- Not to be confused with Shifter.
|Abilities||Teleports you to Void Knight Outpost if your life points fall under 10%|
|Special moves||Call to Arms: Teleports you to Void Knight Outpost|
|Examine text||It shifts.|
The void shifter is a Summoning familiar, introduced with the "Summoning 2" update on 31 March 2008. It requires level 34 Summoning. It requires 1 blue charm, 1 shifter charm, and 74 spirit shards. It also provides Attack experience when fighting in combat. The ability closely resembles the ring of life as it teleports you to the Void Knight Outpost if you are below 10% of your maximum life points. Some people purposely activate its special ability by lowering their LP to quickly get to the Void Knight Outpost, once there, they join a game and their LP is regained.
This familiar is ideal for fighting things that are dangerous, but drop good items. Since players can only wear one ring at a time, they're often torn between wearing the ring of wealth, which helps increase rare drops or the ring of life, which can save you if a battle goes awry. A player can instead just summon the void shifter to substitute for the ring of life while wearing the ring of wealth and doesn't need to worry about restocking on pouches because it is hard to kill and lasts very long.
Void Shifter Pouch Edit
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||1,851|
|52 ( 1,300)||42|
|I can summon a void shifter familiar with this.|
Void Shifter Pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 74 spirit shards, a blue charm and a shifter charm in the inventory. Making the pouch earns 59.6 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a void shifter gains 0.7 experience points, and costs 4 Summoning points.
Call to arms scrollEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|90 coins||136 coins||376 coins (info)|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4 ( 100)||42|
|A scroll for a void shifter familiar.|
Call to Arms scroll enables the use of the Call to Arms special move for all the void familiars. Using the pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls.
Special move: Call to ArmsEdit
- Making a void shifter pouch gives little experience. Giant chinchompa pouches requires a lower Summoning level, also uses blue charms but gives over four times as much experience. This may be an oversight on Jagex's part, as all void familiars' pouches give the same experience when made, but the void ravager uses a green charm rather than a blue charm, and the xp it gives fits well between the beaver and macaw pouches, which are the ones flanking it in terms of Summoning level required among the green charm familiars.
- The void shifter's dialogue shows a stereotypical British accent.
- The untranslated speech of the void shifter are actually quotes from Moby Dick.
- The void shifter's head (which has more spikes and pincers then its Pest Control counterpart's) looks similar to the head of one of the aliens from the movie Alien, with its elongated shape.
- The basic style of the void shifter's body resembles one of the creatures from the movie "The Mist".