|Release date||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||240,000 coins|
|Low alch||160,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||2,457,194 coins (info)|
|Examine||An ancient mage's mask.|
The mask lasts for a duration of 10 hours of combat before degrading completely, and then may be repaired by Bob in Lumbridge or at a Player-owned house armour stand. It should be noted that the mask does not degrade in increments, and its stats stay the same until the 10 hours is up. It costs 500,000 coins to have the mask repaired at Bob's Brilliant Axes, or 250,000 coins at an armour stand with 99 Smithing.
When received with CoinShare active, the Virtus mask will be dropped as 120 Virtus mask shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
A player wearing a Virtus mask
|80 , 80||Yes|
|[view] • [talk]|
Repair cost Edit
Enter your smithing level here to calculate how much it would cost to repair the Virtus mask on an Armour stand:
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = cost||500000|hidden param = level|Smithing Level (1-105)|1|int|1-105
- "Virtus" is Latin for "courage", "excellence", "character" and "virtue".
- This item, along with the other Virtus, Torva, and Pernix pieces, originally had a glitch which did not allow them to be traded even after being repaired. This has since been fixed.
- When degraded its value appears to be set to 100m.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- The Virtus Mask seems to have been molded to resemble the mask Terry McGinnis (and for a short time, Bruce Wayne) dons, in the cartoon series, Batman Beyond (1999-2001).
- Before the Evolution of Combat, when worn, the mask increased a player's maximum life points by 66.