- RuneScape uses the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, second floor, etc.
|Release date||17 October 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series||Temple Knight|
|“||A wanted man is on the loose. Can you track him down?||”|
|Start point:||Begin by speaking to Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador Park.|
|Length:||Medium (Can be long depending on time spent traveling)|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:|
A Dangerous, exiled criminal called Solus has returned once more to threaten the civilised lands of RuneScape.
The White Knights responsible for dealing with this threat don't seem capable of meeting the challenge... perhaps some adventurer can succeed where they have failed?
Use all of your tracking skills, and a little Temple Knight technology, to track him down and bring this criminal to justice once and for all!
A tiny problem with the old dossier
He lets you know the White Knights made "a tiny blunder" and that you're not actually permitted to join the Temple Knights if you're not in the order of the White Knights. It turns out you have to work as a squire for five years... or try Sir Tiffy's different solution to the problem.
Tell him you are interested and he will mention a loophole which will let you in, now ask about the Wanted quest, and he will tell you to go see Sir Amik Varze who can be found on the second floor of the tower on the White Knights' Castle west side.
Definitely Not Some Kind of Elaborate Hoax
Find Sir Amik Varze on the 2nd floor[ floor of the castle, west room. Talk to him; After a short conversation, he asks you to become a squire, decline his offer and continue the conversation; Sir Amik tells you that there needs to be a crisis for you to be deputised directly as a White Knight. ]
If you accept Sir Amik's offer to become a squire, he will ask you to get him an Asgarnian ale. Bringing him one will just cause him to ask for another one. At this point, you have to go speak with Sir Tiffy again to continue on with the quest.
Go report back to Sir Tiffy what Amik said and Sir Tiffy will tell you about a particularly vicious and dangerous criminal, after the conversation with Sir Tiffy, head back to Sir Amik and speak with him about the criminal.
Sir Tiffy sometimes does not say anything about a crisis. If so, you have to talk to him and then go back to Sir Amik.
Sir Amik tells you the news that a criminal named Solus Dellagar the "infamous murder-mage" is back. Continue through this conversation as well, and accept the mission. Sir Amik now makes you a fully deputised White Knight.
The Temple Knight Communication Orb
Return to Sir Tiffy, and speak with him. Turns out that you're just an agent who will track Dellagar down for a recovery team to capture the evil mage, Tiffy will mention that you need a device called a Commorb- which you can either have Tiffy make (By giving him a Law rune, a slayer gem, and a molten glass), or by giving him 10,000 coins. Give him the money/items and he will give you the Temple Knight Communication Orb, which is needed throughout the quest. Tiffy now asks you to contact your information operative, Savant.
You have several options for controlling your Commorb:
Scan: Once in range, you can scan for Solus Dellagar to find him.
Use: Just your normal, everyday use option.
Playback: Give you your current and past assignments.
Contact Savant using the Commorb. She tells you that you should investigate the Taverley Dungeon where the Black Knights supposedly are and you should also take a look at the Zamorak mage that is interested in Runecrafting.
Down in the dungeonTaverley Dungeon. If you start from the western bank in Falador, use the agility shortcut south-west of the bank and head north-west till you see the Taverley Dungeon ladder, just south of Taverley. You can also use the Lodestone to get to Taverley, then walk south, east to the bridge, and south-west to the dungeon.
Climb down the ladder, head north past the Skeletons, and open the gate on the right, in between the level 19 Suits of Armour. Go east, and then head south, past the Magic axes, Poison Scorpions, Chaos dwarves, and finally the Hill giants and into the Black Knight's rooms.
If you have 70+ agility it is recommended that you take the agility shortcut right when you go down the ladder into the dungeon. Then run east past the blue dragons and out the door. Now run south past the Lesser Demons and chaos dwarfs. This way is faster than going all the way around.
Make your way to the south-western-most room to find Lord Daquarius. Talk to him, but he won't help you. Savant advises you not to try to bluff him into giving you something. Go kill a level 33 Black Knight, however, and Daquarius will give in, begging you not to kill any more of his men. Be warned: if you are wearing a piece of temple knight or white knight armour, the knights will be aggressive towards you, making it difficult to talk to Lord Daquarius.
