While Guthix Sleeps
- Karamja Tasks:
- Elite: "Boxing Clever" and "Walkies!"
- Falador Tasks:
- Fremennik Province Tasks:
- Easy: "A Familiar Feeling"
- Seers' Village Tasks:
- Medium: "Familiar Fire Familiarity"
- Ardougne Tasks:
- Summoning a Giant Wolpertinger is a contrast to the old version of the quest, where you had to summon a Spirit Wolf to scare away a Giant Wolpertinger.
- After entering the well the first time, your character will be scared off by the trolls no matter your combat level, even though you can kill them in one hit each after the quest.
- After summoning the giant wolpertinger, your summoning points will be drained to zero, even if you have a summoning level higher than 1 (which is possible by doing the first version of the quest or receiving Summoning experience through an experience lamp).
- There was a spelling mistake when the player says there are too many trolls in the well. Instead, the player says troils.
- Players who completed the quest before the new released can do it again to receive the reward again.
- Bowloftrix's name spells out Bowl Of Trix, a play on the name of Trix Cereal. In fact, in part of the quest, the player says, "Let's go save Bowloftrix before he becomes a bowl of Bowloftrix!"