|Release date||17 October 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You will not lose any progress you made with your wicked hood, and you can get another one by speaking to Tam McGrubor in Burthorpe.|
|Store price|| 175 Runespan Points|
|Examine||A menacing, magical hood which conjures runes and essence.|
The wicked hood is a members-only item released on 17 October 2011 alongside the 2011 Hallowe'en event update. It can be obtained from Tam McGrubor in Burthorpe free, or from Wizard Finix in the Wizards' Tower, for 175 Runespan points.
Although the Hood officially requires Talismans to be 'fed' to it, tiaras work as well. The latter may be a cheaper alternative. However, whichever you choose, the talisman/tiara will be lost when 'fed.' It takes only 1 talisman per type of rune.
If a player is already in possession of an Omni-talisman or tiara, it is suggested to 'feed' that one to the hood. This will make 'feeding' all other talismans/tiaras obsolete, as the Omni encompasses all (with exception of the Elemental talisman). To obtain another Omni-talisman, talk to Wizard Elriss.
A player wearing a wicked hood
|[view] • [talk]|
Giving small bonuses to magic attack and magic defence, the hood has a range of Runecrafting functions:
|Function||Description||Special feature (unlocked if talisman is consumed)|
|Essence||100 un-noted Rune essence||100 un-noted Pure essence daily (Omni-talisman/tiara)|
|Rune||100 free runes from the inner circle of the Wicked hood 's interface or 5 runes from the outer circle of the Wicked hood's interface. Inner circle runes include all Elemental runes, Mind runes, and Body runes. Outer circle runes include everything else.||Twice per day (Elemental talisman)|
|Teleport||2 daily teleports to any (unlocked) Runecrafting altar.|
|Teleport (right-click)||Unlimited teleports to Wizards' Tower, 1st floor, at portal to Runecrafting Guild or Runespan|
It is also possible to upgrade your Wicked Hood by purchasing certain items from Wizard Finix' runespan shop: (note: the upgrade is only applied for the first time each item is bought and the items do not need to be worn; the hood keeps the bonuses always)
|Wicked item||Cost||Extra daily gains:|
|Wicked cape||2,500||+25 essence withdraw, +1 rune withdraw|
|Wicked robe top||15,000||+25 essence withdraw, +1 rune withdraw|
|Wicked legs||7,500||+25 essence withdraw, +1 rune withdraw|
Special set effect: +1 daily teleport
With the introduction of the new update to Runespan, the Wicked Hood gained an ability to teleport right next to the portal outside the Runecrafting Guild. Right-clicking on the Wicked Hood will reveal "Teleport" and if you are within Gielinor, you will automatically teleport to the Runespan portal. However, if you are within the Runespan and right-click the teleport option, you will be asked to confirm if you want to leave the Runespan and convert the runes and essence in your inventory into Runespan points (this is to avoid accidentally teleporting out of the runespan).
If a player is Runecrafting with the hood, it is advisable to withdraw the essence at the altar. This allows the player to craft runes from 100 essence without banking once a day.
The wicked hood will not let you teleport to the Law Altar if you have banned equipment (armour and weapons not allowed on Entrana). If you attempt to teleport to the Law Altar with any banned equipment, the message, "The power of Saradomin prevents you taking armour or weaponry to Entrana" will appear in the chatbox; you will remain where you are, and you will not waste one of your two daily teleport charges by attempting to teleport to Entrana with banned equipment. Attempting to use the hood During Devious Minds while the pouch containing the orb is in your inventory will yield the same result. The wicked hood itself, despite having +3 magic attack bonus and +3 magic defence bonus, is allowed into Entrana.
Having multiple wicked hoods will not allow a player to get more rune essence or teleports each day. Additionally, when one wicked hood is fed talismans or tiaras, all other wicked hoods a player owns will also be upgraded.
The hood can allow you to get 2331 Runecrafting experience a day (roughly 2368 with Master runecrafter robes minus the hat) if you teleport to the Blood altar twice with four full rune pouches, a full inventory of pure essence and an abyssal familiar with essence. Without an abyssal familiar and pouches you will get 1638 Runecrafting experience (roughly 1672 Runecrafting experience with Master runecrafter robes). After acquiring the wicked cape, wicked robe top and wicked bottom from the runespan your abilities are enhanced to gather more essence and have more teleports daily. Once you have bought and worn the wicked set parts, their individual upgrades will function on the hood, even if they are still in your bank. However, if you do not collect/keep after death, the effects will be removed from the hood.
How to upgrade
Once a talisman is "consumed" by the hood, the hood may teleport to that altar, create that type of rune, and enter that altar. Players can upgrade with other talismans or their corresponding tiaras to expand its repertoire of rune types.
