|Release||12 July 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||90,000 coins|
|Low alch||60,000 coins|
|Exchange||88,718 coins (info)|
|Use on an abyssal whip for added oomph!|
The whip vine is an item found by killing mutated jadinkos in the Jadinko Lair. When attached to an abyssal whip or painted abyssal whip, it creates the abyssal vine whip, which adds 48 damage and 208 accuracy to the stats of the weapon. It can also be consumed when used on a wyrm spike to create a lava whip, which initially has 20% charges. Further whip vines may be used on the lava whip to recharge it in increments of 20%.
The whip vine can be safely removed after being attached to an Abyssal whip.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Mutated jadinko male||100||1||Rare|
|Mutated jadinko guard||96||1||Very rare|
- On the day of release the price was 25,000,000 on the Grand Exchange, although some players were buying it for as high as 100,000,000. When players realized that the bonuses weren't as high as expected, the street price fell below 8,000,000 before the end of the day.
- After the release of the November 2012 Evolution of Combat update the Abyssal Vine Whip had its attack requirement reduced from 85 to 75.
- From release up to a hidden update, the whip vine could be shown on adventurer logs. This is no longer true.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, a whip with this added used to occasionally inflict poison starting at 48 damage.
|Slayer Equipment shop|