|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||10,281 coins (info)|
|A jug full of Wine of Zamorak.|
The Wine of Zamorak is a type of wine brewed with Grapes of Zamorak, which can be grown using the farming skill, and can also be found in the Captured Temple, just south of the Goblin Village. It takes approximately 30 seconds to respawn on an empty world; the respawn rate depends on the amount of players in the current world.
There are two ways to take the Wine of Zamorak in the Captured Temple:
- Using your hands while all of the monks are dead (the Flames of Zamorak spell will always burn you, dishing out at least 300 damage, regardless if the monks see you attempt the theft). Combat stats of Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged and Magic will also see a drop of a point or two each.
- Using Telekinetic Grab (level 33+ Magic). 1 air rune and 1 law rune are needed to cast this spell.
Of the two methods, using hands is noticeably faster than the telegrab method and therefore a player who is sufficiently prepared to counter the effects of burning and quickly kill the monks will always take the jug faster than a telegrabber.
Players can only take the wine with their bare hands if all the Monks of Zamorak are dead or out of the temple (the door to the temple cannot be closed in order to keep the monks out of the temple) and facing away from the inner temple so they cannot see the theft occur.
A good way to get to and from the temple is to get a big load of Moving-over-distance spheres from Oldak (the quest Another Slice of H.A.M. is required) then when your inventory is full, teleport to Camelot, since it requires 5 air runes (which should be provided from your air staff) and one law rune, which you should have in your inventory, then go to the Seers' Village bank and repeat. Ring of duelling is an alternative for banking without any requirements. TokKul-Zo is even better as it has unlimited free teleports, but requires The Elder Kiln.
If a player casts Telekinetic Grab but another player is faster, then the slower player will not only lose the wine but also the runes it took to cast the spell, although they still gain the normal amount of Magic experience given. Bringing an air staff instead of air runes makes gathering Wine of Zamorak more cost-effective, but law runes are required. Lower level players may want to bring an emergency teleport in case of low life points.
Using bare hands while grabbing the wine will result in a 7.5% reduction in all combat-related stats; using Telekinetic Grab will not result in this reduction. The Protect from Magic prayer is useless in shielding from the reduction. For every 13 current points of a stat, 1 point is drained, though over level 40 only 3 points will be drained. The Monks of Zamorak nearby will also attack the player and reduce some of the player's combat stats occasionally. Reduced stats return at approximately one per minute. If no monk is present, the wine can be taken but your stats will still be drained.
If you do not plan on using Telekinetic Grab, one easy way is to have at least medium level combat stats and 43 Prayer. Since there is an altar right next to you, simply turn on the prayers Protect from Magic, Rapid Heal, Rapid Restore and Steel Skin. Since you will be praying against the magical attacks of the monks, which can hit up to 80, they still may hit up to 30 life points with melee, but with a high Defence level, this is lowered.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Avaryss, the Unceasing||1000||18–22||Uncommon|
|Exiled Kalphite Queen||356||30–50||Uncommon|
|Greater demon (elite)||92||1||Rare|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||98; 650||30–44||Uncommon|
|Vyrewatch||49; 70; 72; 75; 78; 86; 91; 97||1||Uncommon|
|Zamorak mage (monster)||68||1||Very rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- Before gravestones and the warning message, the Wine of Zamorak was a popular item used by advanced players to kill new players in the Captured Temple. They would usually tell the new player to grab the wine which spawned every 3 seconds, then they would trap the player by closing the door, eventually letting the monks kill them. When the player was dead, the advanced player would take the items of the dead player. However, this is obsolete since the door of this temple cannot be closed any more.
- Previously, if players put a Wine of Zamorak back in the place they took it from and try to pick it up, they would be hurt as if it had just respawned. This only worked on the exact spot where the wine respawns, the other side of the table did not cause you to be hurt, due to the game engine not being able to distinguish a respawned Wine of Zamorak from one placed there by a player. After an update on 9 July 2013, it is actually impossible to put any item over any table.
- In the Brazilian RuneScape, Zamorak Wine is called "Suco de uva de Zamorak", translated as Grape juice of Zamorak, since Brazilian laws do not allow names of alcoholic beverages (wine, beer, ...)
- Previously, when stealing wine, a message would appear saying "STOP STEALING MY WINE! GAH!"
- Logically, an empty Jug would be left over when used with a Dwarf Weed potion. However, no empty jug is obtained from making Super Range potions.
God wines and potions