|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||2,585 coins (info)|
|Examine||An evil wine that is often found in chaos temples.|
There are two ways to take the Wine of Zamorak in the chaos temple:
- Using your hands while all of the monks are dead (the Flames of Zamorak spell will always burn you, dishing out at least 30 to 45 damage, regardless if the monks see you attempt the theft). Combat stats of attack, strength, defence, ranged and magic will also see a drop of a point or two each.
- Using Telekinetic Grab (level 33+ Magic) with no penalty. 1 air rune and 1 law rune are needed to cast this spell.
Players can only take the wine with their bare hands if all the Monks of Zamorak are dead or out of the temple, the door to the temple cannot be closed in order to keep the monks out of the temple, and facing away from the inner temple so they cannot see the theft occur.
A good way to get to and from the temple is to get a big load of Moving-over-distance spheres from Oldak (the quest Another Slice of H.A.M. is required) then when your inventory is full, teleport to Camelot, since it requires 5 air runes (which should be provided from your air staff) and one law rune, which you should have in your inventory, then go to the Seers' Village bank and repeat.
If a player casts Telekinetic Grab but another player is faster, then the slower player will not only lose the wine but also the runes it took to cast the spell, although they still gain the normal amount of Magic experience given. Bringing an air staff instead of a large stack of air runes makes gathering Wine of Zamorak more cost-effective, but a large stack of law runes is required. Lower-levelled players may want to bring an emergency teleport in case of low lifepoints.
Using bare hands while grabbing the wine will result in a 7.5% reduction in all combat-related stats; using Telekinetic Grab will not result in this reduction. The Protect from Magic prayer is useless in shielding from the reduction. For every 13 current points of a stat, 1 point is drained, though over level 40 only 3 points will be drained. The Monks of Zamorak nearby will also attack the player and reduce some of the player's combat stats occasionally. Reduced stats return at approximately one per minute. If no monk is present, the wine can be taken but your stats will still be drained.
If you do not plan on using Telekinetic Grab, one easy way is to have at least medium level combat stats and 43 Prayer. Since there is an altar right next to you, simply turn on the prayers Protect from Magic, Rapid Heal, Rapid Restore and Steel Skin. Since you will be praying against the magical attacks of the monks, which can hit up to 80, they still may hit up to 30 life points with melee, but with a high Defence level, this is lowered.
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Kalphite Queen 200 20 (noted) Common Balfrug Kreeyath 146 3 Uncommon Tstanon Karlak 146 7 Uncommon Zakl'n Gritch 146 5–10 Uncommon Werewolf 90, 128 1 Rare Yuri 40 1 Rare Zamorak mage (monster) 98 1 Very rare
During Runescape Classic, the price of wine varied a lot from 1000 to 3000 coins. After, but not in response to, the big graphical update, the price fell to about 600 coins. Then it steadily increased to about 1800 to 2000 coins by the end of 2010 before falling to below 1400 by the mid-February 2011. Additionally, during, or sometimes before Bonus Experience Weekend, the price of wine reaches above 3000 coins.
- Before gravestones and the warning message, the Wine of Zamorak was a popular item used by advanced players to kill new players in the Captured Temple. They would usually tell the new player to grab the wine, then they would trap the player by closing the door, eventually letting the monks kill them. When the player was dead, the advanced player would take the items of the dead player. However, this is obsolete since the door of this temple cannot be closed.
- If players put a Wine of Zamorak back in the place he/she took it from and try to pick it up, they will be hurt as if it had just respawned. This only works on the exact spot where the wine respawns, the side of the table next to the wine does not cause you to be hurt, due to the game engine not being able to distinguish a respawned Wine of Zamorak from one placed there by a player.
- In the Brazilian RuneScape, Zamorak Wine is called "Suco de uva de Zamorak", translated as Grape juice of Zamorak, since Brazilian Laws do not allow names of alcoholic beverages (wine, beer, ...)
- For players who have level 33 Magic, using Telekinetic Grab to take the wine and selling it on the Grand Exchange is a way to make money (usually around 2,406 per item, assuming a Staff of air is used).
- Previously, when stealing wine, a message would appear saying: "STOP STEALING MY WINE! GAH!"