Trade for information with the Zamorak mageRune essence or Pure essence, and talk to the Mage of Zamorak about Solus Dellagar. (Just North of Edgeville in level 5-6 wilderness beside the start of River Lum. He will then tell you to meet him at the altar of Zamorak in Varrock. Which is located south of Aubury's Rune Shop in the south-east corner of the city)
If you have not already started the Abyss (miniquest), you will first have to talk to the Zamorak Mage north of Edgeville. You can find him at the end of the river, just north of Edgeville but he will say the Wilderness isn't a place to talk so he tells you to meet him at the altar of Zamorak.
The Zamorak mage offers to trade what he knows about Solus for your Commorb, but Savant stops you. He then offers to trade his information for twenty unnoted Rune or Pure essence. Talk to the mage again, and trade him the twenty unnoted Rune/Pure essences. You must give him twenty Rune/Pure essence in one time for him to accept them, and they cannot be in pouches at the time. He tells you somewhat unhelpfully that Solus is east of the mage. Savant reminds you that Daquaris said Solus is with furry animals of some kind. Your character then very smartly figures out Solus Dellagar is in Canifis.
Chasing Solus Dellagar
Items: Commorb, light source, teleportation method to Canifis (optional), any teleportation aids you have to all over Gielinor (optional), food, and armour.
Now head to Canifis.
Once you enter the village of werewolves, Savant contacts you and says she is going to scan for Solus. She tells you a bit about a teleporting experiment and suggests you scan for Solus.
If you accidentally click and skip the conversation started by Savant you wont be able to access the conversation via the CommOrb. If you ask her about your assignment she will tell you that you need to talk to the Mage and the Black Knight still. This can be fixed by leaving Canifis and then returning shortly after being cautious not to skip the conversation again. Without this conversation you cannot scan and you cannot advance in the quest.
Choose the Scan option with your Commorb as you walk around Canifis until you uncover Solus.
Solus briefly appears, speaks with you, and disappears. Savant then appears and gives you a clue to Solus's next whereabouts.From this point on, you'll be chasing Solus throughout Gielinor, and each time you find him you'll receive an item in your inventory. That item is a hint for where to go next. The items appear in random order, so below is a list of items that you may receive, along with the location the item is a hint for:
- Banana: Musa Point banana plantation. Solus may teleport you to Camelot or he will summon a Black Knight.
- Bear Fur: The Fur stall in the East Ardougne marketplace
- Bone spear: Dorgeshuun Mines. You'll find a "poor maiden kidnapped by the evil Solus," who turns out to be Solus himself, who will sucker punch you and leave.
- Cape (blue): Champion's Guild. Solus will throw some smoke in your face, blinding you until Savant is done talking. Although Savant says that the smoke is highly poisonous, the player will not receive poison damage. (You may need to be INSIDE the guild for the scan to work)
- Castle Wars Ticket: Castle Wars. Solus may attack you and teleport you to another location.
- Cream Hat: Grand Tree. Solus may teleport you to Camelot.
- Cream Robe: Tree Gnome Stronghold, near the top of the Grand Tree.
- Earmuffs: Canifis Slayer Tower. Solus may teleport you to Camelot or summon a level 32 Black Knight.
- Eye patch: Brimhaven pub. Solus may teleport you to Camelot.
- Fake beard: Ali Morrisane's stall in Al-Kharid. Solus may sharply reduce your lifepoints, teleport you to Camelot, or summon a level 32 Black Knight.
- Fremennik Cloak: Rellekka. Solus may teleport you to Camelot.
- Fur: Ardougne Market. Solus may sharply reduce your lifepoints or summon a level 32 Black Knight. There is a bug where you can get the black knight stuck and can summon another one by scanning again before the next talk. With multiple out they can attack you, even though this isn't a multi-combat area. Solus may also teleport you to Camelot.
- Giant Frog Legs: Lumbridge Swamp Caves, specifically the southern bit with the level 99 Big frogs. Be sure to bring a Lightsource, preferably an oil or bullseye lantern, and a rope. Solus may teleport you to Camelot or summon a level 32 Black Knight.
- Goblin Mail: Goblin Village. Solus may attack you or teleport you to Camelot.
- Greenman's ale: Yanille pub. Solus may attack you or teleport you away.
- Pure Essence, twenty noted: Rune Essence mines. This is the final location, you will fight Solus here.
- Red vine worm: McGrubor's Wood, Solus may teleport you to Camelot may also summon a level 32 or 36 black knight
- Toy horsey: Draynor Village, near Diango. Solus may teleport you to Camelot.
- Unholy Symbol: Scorpius Shrine, north of the Observatory with all the ghosts. May teleport you to Camelot.
