|Release date||17 October 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series||Temple Knight|
Wanted! is a quest that focuses on the completion of your application for Temple Knight. Due to an oversight during your recruitment, you are now to hunt down an extremely dangerous wizard and mass murderer named Solus Dellagar.
|“||A wanted man is on the loose. Can you track him down?||”|
|Start point||Begin by speaking to Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador Park.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Length||Medium (depending on time spent travelling)|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
A tiny problem with the old dossierEdit
He lets you know the White Knights made "a tiny blunder", and that you're not actually permitted to join the Temple Knights if you're not in the order of the White Knights. It turns out you have to work as a squire for five years... or try Sir Tiffy's different solution to the problem.
Tell him you are interested and he will mention a loophole which will let you in, now ask about the Wanted quest, and he will tell you to go see Sir Amik Varze, who can be found in the White Knights' Castle, on the west side of the 2nd floor[ . ]
Definitely not some kind of elaborate hoaxEdit
Find Sir Amik Varze and talk to him; after a short conversation, he asks you to become a squire. Decline his offer and continue the conversation; Sir Amik tells you that there needs to be a crisis for you to be deputised directly as a White Knight.
If you accept Sir Amik's offer to become a squire, he will ask you to get him an Asgarnian ale. Bringing him one will just cause him to ask for another one. Go report back to Sir Tiffy with what Sir Amik said and he will tell you about a particularly vicious and dangerous criminal. After the conversation with Sir Tiffy, head back to Sir Amik and speak with him about the criminal.
Sir Amik tells you the news that a criminal named Solus Dellagar, the "infamous murderous mage", is back. Continue through this conversation as well, and accept the mission. Sir Amik now makes you a fully deputised White Knight.
The Temple Knight communication orbEdit
Return to Sir Tiffy and speak with him. Your task is to track Dellagar down for a recovery team to capture the evil mage – Tiffy will mention that you need a device called a commorb, which you can either have Tiffy make (by giving him a law rune, enchanted gem, and molten glass), or by giving him 10,000 coins.
Tiffy now asks you to contact your information operative, Savant. You have several options for controlling your commorb:
- Scan: Once in range, you can scan for Solus Dellagar to find him.
- Contact: Allows you to contact Savant. Savant is a Temple Knight agent who helps you defeat Solus Dellagar. She can only be seen in the commorb, though her real location is hidden.
- Playback: Give you your current and past assignments.
Contact Savant using the commorb. She tells you that you should investigate the Taverley Dungeon where the Black Knights supposedly are, and that you should also take a look at the Mage of Zamorak that is interested in Runecrafting.
Down in the dungeonEdit
- Items needed: Commorb
Items recommended: Combat equipment and food
Head into Taverley Dungeon. Make your way to the south-western-most room to find Lord Daquarius. Talk to him, but he won't help you. Savant advises you not to try to bluff him into giving you something. Once you kill a Black Knight, however, Daquarius will give in, begging you not to kill any more of his men.
Trading for informationEdit
Grab twenty unnoted rune or pure essence and speak to the Mage of Zamorak. If you have already started the Abyss miniquest, you may go straight to the Altar of Zamorak in the southeast corner of Varrock. If not, he is located in Edgeville at the end of the river in the Wilderness, where he then directs the player to the Altar of Zamorak.
The Mage of Zamorak offers to trade what he knows about Solus for your commorb, but Savant stops you. He then offers to trade his information for twenty unnoted rune or pure essence. Talk to the mage again, and trade him the essences. He tells you somewhat unhelpfully that Solus is east of the mage. Savant reminds you that Daquarius said Solus is with furry animals of some kind. The adventurer deducts Solus Dellagar is in Canifis.
Chasing Solus DellagarEdit
- Items needed: Commorb
Items recommended: Light source, teleports and activated lodestones, combat equipment and food
Now head to Canifis. Once you enter the village of werewolves, Savant contacts you and says she is going to scan for Solus. She tells you a bit about a teleporting experiment and suggests you scan for Solus.
Choose the Scan option with your commorb as you walk around Canifis until you uncover Solus. Solus briefly appears, speaks with you, and disappears. Savant then appears and gives you a clue to Solus's next whereabouts.
From this point on, you'll be chasing Solus throughout Gielinor, and each time you find him you'll receive an item in your inventory. That item is a hint for where to go next. The items appear in random order, so below is a list of items that you may receive, along with the location the item is a hint for:
- Banana: Musa Point banana plantation. Solus may teleport you to Camelot, attack or he will summon a level 23 black knight.
- Beer: The bar in Yanille.
- Bear Fur: The Fur stall in the East Ardougne marketplace.
- Bone spear: Dorgeshuun Mines. You'll find a "poor maiden kidnapped by the evil Solus" who turns out to be Solus himself, who will sucker punch you and leave. You will have to bring a light source. She will be located near where the actual town is, not the caves on the way there.
