|Release||15 September 2014 (Update)|
|High alch||300 coins|
|Low alch||200 coins|
|Exchange||6,639 coins (info)|
|Examine||Goldberg-brand vis wax! Waxiness guaranteed and little else!|
Vis wax is a sticky goo created from runes during the Rune Goldberg Machine distraction and diversion. It has a variety of uses, including the ability to double the duration and reward of daily challenges or reroll them for a challenge of a different skill, extend the duration of certain auras, increase divine location gathering limits, or converted into charges for quick lodestone teleports. The player may only use the machine once each day with a maximum possible output of 100 vis wax.
- Reroll Daily Challenge - Allows a player to change a daily challenge they don't wish to do for one in a different skill. Each daily challenge can be rerolled only once. If this is selected, the player is shown the potential new challenge, which they can accept or reject. Vis wax is consumed with either choice. If the window is closed for any reason, the daily challenge will not be changed.
- Extend Daily Challenge - Players can choose to double the duration of a daily challenge (e.g. from one Complexity 6 Floor to two Complexity 6 floors) in order to receive double the experience reward upon completion. This will also double the value of the items contained in a Challenge Mystery Bag, if one is awarded for that particular challenge, as number of materials required will also be doubled.
- Extend Aura - Players may increase the duration of an aura's activation time, by either 50% or 100% of its timer. This effect will be applied on the aura's next activation and is temporary. Therefore it will prevent you from extending the duration while the aura is worn and active, so you must do the extension before activating the aura. For example, passive skill-boosting auras such as Greenfingers cannot be extended once worn and activated. The Jack of trades and Wisdom auras cannot be extended, though they can be reset.
- Reset Harmony Pillar - Players that have already planted a harmony moss seed in a harmony pillar and wish to change the skill can do so using 10 vis wax. This can be done only once a day, resets the gained XP to 0 and requires a new seed to be planted to attune the pillar to the new skill.
- Increase Divine Location limit - Players can increase the amount of items they can gather from divine locations during that reset period. Players can choose to increase their limit by either 50% or 100% for a single reset period; only one choice may selected per period (meaning, for instance, it is not possible to increase one's limit by 150%).
- Quick-teleport charges - One vis wax can be converted to 10 quick-teleport charges. One charge can be used to teleport to a lodestone at a faster rate.
|Gain 10 Quick Teleport charges||1||6,639|
|Extend Resourceful aura by 50%||5||33,195|
|Extend Enrichment aura by 50%|
|Extend Greenfingers aura by 50%|
|Extend Five-finger discount aura by 50%|
|Extend Call of the sea aura by 50%|
|Extend Lumberjack aura by 50%|
|Extend Quarrymaster aura by 50%|
|Extend Tracker aura by 50%|
|Extend Aegis aura by 50%|
|Extend Resourceful aura by 100%||10||66,390|
|Extend Enrichment aura by 100%|
|Extend Greenfingers aura by 100%|
|Extend Five-finger discount aura by 100%|
|Extend Call of the sea aura by 100%|
|Extend Lumberjack aura by 100%|
|Extend Quarrymaster aura by 100%|
|Extend Tracker aura by 100%|
|Extend Aegis aura by 100%|
|Reroll a planted Harmony pillar's skill attunement|
|Extend Surefooted aura by 50%||20||132,780|
|Extend Knockout aura by 50%|
|Extend Reverence aura by 50%|
|Extend Poison Purge aura by 50%|
|Extend Equilibrium aura by 50%|
|Extend Corruption/Harmony/Salvation by 50%|
|Extend Maniacal aura by 50%|
|Extend Runic Accuracy aura by 50%|
|Extend Sharpshooter aura by 50%|
|Increase Divine location gathering limit by 50%|
|Reroll Daily Challenge||25||165,975|
|Reset Jack of Trades||40||265,560|
|Increase divine location gathering limit by 100%|
|Extend Surefooted aura by 100%|
|Extend Knockout aura by 100%|
|Extend Reverence aura by 100%|
|Extend Poison Purge aura by 100%|
|Extend Equilibrium aura by 100%|
|Extend Corruption/Harmony/Salvation by 100%|
|Extend Maniacal aura by 100%|
|Extend Runic Accuracy aura by 100%|
|Extend Sharpshooter aura by 100%|
|Extend Daily Challenge||50||331,950|
|Extend Inspiration aura by 50%|
|Extend Vampyrism aura by 50%|
|Extend Penance aura by 50%|
|Extend Inspiration aura by 100%||100||663,900|
|Extend Vampyrism aura by 100%|
|Extend Penance aura by 100%|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- The word vis is Latin for "force" or "power." This is in line with the (subtly) stated purpose of the machine itself, which is to find out exactly what makes up the physical rune stones. It can be reasonably implied that the wax is a physical manifestation of the raw power of rune stones, hence its ability to effectively alter certain gameplay mechanics, albeit temporarily.
- Prior to 3 November 2014, the cost to re-roll daily challenges was 10 wax, while extending a challenge cost 20. This was changed in the interest of "re-balancing" the costs, likely because of widespread sentiment that the low costs had made the challenge system "too easy."
- Seasonal auras (Enlightenment and Festive), membership package auras (Dwarven instinct), and other auras that aren't purchased from Solomon's store cannot be reset or extended with vis wax.