|Release||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||240,000 coins|
|Low alch||160,000 coins|
|Exchange||2,770,528 coins (info)|
|An ancient mage's mask.|
The mask lasts for a duration of 10 hours of combat before degrading completely, and then may be repaired by Bob in Lumbridge or at a Player-owned house armour stand. It should be noted that the mask does not degrade in increments, and its stats stay the same until the 10 hours is up. It costs 500,000 coins to have the mask repaired at Bob's Brilliant Axes, or 250,000 coins at an armour stand with 99 Smithing.
When received with CoinShare active, the Virtus mask will be dropped as 120 Virtus mask shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
|80 , 80||Yes|
|[view] • [talk]|
Ancient armour degrades as it is used. Equipment received from Nex is fully repaired and can be used for 60,000 charges of combat (though it degrades by 2 charges per hit, making the minimum time 5 hours) until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Ancient armour can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Ancient armour may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Ancient armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
| Costs to repair|
|NPC||POH Armour Stand|
|Level 1 Smithing||Level 99 Smithing|
|The price is exactly 50% when boosted to 100 Smithing|
template = Barrows repair/calc form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = price|price|500000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
|4 × Zaros components|
- "Virtus" is Latin for "courage", "excellence", "character" and "virtue".
- This item, along with the other Virtus, Torva, and Pernix pieces, originally had a glitch which did not allow them to be traded even after being repaired. This has since been fixed.
- When degraded its value appears to be set to 100m.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- The Virtus Mask seems to have been molded to resemble the mask Terry McGinnis (and for a short time, Bruce Wayne) dons, in the cartoon series, Batman Beyond (1999-2001).
- Before the Evolution of Combat, when worn, the mask increased a player's maximum life points by 66.