|Release date||3 September 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Sumona, Kuradal|
|Always drops||Big bones|
|Examine text|| Invulnerable: "You don't think you can harm this creature."|
After cleansing: "This tortoise looks a little more vulnerable now."
The Warped tortoise is found in the Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon during the The Path of Glouphrie quest and can be fought there during and after the quest. Players cannot receive assignments for warped tortoises unless they have completed the quest.
They are commonly killed for the frequent drop rate of Tortoise shells, used for creating a War Tortoise pouch. They are also killed for their frequent drop of rune warhammers and pickaxes.
How to kill
Warped tortoises are immune to anything unless a Crystal chime is used. When a crystal chime is used on it, it will become "vulnerable" for 45 seconds, which is enough time to kill it quickly. They can hit hard for their level (nowhere near a player however). They have moderate defense aganist stabbing and crushing attacks. With higher attacking levels, however a slash weapon may be used.
There are a few areas where they may be killed without any interference from the terrorbirds which will attack you. One is at the entrance, where there are two quick tortoise spawns. This area is best used for those using melee, as there is a lack of safespots in the area for rangers.
There is another group of tortoises deep in the dungeon that has no Warped terrorbirds inside. This is useful, however players will find it unappealing to run through the length of the entire dungeon, blocking attacks inflicted by the huge numbers of Warped Terrorbirds along the way. This tortoises in this area, however, are more easier to deal with by Ranged, as they are limited to a small amount of ground unlike the ones encountered earlier. Due to the small abundance and the number of slayers and money-makers avaliable, players will often compete and attempt to force the other one to hop into another world.
- Competition: Heavily fierce. Bots may infest several of the worlds, reducing the player's input per kill unless a Chaotic weapon is used. If a higher level player appears, it would be best to hop as they will most likely take every kill.
- Multi-hitting: A Dwarf multicannon can be used in the dungeon. However, this will attack immediately on target, and the chimes must be used manually on them. This however, while expensive to do, maintains your hold on the tortoises the player is currently attacking. This will also affect Ancient Magicks Burst and Barrage spells.
- Healing: Warped tortoises can drop various amounts of items. They drop Tangled toad legs, which heal for a small amount, and can come in groups of one to three. This makes players who come to kill them bring little or no food, however the drop rate for this food is not common, so players are advised to bring some food.
- Drops: Pick up stackables such as Swamp tar, noted Cabbage, Mithril ore, Law runes, and Coal. They also drop decent alching equipment, such as Mithril platebodies, warhammers, and Rune warhammers and pickaxes. Pick up any unique drops, such as Tortoise shells, Perfect shells, Long bones and Curved bones.
- Prayer Flashing: Prayer flashing may be used to negate all damage, and maximize profit created. However, this may take some practice to do, and doing this will force the player to attack one at a time to minimize damage.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Big bones 1 Always 439
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 44,119 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Armour and Weapons
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamant hatchet 1 Uncommon 612 Mithril platebody 1 Uncommon 2,891 Mithril warhammer 1 Uncommon 1,037 Rune pickaxe 1 Uncommon 18,804 Rune warhammer 1 Uncommon 24,637
Ore and Gems
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamantite ore 1 Common 1,581 Mithril ore 3–9 (noted) Common 981–2,943 Coal 6–16 (noted) Uncommon 1,668–4,448
Runes and Talismans
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 3–6 Common 525–1,050 Law talisman 1 Uncommon 215 Air rune 49 Rare 686
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Humerus bone 1 Common Not sold Perfect shell 1–3 Uncommon Not sold Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Curved bone 1 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Sulphur 1 Common Not sold Coins 30–180 Common Not sold Cabbage 2–54 (noted) Uncommon 138–3,726 Swamp tar 10–32 Uncommon 2,810–8,992 Tortoise shell 1–3 Uncommon 14,116–42,348 Tangled toads' legs 1–4 Uncommon 482–1,928 Weapon poison 1 Rare 87 Court summons 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
Rare drop table drops
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- At one time it was possible to heal using Guthan's set even when the tortoises were not made vulnerable by the crystal chimes. This was because at one point Guthan's set counted potential damage inflicted on foes even when actual damage was not possible due to prayer or other invulnerability. An update on 9 June 2009 fixed this bug.
- When examining a warped tortoise, the message says, "You don't think you can harm this creature." However, if you examine a Warped Terrorbird, the message says, "You don't think you can harm this terrorbird," referring specifically to the terrorbird.
- These tortoises have six legs, possibly as a result of the poisonous environment affecting them. Their shells are also open, showing several tentacles.
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon||
Warped terrorbird • Warped tortoise
|Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon|
|God Wars Dungeon|
Gelatinous Abomination • Desert Lizard • Mogre • Harpie Bug Swarm • Killerwatt • Molanisk • Terror dog • Brine rat • Fever spider • Mutated zygomite • Cave horror • 'Rum'-pumped crab • Dust devil • Skeletal Wyvern • Jungle strykewyrm • Desert strykewyrm • Dark beast • Ice strykewyrm