Using an omni-talisman or omni-tiara unlocks all the available rune types as well as upgrading the Essence option to getting Pure essences instead of Rune essences. Also, obtaining the omni-talisman from Wizard Elriss requires only having all 12 talismans and/or tiaras in the backpack inventory which are kept by the player; no talismans or tiaras are lost (and you may subsequently speak to Wizard Elriss to obtain another omni-talisman, as if you had lost it). This excludes soul runes (as a Soul altar does not exist yet) and the elemental talisman (as this talisman has different properties to begin with).
Using an Elemental talisman on the hood allows using the Rune option two times a day.
The hood can be even more beneficial in the Great Orb Project (requires level 50 Runecrafting) at the Runecrafting Guild. A more practical choice would be the Ourania Runecrafting Altar (one can easily get over 2k experience a day using this method and only going to the Ourania altar, more than at any other altar - though not as profitable). These two places give double experience per Pure essence crafted. It may also be useful to take this hood with you while making Combination runes and are using a Necklace of Binding, even better in conjuncture with the Lunar spell Magic Imbue (level 81 Magic).
The interface, accessed by clicking the hood, shows you the remaining actions you have for the day.
- Essence can be retrieved by clicking the 'Essence' button.
- To make a rune, click the 'Runes' button followed by the rune you would like to make.
- You can teleport to a rune altar by clicking 'Teleport' followed by the appropriate rune (you will be warned if attempting to teleport to an altar which you do not have the Runecrafting level to use).
Should you lose your hood, you can reclaim it from Tam McGrubor at any time, retaining any talismans you have added to the hood, but you may only have one hood at a time. The hood does not drop on death.
The wicked hood can be recoloured through runecrafting in the Runespan.
To have the colour of the FULL robe set to be the colour that you've picked from Wizard Finix, you must put your hood on first, failing to do so will result in only the hood being coloured and the rest of the robes being the default colour. As of 25 May, there is a glitch where parts of the robes are becoming "de-coloured" for many players. Jagex is currently working on a fix to this problem. The fact that the colours avalible for the set are not labled, it makes it hard for those who are colourblind to choose the right colour they want.
- Although the Runescape manual (already) shows the Soul Icon, it is not possible to obtain Soul runes from the hood or teleport to the Soul altar, since there isn't a Soul talisman or open altar yet.
- The interface in the Game Guide shows the Soul Icon as being unlocked. This could mean that the altar will be revealed in an upcoming update, though this is still only speculation.
- The Runescape manual states that you may withdraw 25 un-noted rune or pure essence 4 times per day, but the hood actually fills all empty inventory spaces with un-noted essence when activated up to a maximum of 100 essence per day, allowing for greater versatility.
- Before an update, Tam appeared in Varrock square.
- Each Talisman added to the Wicked hood grants 80 Runecrafting experience, the Omni Talisman and Elemental Talisman grant more due to unlocking more than one talisman respectively.
- Upon clicking on the Soul Icon, your Wicked hood will say "...UNDISCOVERED..."
- When you try to add a talisman of a type you have already unlocked, your Wicked Hood will say "...REDUNDANT..."
- Upon eating a talisman or tiara, the hood proclaims "...DELICIOUS..."
- If you try to add anything that is not a talisman or tiara that has been charged with a talisman, your Wicked Hood will say "...IRRELEVANT..."
- Levelling up Runecrafting after adding a talisman to the hood gives a glitch where the game states that the player has advanced 0 levels, a known glitch.
- The hood you get from Wizard Finix is a slightly darker colour than the one from Tam.
- The Wicked Hood does not currently stack when more than one is banked.
- There is currently a glitch where if the player equips a different piece of head gear while wearing the wicked hood, its colour will be reset to the default red upon re-equipping it. Logging out does not fix this - the only way to get the colour back is to spend 2000 points in the Runespan. This also applies to the other wicked equipment, and has not been addressed yet.
- Calculators/Wicked hood withdrawing - Calculates the value of runes retrieved from the wicked hood.
Air essling • Mind essling • Water essling • Earth essling • Fire essling • Body esshound • Cosmic esshound • Chaos esshound • Astral esshound • Nature esshound • Law esshound • Death esswraith • Blood esswraith • Soul esswraith
Floating essence • Cyclone • Mind storm • Water pool • Rock fragment • Fireball • Vine • Fleshy growth • Fire storm • Chaotic cloud • Nebula • Shifter • Jumper • Skulls • Blood pool • Bloody skulls • Living soul • Undead soul
Ram skull helm (e) • Witchdoctor mask • Icicle crown • Sunbeam crown •Wicked hood • Completionist hood • Mask of Broken Fingers • Helm of the Dead Hand • Mask of Stone • Helm of Petrification • Mask of Reflection • Helm of Little Kings • Mask of the Kura • Helm of the Kuraski • Mask of the Abyss • Helm of Warping
Desert amulet 2 3 4 • Games necklace • Digsite pendant • Skills necklace • Amulet of glory (t) Camulet • Cramulet • Amulet of nature • Drakan's medallion • Dominion medallion Super • Seal of passage • Remora's necklace