This article is about the monster only. For the organisation concerning the White Knights, see White Knights.
|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Combat level||36, 38, 39, 42|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||Shiny armour! or A White Knight (rank) or The knight seems to be watching something.|
White Knights are medium level humans found mainly in their castle. The helmet's plume colour indicates the knight's level.
|Plume colour||Rank||Combat level|
Partisan white knights can hit up to 70 points of damage; all the lower classes can hit up to 60. They are also an unusually high level for being in a low/medium level player area. They are known to use crushing attacks, so a chainbody will work well against them. White knights still wear the "old" version of white armour. It isn't mentioned that they will soon have the new version, although it is highly likely that they will be updated. The same goes for Black Knights. Players can wear white armour after the "Wanted!" quest. The NPC White Knights' platebodies seem to have a thin black trim around the shoulders.
Different levelled knights have slightly different drops. Players killing white knights in the white knight's castle after completing the Wanted! quest will lose favour among the White Knights' order.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 88
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water rune 20–47 Common 260–611 Body rune 9–24 Common 36–96 Mind rune 5, 7, 10, 12 Common 20–48 Chaos rune 2–5 Uncommon 82–205 Nature rune 4–7 Uncommon 444–777 Law rune 2–3 Rare 350–525 Blood rune (m) 2–3 Rare 328–492
Weapons and armour
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Iron longsword 1 Common 39 Steel sword 1 Common 88 Mithril arrow 5, 7, 9 Common 105–189 Adamant arrow 2–5, 7 Uncommon 102–357 Steel helm 1 Common 77
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 568 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 44 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 258 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 684 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,322 Grimy irit 1 Rare 1,750 Grimy avantoe 1 Rare 4,033 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 2,518 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 2,563 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 8,349 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 7,998
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Potato seed 4 Common 8 Tomato seed 3 Common 3 Cabbage seed 4 Common 12 Onion seed 4 Common 4 Sweetcorn seed 3 Uncommon 3 Watermelon seed 2 Uncommon 4,184 Strawberry seed 2 Rare 724
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 1–200 Common Not sold Pot of flour 1 Rare 106 Half an apple pie 1 Uncommon 189 Iron ore 1 Uncommon 182 Iron bar 1–2 Common 204–408
Rare drop table drops
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- There was a lone white knight scout standing outside of Burthorpe (interestingly, he wore the armour of a Partisan with a blue plume, yet he was the level of an Initiate ), the only area of Asgarnia controlled by the Imperial Guard rather than the White Knights. Players who spoke to him learned that he was watching something, indicating another rivalry between the two factions. The knight was removed on 31 January 2012 with the Troll Warzone update.
- White knights still wear the "old" armour (armour before 6 March 2012).
- In RuneScape Classic White Knights would wander all around Falador, not just around the White Knight's Castle, and they wore steel armour.
- There used to be a glitch in which on a non-member server a white knight would drop a White full helmet. This has since been fixed.
- White Knights are an ideal source of combat experience for medium-levelled players. After completing Recruitment Drive, Sir Tiffy Cashien can switch your spawn point to the White Knight castle. A player can kill the knights until they die, then walk a couple of squares to their Gravestone, and retrieve their items. There is also an altar in the White Knights' Castle, which can be used to permanently keep Protect from melee active.
- The White knights appear to be left-handed. They swing their 2Hs from the left side. This is consistent with a player's 2H swings.
- The knights have been rumoured to drop Santa hats at during Christmas events. However, this is not true.
- White Knights appear as a unit of Saradomin in the FunOrb game Armies of Gielinor.
- The platebodies worn by the NPC White Knights seem to have a thin black trim.
- Outside Falador Castle, the White Knights with red plumes are level 36, while the Knights with yellow plumes are level 38.
- The White Knights seem to be wearing either a white full helmet, a White full helmet with yellow trim, green trim and blue trim.