- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Release date||3 July 2007 (Update)|
|Combat level||115, 134|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Assigned by||Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Always drops||1 Water rune|
|Examine text||A fiendish embodiment of water.|
Waterfiends are the elemental cousins of the Pyrefiend and the Icefiend, and may be assigned as a slayer task by Duradel/Lapalok and Kuradal. They are found in the Ancient Caverns which can be accessed by completing Barbarian Training to the pyre ship stage. They may be the least harmful monster in the caverns, but they are no pushovers. Waterfiends attack with both magic and magical ranged attacks, both of which hit reasonably often, and can damage up to 119. The waterfiends ranged and magic attack has a very short attack range; only four squares. Waterfiends are also found in the Chaos Tunnels and within the Ghorrock Fortress during The Temple at Senntisten.
Waterfiends have extremely high defence against slashing and piercing attacks. They are weaker against crush attacks, but even then their defence is good. They are immune to poison.
- Karil's equipment, black dragonhide armour or Royal dragonhide armour. Armadyl is not recommended as it lowers your melee offensive stats. The best armour you could wear would be Ganodermic. Deflect/Protect from Range is recommended as this is their highest offensive attack. When fighting waterfiends, it is recommended to have high magical defence such as
If you are using a chaotic maul it is recommended you use full void melee gear as this will increase the maul's accuracy so you can hit high more frequently. If you can you also want to bring a Unicorn Stallion/Bunyip Familiar. The bunyip is very effective here with the Swallow Whole scrolls as the waterfiends drop lots of unnoted raw lobsters and raw sharks which can be used with the scroll to heal yourself.
Waterfiends can be found in:
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water rune 1 Always 11
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 8,622 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Ghorrock Fortress Waterfiends
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 3,144 kills.
2 charms are dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water rune 90 Common 990 Blood rune 4–12 Common 1,112–3,336 Death rune 9–19 Uncommon 1,503–3,173 Mist rune 3–10 Uncommon 1,428–4,760 Mud rune 3–9 Uncommon 513–1,539 Steam rune 3–12 Uncommon 51–204
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Avantoe seed 1 Uncommon 2,191 Belladonna seed 1 Uncommon 34 Cactus seed 1 Uncommon 39 Cadantine seed 1 Uncommon 1,113 Harralander seed 1 Uncommon 8 Irit seed 1 Uncommon 52 Jangerberry seed 1 Uncommon 3 Kwuarm seed 1 Uncommon 121 Lantadyme seed 1 Uncommon 24,157 Limpwurt seed 1 Uncommon 591 Marrentill seed 1 Uncommon 10 Bittercap mushroom spore 1 Uncommon 13 Poison ivy seed 1 Uncommon 51 Spirit weed seed 1 Uncommon 314 Strawberry seed 1 Uncommon 434 Tarromin seed 1 Uncommon 4 Toadflax seed 1 Uncommon 833 Whiteberry seed 1 Uncommon 32 Wildblood seed 1 Uncommon 76 Watermelon seed 1–9 Uncommon 1,953–17,577 Ranarr seed 1 Rare 871 Dwarf weed seed 1 Rare 38,786
Weapons and armour
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril arrow 90 Common 1,890 Adamant chainbody 1 Uncommon 2,608 Mithril full helm 1 Uncommon 629 Mith grapple 1 Uncommon 1,019 Mithril warhammer 1 Uncommon 976 Rune helm 1 Uncommon 11,155 Staff of water 1 Uncommon 786 Water battlestaff 1 Uncommon 8,654 Sapphire bolts 15 Uncommon 540 Blue d'hide vambraces 1 Rare 1,680 Adamant platebody 1 Rare 9,662
- Always dropped in pairs, with a chance of getting the same herb twice.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1–10 Common 332–3,320 Grimy marrentill 1 Common 56 Grimy tarromin 1 Common 157 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,187 Grimy irit 1 Uncommon 1,721 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 463 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 3,940 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,183 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 2,015 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 9,330 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 7,886
Gems, ores and bars
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril ore 1–5 (noted) Uncommon 311–1,555 Mithril bar 2 Uncommon 2,888 Uncut sapphire 1–4 (noted) Uncommon 1,107–4,428 Coal 1–6 (noted) Uncommon 255–1,530 Gold ore 3–8 (noted) Uncommon 1,194–3,184 Steel bar 3 (noted) Rare 2,361
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Raw lobster 5–12 Uncommon 645–1,548 Raw swordfish 5–7 Uncommon 1,450–2,030 Raw shark 3–6 Uncommon 3,078–6,156 Shark 1 Uncommon 825
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 97–692 Common Not sold Water orb 5–10 (noted) Common 3,490–6,980 Snape grass 20 (noted) Uncommon 6,220 Oyster 1 Uncommon 50 Seaweed 10–29 (noted) Uncommon 2,900–8,410 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 5,311 Vial of water 5–10 (noted) Uncommon 80–160 Fishbowl 1 Uncommon 335 Zamorak brew (1) 1 Uncommon 1,157 Cannonball 11–27 Rare 2,860–7,020 Saradomin brew (1) 1 Rare 245 Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Court summons 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
Rare drop table drops
- This monster drops items from the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances if equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250; 381; 450; 3,000; 9,000; 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,107 Uncut emerald 1 Common 1,903 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,112 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,034 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 11,742 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,052 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,885 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,585 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,976 Rune javelin 5 Rare 1,215 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,320 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,933 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,988 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,917 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 848,800 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,727 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,404 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,284 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,501 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,297,050 Rune arrow 150–200; 500 Rare 29,850–199 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,680,000 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,587,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,723,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 91,765 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 5,311 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 19,025–26,635 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 47,950–67,130 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 177 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 193 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 34,000–1,020,000 Nature rune 47–77 Rare 5,452–8,932 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,480 Law rune 45 Rare 8,550 Death rune 50; 121 Rare 167 Blood rune 50 Rare 13,900 Raw swordfish 125 – 250; 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 36,250–290 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 256,500–513,000 Big bones 150 – 500 (noted) Uncommon 67,350–224,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 38,250–1,912,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 214,650–1,144,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,100 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,056,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 2,824,000–19,768,000 Rune bar 1,50,150 (noted) Rare 13,069–1,960,350 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 75,900 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 88,175–881,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 106,230–424,920 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 94,140–941,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 64,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,859 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 60,155–3,007,750 Magic seed 1–6 Rare 164,810–988,860 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,043,290 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,127 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 50,268–1,558,308 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,000 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 53,600–10,720,000
- Waterfiends had an unannounced graphical update on 5 June 2008 - with this, some of their drops changed. Then, later that day, a system update after Smoking Kills was updated to remove the drop change, only to be changed once again to fix some bugs and change some of the drops that were mentioned on the forums.
- Due to it being a form of water, it is weak to Crush attacks instead of more commonly used melee weapons. This is because stabbing and slashing weapons are generally thin or pointy, and subsequently don't cause as much impact against water as something that is either heavier or has a broader surface area, such as a maul. Same basic principles as throwing a rock into a river to make a splash versus throwing a stick in.
- Waterfiends have a different examine text compared to their elemental cousins, the Pyrefiends and Icefiends.
- The waterfiend's magical attack uses particle effects.
- Most of the Waterfiend's drops are the colour of blue (Mithril bar, Mithril arrows, Rune helm).
- Because they are made of water, the poison immunity may be explained by that, that they can purify themselves from the poison by having running water flowing in their body.
- The fact that Waterfiends are made of water may contribute to their presence in a cave/cavern-like environment.
|God Wars Dungeon|
|Fiends & Demons|