|Release date||27 September 2006 (Update)|
|Location||North of Falador|
|Sells items?||Woodcutting cape|
|Examine|| A chip off the old block.|
Wilfred is a non-player character who is found among the trees north of Falador in a members world. He sells the Woodcutting cape along with the hood (for 99,000 coins) for members who have achieved level 99 in Woodcutting.
- He provided information to players about basic and advanced Woodcutting and Firemaking, depending on the player's skill levels. A level up message would tell the player when new information from him was available.
- He provided a free bronze hatchet to any player who did not own a hatchet, and a tinderbox to any player who did not have one. Players can now obtain these items for free from shops in Lumbridge instead.
- Wilfred also used to provide Jobs for players. These were not too popular among higher levels, but many level 3 skillers would use this for the experience lamp rewards given after 15 completed jobs. This lamp gave the player experience in the amount of 25 times the player's level in the chosen skill.
- Wilfred was moved slightly to the south following an update to Doric's home.
- After the Random event update, Jagex forgot to remove the dialogue in which he tells the player to beware of the Tree spirit. The tree spirits had been removed on the same day Wilfred was moved to Falador.
- The term "A chip off the old block" refers to some one being identical to their parent/guardian, yet there is no proof of Wilfred being like his parents/guardians.