|Release date||3 September 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||288 (and 95 experience)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Sumona, Kuradal|
|Always drops||Big bones|
|Examine text|| Invulnerable: "You don't think you can harm this creature."|
After cleansing: "This tortoise looks a little more vulnerable now."
A warped tortoise can be found in the Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon during the The Path of Glouphrie quest and can be fought there during and after the quest. Players cannot receive assignments for warped tortoises unless they have completed the quest.
They are commonly killed for the frequent drop rate of Tortoise shells, used for creating a war tortoise pouch. They are also killed for their frequent drop of rune warhammers and pickaxes.
How to kill Edit
Warped tortoises are completely immune to incoming attacks unless the player has a crystal chime in their inventory. They mainly attack with magic, which can deal moderate damage, and quite accurately. They have considerable defence against melee and magic attacks, but are less well-defended against ranged, particularly crossbow bolts. The best weapons for killing them are dual Chaotic crossbows, the Royal crossbow, and the Hand cannon, although a crystal bow or a good stab weapon with magic defense armour are also effective.
There are relatively few areas where these foes may be killed without any interference from nearby level 118 warped terrorbirds, which are aggressive and attack with ranged and melee. One is at the entrance, where there are two quick tortoise spawns. A second is at the end of dungeon where there is a room with two warped tortoises alone which is not generally used by bots. This could prove useful for those on a Slayer task, particularly if they have 96 Summoning for a Pack yak. Some players may however find it unappealing to run through the length of the entire dungeon, tanking ranged attacks inflicted by the huge numbers of Warped Terrorbirds along the way.
- Competition: Has been fierce at times, with bots sometimes infesting several of the worlds, reducing the chances of tagging a tortoise unless the player's reactions are very quick. Due to the small number of good locations, and the popularity due to slayer assignments and desire for the drops, players will often compete and attempt to force the other one to hop into another world.
- Multi-hitting: A Dwarf multicannon can be used in the dungeon. However, this will attack immediately on target, and the chimes must be used manually on them. This however, while expensive to do, maintains your hold on the tortoises the player is currently attacking. This will also affect Ancient Magicks Burst and Barrage spells.
- Healing: Warped tortoises can drop various amounts of items. They drop Tangled toad legs, which heal for a small amount, and can come in groups of one to three. This makes players who come to kill them bring little or no food, however the drop rate for this food is not common, so players may need to bring food if they have low defence or armour without good resistance to magic.
- Drops: Pick up stackables such as Swamp tar, noted Cabbage, Mithril ore, Law runes, and Coal. They also drop decent alching equipment, such as Mithril platebodies, warhammers, and Rune warhammers and pickaxes. Pick up any unique drops, such as Tortoise shells, Perfect shells, Long bones and Curved bones.
- Prayer Flashing: Prayer flashing may be used to negate some damage. This is however no longer recommended as protection prayers now only block 50% of damage as of the Evolution of Combat update. This may take some practice to do, and doing this will force the player to attack one at a time to minimize damage.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Big bones 1 Always 441
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 44,513 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Armour and Weapons Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril warhammer 1 Common 1,040 Adamant hatchet 1 Common 567 Mithril platebody 1 Uncommon 2,850 Rune pickaxe 1 Uncommon 18,895 Rune warhammer 1 Rare 24,734
Ore and Gems Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamantite ore 1 Common 1,459 Mithril ore 3–9 (noted) Common 966–2,898 Coal 6–16 (noted) Common 1,632–4,352
Runes and Talismans Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Law rune 3–6 Uncommon 537–1,074 Law talisman 1 Uncommon 204 Nature talisman 1 Rare 255 Air rune 49 Rare 637
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Humerus bone 1 Common Not sold Perfect shell 1–3 Uncommon Not sold Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Curved bone 1 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Sulphur 1 Common Not sold Coins 30–180 Common Not sold Anagogic ort 20 Common Not sold Swamp tar 10–32 Common 3,000–9,600 Cabbage 2–54 (noted) Uncommon 134–3,618 Tangled toads' legs 1–4 Uncommon 482–1,928 Tortoise shell 1–3 Uncommon 13,532–40,596 Weapon poison (3) 1 Rare 100 Court summons 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
Rare drop table drops Edit
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- At one time it was possible to heal using Guthan's set even when the tortoises were not made vulnerable by the crystal chimes. This was because at one point Guthan's set counted potential damage inflicted on foes even when actual damage was not possible due to prayer or other invulnerability. An update on 9 June 2009 fixed this bug.
- When examining a warped tortoise, the message says, "You don't think you can harm this creature." However, if you examine a Warped Terrorbird, the message says, "You don't think you can harm this terrorbird," referring specifically to the terrorbird.
- These tortoises have six legs, possibly as a result of the poisonous environment affecting them. Their shells are also open, showing several tentacles.
See also Edit
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon||
Warped terrorbird • Warped tortoise
|Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon|
|God Wars Dungeon|
Gelatinous Abomination • Desert Lizard • Mogre • Harpie Bug Swarm • Killerwatt • Molanisk • Terror dog • Brine rat • Fever spider • Mutated zygomite • Cave horror • 'Rum'-pumped crab • Dust devil • Skeletal Wyvern • Jungle strykewyrm • Desert strykewyrm • Dark beast • Ice strykewyrm