The white knights are arguably the most important political group in Asgarnia, as their leader, Sir Amik Varze, is the effective ruler of the kingdom, save Burthorpe. They have a long rivalry with the Black Knights, and more recently with the Burthorpe Imperial Guard. In general, they are said to stand against evil, being followers of Saradomin. However, players are occasionally cautioned by knowledgeable NPCs like Bob the Jagex Cat and Juna that the white knights may not be as pure as they seem. Also, the Burthorpe Imperial Guard believes the white knights have illegally taken control of the Kingdom of Asgarnia when King Vallance disappeared.
Players as White KnightsEdit
After completing the Recruitment Drive quest, players become members of the Temple Knights, an ancient order with strong ties to the White Knights. Completion of the Wanted! quest gives the player access to White Knight equipment after obtaining a sufficient rank in the order. Players' ranks within the order are different from the ranks suggested by the various plume colours. This is because the ranks suggested by the plume colours are earned by completing quests given out by the Temple Knights, such as Slug Menace, and do not increase your reputation with the White Knights. Players gain in rank by killing Black Knights; however, killing White Knights lowers rank.
|Number of black knights killed||Player rank in white knights|
|less than 100||no rank|
|100 - 199||White Knight Novice|
|200 - 299||White Knight Peon|
|300 - 499||White Knight Page|
|500 - 799||White Knight Noble|
|800 - 1299||White Knight Adept|
|1,300+||White Knight Master|
Upon entering the order, the player is automatically a White Knight Novice and is credited with 100 black knight kills. Thereafter, killing a regular Black Knight counts as one kill while killing an Elite Black Knight counts as 10 kills. Killing a white knight reduces the player's kill count by one and can result in the player being demoted in rank. Players can check their rank by clicking Wanted! in the Quest Journal control panel; the player's current rank is shown with the wording "I am currently a (Rank) white knight."
When the player is promoted to a new rank, the game window displays the promotion: "Congratulations you are now a White Knight (Rank)." There is no announcement, however, for being demoted or being promoted again to a rank the player once held.
Knight rankings can be used to obtain White Knight equipment from Sir Vyvin at the White Knights' Castle in Falador. Each piece of equipment requires a specific knight ranking to buy, but not to wear. Pieces of white knight equipment can be sold back to Sir Vyvin at the same price as they were bought at. When compared to the armour of White Knight NPCs, this equipment has less shine, and the NPC's armour appears to have a black trim on it.
Note: If you kill enough White Knights and have been demoted to "no rank," Sir Vyvin will refuse to sell anything to you.
- Sir Amik Varze
- Sir Vant
- Sir Vyvin
- Sir Renitee
- Sir Pallas†
- Sir Erical†
- Sir Finistere (traitor to the White Knights)
There are a number of named White Knights outside the Grotworm lair, as well as the bodies of several dead ones inside
- Sir Rebrum - the only named live one.
- Sir Rinch†
- Sir Loynst Ayke†
- Sir Rial†
- Sir Vey†
- Sir Pent†
- Sir Remony†
- Sir Rillic†
- Sir Rownd†
- Sir Render†
- Sir Rogate†
- Sir Ruppe†
- Most of the White Knights and Temple Knights have names that are a play on words using the honourific Sir. For instance, there is "Sir Vyvin" (surviving), "Sir Renitee" (serenity), "Sir Amik Varze" (ceramic vase when spoken with an English accent), "Sir Tiffy Cashien" (certification), "Sir Vant" (servant) "Sir Gerry" (surgery) "Sir Spishyus" (suspicious) "Sir Tinley" (certainly).
- When talking to Bob the Jagex Cat, the following dialogue can be triggered: "Well, those white knights are far more complicated than you might imagine. Not the 'goodie goodies' they claim to be. Just watch your back."
- The White Knights seem to be outnumbered by the Kinshra, 3 to 1. The Kinshra also have their HQ located in Taverley Dungeon, where their leader Lord Daquarius resides.
- White Knights appear as a unit of Saradomin in the FunOrb game Armies of Gielinor.
- During the Battle of Lumbridge, Duke Horatio asked for reinforcements from the White Knights. They were stationed around the castle, and a conversation could be started "Greetings. Duke Horatio has called for aid, and Falador has answered" This is reference to the Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King, where the beacons of Minas Tirith are lit, sparking the conversation between Aragorn and Theoden "The beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid" "And Rohan will answer"