The RuneScape Wiki is a wiki based entirely on the MMORPG game RuneScape and its many features. There are currently 33,955 articles and 79,527 files on the RuneScape Wiki, with 16,936,795 edits made to 452,891 pages in total. The wiki has 224 active users and 38 administrators.
Started on 8 April 2005 by Merovingian, the RuneScape Wiki's goal is to remain a vast, knowledgeable source for all things in RuneScape. As the site is a wiki, anybody can edit it, and all are encouraged to do so.
The RuneScape Wiki aims to be a competitor to all major RuneScape fansites. Guides to new quests or holiday events, for example, can be made in under an hour, far ahead of other fansites. With more contributors, this goal can be easily achieved.
- 18 December – The wiki's 30,000th article is created
- 8 April – The wiki celebrates its 10th anniversary (and is recognised by Jagex and Wikia)
- 7 January – The wiki is added to the list of Official Jagex Approved Fansites (and receives the gold stamp above)
- Nothing interesting happens.
- 3 April – The RuneScape Wiki's clan citadel reaches tier 7
- 8 October – The wiki holds the 2011 Autumn Wikifest
- 12 July – The wiki's 18,000th article, Mutated jadinko male, is created
- 5 June – The wiki holds the 2010 Summer Wikifest
- 22 May – The wiki's 15,000th article, Dragon ore, is created
- 20 April – The wiki receives silver status on Jagex's former list of recognised fansites
- 31 March – The wiki reaches 100 million total pageviews
- 20 March – The wiki holds the 2010 Spring Wikifest
- 14 November – The wiki holds the 2009 Autumn Wikifest
- 1 August – The wiki holds the 2009 Summer Wikifest
- 18 April – The wiki holds the 2009 Spring Wikifest
- 21 March – The wiki's 11,000th article, Young 'un, is created
- 17 January – The wiki holds the 2008 Winter Wikifest (even though it's 2009)
- 7 June – The wiki holds the 2008 Summer Wikifest
- 28 March – The wiki's 10,000th article, To-do list, is created
- 3 February – The wiki's 9,000th article, Fish stall, is created
- 14 December – The wiki's 7,000th article is created
- 22 September – The wiki holds the 2007 Autumn Wikifest
- 18 July – The wiki's 5,000th article, G.L.O. Caranock, is created
- 24 June – The wiki holds its first Wikifest
- 6 May – The wiki's 4,000th article, Gilded throne, is created
- November – The wiki's 2,000th article is created
- August – The wiki's 1,000th article is created
- 8 April – The RuneScape Wiki is founded
How you can help
If you see anything that needs changing - change it! If you notice improper grammar, spelling errors, punctuation mistakes, inaccuracies, incompleteness or anything else that needs doing, hit the edit button at the top of the page and correct it yourself. If you speak another language other than English, you're more than welcome to help here, but helping out our sister projects (below) would be as good or even better - they need content more than we do right now.
Contribute to the various active discussions we have. The more opinions from the community we get, the better.
You can also help by doing some onerous cleaning duties - checking recent changes for vandalism, creating wanted pages, ensuring that no pages are orphans, making sure that all pages have categories, and generally reorganising information as required.
It is a good idea for users to register an account. This way, your IP address is hidden from public view, and all your edits can be attributed to one account.