Wind Rush, a free-to-play magic spell introduced on 12 October 2010, is the weakest wind spell in the standard spellbook and the game. This spell deals a maximum damage of 10 without boosts. This spell does not require any catalytic runes. An elemental staff can be used to cut the costs of this spell. Like all combat spells, each damage point caused by this spell yields 0.2 magic experience points and 0.133 constitution experience points.
This is one of the few attack methods that can damage Salarin the Twisted. When used against him, the spell will either "miss" or damage 90 lifepoints.
Wind rush is very popular for new players, and it is seen used mainly around areas that contain new players, such as Lumbridge. New players are attracted to wind rush because it only requires level 1 magic to cast, and there are no runes needed if a staff of air is equipped. However, for players with a magic level 5 or above, a warning message will appear, advising them not to use this spell due to its low maximum damage.
Wind rush also has its uses for experienced players. It is often used in crowded, non-multicombat areas such as Green dragon spawns in order to quickly engage in combat with the monster. The player can continue fighting the monster using melee without the risk of another player getting the chance to strike first. This works well because it has a low cost to cast and takes up only 1 inventory slot. When the inventory is filling up, any excess runes can be dropped at minimal cost to make room for more expensive monster drops.
- This is one of two spells that does not require runes to cast provided a staff of air is equipped. The other is the Home Teleport spell.
- This spell currently does not heal the Air wizard.
- The spell can be cast at an Elemental balance in a Player-owned house, however players will get the message "Only elemental spells will affect the balance", despite it being a wind spell.
- Even though it's a rush spell, it is not part of the Ancient Magicks spellboook.
- It is currently the only combat spell that requires elemental runes but not catalytic runes.
- Using wind rush to train magic is not recommended because it only grants between 3240 and 5640 experience per hour.
- This is the only combat spell that does not have a cursor.
- Switching the spell to autocast for the first time brings up what appears to be a task complete window saying, "Prepare to Cast". This is one of the tasks specific to the quest The Blood Pact, and will not appear in your task list unless you are in the Lumbridge Catacombs, doing the quest.
- This spell was created to allow low level players to train magic for a low cost.
- When cast, the spell looks like a smaller version of wind strike.
- There are no rush spells for the water, earth, or fire elements. However, there are rush spells for the Ancient Spellbook.
- When Wind Rush is cast from a distance, it looks as though the player throws a small white and grey ring at the target.
- The Wind Rush's damage can be raised up to 99 with the combination of Knock Out.
- You can not cast Wind Rush against players.
- ^ Mod Mark. "Make-X Improvements and Low-level Combat Changes". 12-Oct-2010. RuneScape News. *