|Release||14 March 2005 (Update)|
|A big, scary hand!|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|4 / 3 / 1|
4 ticks (2.4s)
A Wall beast is a Slayer monster that requires level 35 Slayer to kill. They are the hands of "the Grotesque", a monster made from pure corruption who turned the area south-southwest of Lumbridge into a swamp. The hands of the wall beasts are very long, even able to emerge from the Lumbridge Swamp Caves to the surface, sticking out of a nexus. A spiny helmet or equivalent is required to start fighting one. Players without 5 Defence would not be assigned these as 5 Defence is required to wield the helmet. This monster is not very popular, due to the fact that its drops are poor with the exception of the mystic hat. It is found only in the Lumbridge Swamp Caves.
This creature is infamous for surprising, and often killing, low-level players in the Lumbridge caves.
When a wall beast attacks a player, only its arm is seen sticking out of the wall. However, in the July 2006 edition of Postbag from the Hedge a player asked for a picture of the wall beast's whole body.
The reply contained no words, only a picture of a green creature, though this seems to have been retconned with the release of The Nexus, where it is revealed that wall beasts are in fact the arms of The Grotesque.
Lumbridge Swamp CavesEdit
Players can find wall beasts in Lumbridge Swamp Caves. When walking (not running) past one without wearing a spiny helmet, there is a chance it will grab the player by the head and slam him or her against the wall. This will result in 110 to 180 life points being lost.
Nevertheless, even if the player forgets their spiny helmet, they may still avoid damage from these: move to beside their opening and stop. Make sure run is on, and click beyond their opening. Doing this will make passing the wall beast guaranteed, without it grabbing your head.
On another note, when slaying wall beasts, it is recommended that players only fight the wall beast closest to the main entrance of the Lumbridge Swamp Caves. When a player climbs down the rope, there will be a wall beast lurking in the wall just ahead.
Strengths and weaknessesEdit
Players should wear a spiny helmet whilst fighting wall beasts, otherwise they will grab them by the head and slam them against the wall, removing up to 180 life points.
If players wear a spiny helmet, the grabbing attack will fail. A wall beast's maximum hit on a player wearing a spiny helmet is 44.
Contrary to what the above picture may imply, the wall beast does not count as a large monster and therefore the dragon halberd's special attack does not produce two hits on it.
- You can still use a black mask, focus sight or hexcrest to fight the wall beasts as long as you ensure you wear one of the aforementioned items while the wall beast initially tries to attack you. As soon as it discovers you with your spiny helmet, you can switch to your preferred headgear. Just be careful to re-equip your spiny helmet after each battle.
- A player can "reset" the wall beast spawn by quickly climbing up the rope of the cavern and then back down—this is much faster than waiting for the wall beast to respawn by itself.
- Always remember to wear one of the four helmets. (Refer to the list above.)
- Remember to walk, not run. You will run right past them!
- The respawn is triggered every time you enter the Lumbridge Swamp Caves, meaning you can run back and exit to refresh the spawn.
- They are located in the Lumbridge swamp caves, so remember to bring a light source with you.
- Players may wish to bring an antipoison potion in case they accidentally attack a cave slime or a cave crawler, which are poisonous.
- If one does not want to fight them, or get hit by them, and does not possess a Slayer Helmet or a spiny helmet, you can use Surge (with level 30 Magic) to pass them without getting hit.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,788 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Grimy lantadyme||1||Very rare||3,532|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1||Very rare||2,771|
|Chaos rune||3; 7||Rare||252–588|
|Steel full helm||1||Common||1,160|
|Bronze full helm||1||Common||371|
|Black full helm||1||Uncommon||1,314|
|Mithril full helm||1||Uncommon||2,277|
|Light mystic hat||1||Rare||8,416|
|Silver ore||5 (noted)||Common||205|
|Eye of newt||1||Uncommon||9|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (medium)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- Surge allows you to bypass the beast without the chance of being caught.