|Release date||Varies (Update)|
A water source is any source of drinking water in RuneScape, excluding rivers. Players can collect water from specific sources, which are marked with an icon (), and must use a container to do so.
There are many different kinds of water source all over RuneScape, each bearing slight differences from others.
- Sinks are usually found in buildings, such as houses, castles, etc.
- Fountains are usually present in the open area of building complexes (e.g. cities).
- Waterpumps serve similar function to fountains. There is one water pump in Falador, another near the undead farm west of Port Phasmatys, and a third just before entering the graveyard of the Barrows just east of Mort'ton.
- Water barrels, which are usually found in farms.
- Wells are found in cities. There is a well in Lumbridge near the swamps.
- A Large Geyser can be found in Neitiznot and in the God Wars Dungeon.
- Some cacti in the Kharidian Desert are available to refill waterskins by using a knife.
- An Outdoor tap is located on the outside east wall of the Poison Arrow Pub in East Ardougne.
Water is used in many cooking recipes including pies, wine and bread. To get water simply click "use" on a container and then click on the source you wish to obtain water from.
All water containers of the type used with the water source will be quickly filled.
- Complete Dealing with Scabaras to gain the ability to make an enchanted water tiara. This can be made by using water runes on a water tiara and can be used as a substitute for waterskins.
- Complete Dream Mentor to unlock the Humidify spell which will fill all water containers in the inventory.
Water sources close to a bank (pay to play)Edit
|Location||Image||Distance (in squares walked)||Notes|
|Meilyr district of Prifddinas||4||One click banking. Must have completed Plague's End.|
|Menaphos Grand Exhange||6||One click banking. Must have completed The Jack of Spades.|
|Lumbridge Castle Cellar||11||One click banking. Must have started the Recipe for Disaster quest|
|Neitiznot||12||One click banking. Must have partially completed The Fremennik Isles.|
Water sources close to a bank (free to play)Edit
|Fountain • Large Geyser • Sink • Water barrel • Waterpump • Well|