- Cape (blue): Champions' Guild. Solus will throw some smoke in your face, blinding you until Savant is done talking. Although Savant says that the smoke is highly poisonous, the player will not receive poison damage. You may need to be inside the guild for the scan to work.
- Castle wars ticket: Castle Wars. Solus may attack you and teleport you to another location. Standing just west of the green portal works.
- Cream Hat: Grand Tree. Solus may teleport you to Camelot, or attack you with a spell, causing you to be teleported to Falador and your life points to be sapped below 5%.
- Cream Robe: Tree Gnome Stronghold, near the top of the Grand Tree.
- Earmuffs: Canifis Slayer Tower. Solus may teleport you to Camelot or summon a level 32 Black Knight.
- Eye patch: Brimhaven pub. Solus may teleport you to Camelot.
- Fake beard: Ali Morrisane's stall in Al-Kharid. Solus may sharply reduce your life points, teleport you to Camelot, or summon a level 32 Black Knight.
- Fremennik cloak: Rellekka. Solus may teleport you to Camelot or summon a level 34 Black Knight.
- Fur: Ardougne Market. Solus may sharply reduce your life points or summon a level 34 Black Knight. There is a bug where you can get the black knight stuck and can summon another one by scanning again before the next talk. With multiple out they can attack you. Solus may also teleport you to Camelot.
- Giant frog legs: Lumbridge Swamp Caves, specifically the southern bit with the level 44 giant frogs, near the entrance to the Tears of Guthix Cavern. Be sure to bring a lightsource, preferably an oil or bulls-eye lantern, and a rope. Solus may teleport you to Camelot or summon a level 34 Black Knight.
- Goblin mail: Goblin Village. Solus may attack you or teleport you to Camelot.
- Greenman's ale: Yanille pub. Solus may attack you or teleport you away.
- Pure essence, twenty noted: Rune Essence mines. This is the final location, you will fight Solus here.
- Red vine worm: McGrubor's Wood, Solus may teleport you to Camelot may also summon a level 34 or 36 black knight. May also attack you, resulting in Savant teleporting you to Falador, where you will receive a very large amount of damage from Solus' spell.
- Toy horsey: Draynor Village, near Diango. Solus may teleport you to Camelot, summon a level 34 Black Knight, or attack you.
- Unholy symbol: Scorpius Grave, north of the Observatory with all the ghosts. May teleport you to Camelot.
- Wizard hat: Wizards' Tower. He may attack you or teleport you to a random location.
At about the third scan location, Solus will become irritated by your perseverance. You will have a short conversation, and taunt him at the end. In response, he will use a particularly strong Flames of Zamorak spell, lowering your life points to a fraction of your maximum life points. The spell will never kill you as Savant will fortunately protect you. You will then be teleported back to Falador, in the White Knight's Castle with all of your items.
Eventually, you get the noted rune essence clue, so head off to whichever Rune Essence mine teleport spot you want. Upon entering the mine, you view a cutscene where Savant summons fifteen rangers to attack but Solus Dellagar kills them all with Ice Barrage, dealing 700 damage to each Temple Knight. After that, the cut-scene ends, and Solus is greatly weakened. Finish off Solus Dellagar yourself.
Solus is fairly easy, with no specific combat level, around 3500 life points, and only uses melee due to being weakened. Once he is defeated, you receive his hat in your inventory. Return to Falador, talk to Sir Amik Varze, and hand over Solus's hat. If the hat is lost, speak to Savant to obtain another one.
Congratulations, quest complete!
- 1 quest point
- 5,000 experience
- Access to the armoury of the White Knights
- 20 noted pure/rune essence and the other items (from chasing Solus)
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
Required for completingEdit
Completion of Wanted! is required for the following:
- Devious Minds
- Quiet Before the Swarm
- The Slug Menace
- While Guthix Sleeps
- Falador Tasks:
- Medium: "It's Nothing Personal"
- Desert Tasks:
- After completion of Wanted!, the Adventurer's Log will read "As a shortcut to being deputised into the White Knights, I tracked down and defeated a dangerous mage known as Solus Dellagar."
- When scanning at the third location, your character will say, "Dead or alive, you're coming with me," a reference to RoboCop.
- When Solus summons the Black Knight he says, "Say hello to my little friend," a reference to Scarface.
- After completing the quest, if you talk to Juna, your character will say, "...And after I had finally managed to track him down, let me tell you, that Solus Dellagar fellow was almost as powerful as he was insane!"
- When you first talk to Sir Tiffy, you will mention elemental items, whether or not you have completed quests in the Elemental Workshop quest series.
|Part 2 of the Temple Knight quest series • Related to the Void Knight quest series|
|Related||Quick guide • Transcript|