- This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Start point||Talk to the crying boy west of Falador.|
|Requirements||You must be able to beat 4 monsters from level 24 to 70 without a break.|
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
|Enemies to defeat||Witch's Experiment fought over four forms:|
To start, head to the building on the shore south of Taverley and directly west of Falador. Talk to the crying boy there, who tells you that he accidentally kicked his ball over into the witch's garden nearby and asks you to retrieve it for him.
After accepting the quest, head west to the front door of the house just north of the boy, where Nora T. Hagg lives. Search the pot north of the door to find a key, and enter the house.
Inside, you'll find a diary on the table, which speaks of an experiment and how Professor Oddenstein installed security systems in the cellar and the garden door and guides you on how to pass them. It also mentions a secret compartment in the fountain.
Go down into the basement and search the nearby boxes for a pair of leather gloves if you don't already have them; you may need to search the box more than once to obtain the gloves. While they are equipped, go through the metal gate and search the cupboard to find a magnet.
Warning: If you are not wearing the leather gloves, flame gloves, safety gloves, void gloves, ghostly gloves or penance gloves, you will be hit for one fifth of your maximum life points. "Armoured gloves" such as slayer gloves or gloves from Recipe for Disaster will hit you for 120 damage, lunar gloves will hit you for 150 damage and ice gloves will hit you for 190 damage.
Go back upstairs and into the small, southern-most room. Use the cheese with the mouse hole on the eastern wall and a mouse appears. Next, use the magnet on the mouse, who then passes through a mechanism, unlocking the garden door. Be careful to NOT eat the cheese!
Once you pass the unlocked door, you'll see the witch patrolling up and down the garden.
- You cannot walk across the witch's path, so you must go around the garden to reach the fountain at the end.
- The trick is to use the hedges so she cannot detect you. Simply hide behind a hedge, and only move when the witch's back is turned to you.
- If you time it well, you can use the Surge ability to transport to the other side of the garden.
- Note that if you stand at the corner of a hedge, the witch may see you, hence it is advised to position yourself at the center.
- If the witch catches you, she will teleport you outside the house, and you'll have to unlock the door again by using another piece of cheese to attract the mouse out.
Make your way all the way around until you reach the fountain. Search around the sides of the fountain and you will find the key to the shed. If you get spotted by the witch with the key from the fountain, you WILL need to collect another one to open the shed.
A Role ModelEdit
Make your way to the shed and use the key on it. Do not take the ball yet. If you do, your combat stats will be decreased. Attack the Witch's experiment.
Each time you kill the experiment, it changes to a stronger form. You will have to kill the experiment a total of four times before it is eventually defeated, the first stage being a Skavid (level 24), then a Spider (level 34), then a Bear (level 54) and finally a Wolf (level 70).
Once you have killed the experiment in all of its forms, take the ball and head out. As before, do not let the witch see you or she will teleport you outside and you will lose the ball.
- You can, however, teleport yourself out once you have got the ball, without losing it.
- If you are caught, you do not need to obtain a magnet or the key from the fountain again - both doors remain unlocked.
Finally, after escaping the house with the ball, give it back to the boy to complete the quest.
- 4 Quest points
- 6,325 Experience
- 2 Treasure hunter keys for use in Treasure Hunter.
- 2 Hearts of Ice for use in Treasure Hunter.
Required for completingEdit
Completion of Witch's House is required for the following:
- This was one of the initial quests to be released for RuneScape members.