- Wizard hat: Wizards' Tower. He may attack you or teleport you to a random location.
- At about the third scan location, Solus will become irritated by your perseverance. After some dialogue, he will use a particularly strong Flames of Zamorak spell to critically lower your life points. The amount of damage you take depends on your current life points, and can go as high as 960 (at full health with level 99 Constitution). Protect from magic cannot block the spell, but the spell will NEVER kill you as Savant will fortunately protect you (you will still be severely damaged). You will then be teleported back to Falador, in the White Knight's Castle with all of your items.
- Solus may also teleport you to various places, most commonly Camelot.
- Prior to your getting the clue of twenty noted Rune Essence/Pure Essence, Solus will summon a level 32 Black Knight to take you out. You may kill the knight if you wish; however, it does not matter, as it will disappear if you leave the scanning area.
- After you finish this quest, you keep every item you receive from this section.
Upon entering the mine, you view a cutscene where Savant summons fifteen rangers to attack but Solus Dellagar kills them all with Ice Barrage, dealing 700 damage to each Temple Knight. After that, the cutscene ends, and Solus is greatly weakened. Finish off Solus Dellagar yourself. If you are using ranged, you will not be able to retrieve spare arrows/bolts after the fight.(Note: You can also pick up and bury the 15 bones that the rangers leave when they are killed.)Solus is fairly easy, with no specific combat level, 540 life points, and only uses melee due to being weakened. Once he is defeated, you receive his hat in your inventory. Return to Falador, talk to Sir Amik Varze, and hand over Solus's hat. If the hat is lost, speak to Savant to obtain another one.
Congratulations. Quest complete!
- 5,000 experience
- Access to the armoury of the White Knights
- 1 Quest Point
- 20 noted Pure/Rune essence and the other items (from chasing Solus)
- 2 extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune
Required for completing
Completion of Wanted! is required for the following:
- Devious Minds
- Quiet Before the Swarm
- The Slug Menace
- While Guthix Sleeps
- Falador Tasks:
- Medium: "It's Nothing Personal"
- After completion of Wanted!, the Adventurer's Log will read "As a shortcut to being deputised into the White Knights, I tracked down and defeated a dangerous mage known as Solus Dellagar."
- When scanning at the third location (before Solus reduces the player's life points), your character will say "Dead or alive, you're coming with me" this is a reference to the Robocop films from the 80's and 90's.
- When Solus summons the Black Knight he says "Say hello to my little friend.". This is a reference to the movie "Scarface".
- If a player leaves through the rune essence portal or teleports while fighting Solus and comes back, the cutscene will repeat itself.
- After completing the quest, if you talk to Juna, your character will say, "...And after I had finally managed to track him down, let me tell you, that Solus Dellagar fellow was almost as powerful as he was insane!"
- At the beginning of the cutscene when Solus talks with the Mage of Zamorak, he still uses the old Ancient Magicks teleport animation.
- If the player tells Sir Amik about their desire to denounce their status as a Temple Knight while wearing Initiate armour, Sir Amik will say, "But you're wearing their armour!" The player will respond, "So? Did you hear me bad mouth the armour? The armour is cool, I keep the armour!"
- When scanning while fighting Solus in the Rune Essences Mine, the game fades out and the cutscene repeats itself. It is good for gaining experience in Prayer, as every time the cutscene starts, he will kill the Temple Knights and leave their bones behind. This glitch has yet to be fixed.
- When you first talk to Sir Tiffy, you will mention elemental items, whether you have done Elemental Workshop quests or not.
In order to increase your ranking, you must kill a certain number of Black Knights. You start off as a Novice at 100 kills, and as you kill more knights, you'll advance in rank.
- No rank - 0 Black Knights
- Novice - 100 Black Knights
- Peon - 200 Black Knights
- Page - 300 Black Knights
- Noble - 500 Black Knights
- Adept - 800 Black Knights
- Master - 1,300 Black Knights
Players can check their rank in the Wanted! quest journal. In addition, the game window will tell you when you've reached a new rank, such as "Congratulations! you are now a White Knight Adept!". The Knight rankings are necessary to buy White Knight Equipment, each new rank unlocks better equipment for purchase, you can also buy the equipment at the G.E. Players can also lower their rank by killing White Knights. Each White Knight killed subtracts one Black Knight kill from a player's rank.
|Sea Slug quest series|
|Void Knights quest series|
|Mahjarrat quest series|