This article is about the farming item. For other uses, see Weed (disambiguation).
|Release date||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price|| 1 coin|
|Exchange price||Not sold|
|Examine||A handful of weeds.|
A fast way to obtain weeds is by raking the flax patch in Miscellania. However, you can only do this until the player's popularity reaches 100% (You can kill citizens to lower it again).
Weeds are generally used to make compost. Players can put up to 15 weeds at a time into a Compost Bin, close the lid, and leave the contents to rot. This will take around an hour, after which they can open the lid and retrieve their compost. Weeds are the fastest item to make compost with, because when you use a weed on the compost bin, it will put all 15 weeds at once. Note: this doesn't change the time it takes for it to turn into compost.
Weeds are also needed in the Ratcatchers quest.
No weeds optionEdit
Upon completion of the Fairytale III - Orks Rift quest, patches may no longer need to be weeded. Talk to any farmer or gardener to activate this effect.
- No weeds
- Can you keep my farming patches weeded please?
- That shouldn't be a problem, Martin said I should give you special attention for your help with the fairies! Be sure to clear your allotment though as I don't want to interrupt their growth!
- Restart weeds
- Can you stop weeding my farming patches please.
- Sure, I'll stop weeding them now.
- The price of weeds increased dramatically from 24 March 2010 up until 19 July 2010 when they were no longer able to be bought or sold on the Grand Exchange.
- If you start to rake weeds away from your farming patch with a full inventory, the weed itself will not appear in your inventory (due to no space) and will drop on the ground. You still get the XP though.
- The game update of 4 March 2013 made weeds stackable.
- If you have only 1 weed in a stack and your inventory is full, raking a farming patch would not increase the amount of weeds in your stack nor will it appear on the ground. You still get the XP though.