This article is about the normal version of the Vesta's longsword. For the corrupt version of this item, see Corrupt vesta's longsword.
|Release date||15 October 2008 (Update)|
|High Alch||180,000 coins|
|Low Alch||120,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||10,027,245 coins (info)|
|Examine||This item degrades in combat, and will turn to dust.|
Vesta's longsword is the third strongest longsword in the game, beaten only by the chaotic longsword and the Drygore longsword. It is obtained by killing Revenants in the Forinthry Dungeon or the Chaos Elemental in very deep Wilderness and is considered the best drop possible from said foes. This piece of weaponry was released with the release of PvP worlds on 15 October 2008.
The normal version requires 78 Attack and lasts for an hour of combat. After the time is up, the longsword will vanish. The time restrictions are the same in Wilderness PvP and other combat situations.
Contrary to popular belief, this item does not degrade while using non-combat magic.
Vesta's longsword is a one-handed weapon, and thus a shield can be used with it. After the sword has been used in combat it will become untradeable. However, this weapon is extremely expensive considering its short time-limit.
- As an hour contains 6000 ticks and the sword hits once per 5 ticks, you are able to hit 1200 hits with this sword before it degrades. Thus, each hit costs approximately 8,356 coins when using this sword.
A player wielding Vesta's longsword
|[view] • [talk]|
Vesta's longsword has a special attack, Feint, which requires 25% adrenaline, has increased accuracy, and deals 100-250% damage.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Revenant imp 20 1 Very rare Revenant goblin 24,28,32,40 1 Very rare Revenant hobgoblin 64 1 Very rare Revenant icefiend 54 1 Very rare Revenant pyrefiend 58 1 Very rare Revenant vampyre 68 1 Very rare Revenant werewolf 76 1 Very rare Revenant cyclops 86 1 Very rare Revenant dragon 93 1 Rare Revenant hellhound 94 1 Very rare Revenant demon 100 1 Very rare Revenant ork 110 1 Very rare Revenant dark beast 130 1 Rare Chaos Elemental 138 1 Very rare Revenant knight 140 1 Rare
- Since the Evolution of Combat update, the usefulness of this sword has been greatly reduced for purely showing off wealth or for other uses. The special attack has since been removed, and the combat stats of the longsword is worse then other weapons equal or greater then it's level. It also lasted one hour and was very expensive for a now weakened one-hander weapon.
- Vesta's longsword resembles the Roman longsword known as the Spatha.
- Vesta is the Roman goddess of the hearth, home, and family.
- Currently, when using an aura, two swords are visible, the longsword itself and the glow made by the aura.
- The Vesta's longsword fell in price due to the More Loot = More W00t! update that was part of the ClusterFlutterer celebration, and because of the double loot drop during one of the Mad May weekends. Another large reason why the price of the Vesta's longsword fell in price is because of EOC removing its Player Killing effect with the special attack.
- It is presumed that Vesta's longsword is the rarest of all revenant drops, apart from the Ancient statuette.
- Thok uses the former special attack of the Vesta's longsword in the Fremennik Saga, Thok It To 'Em.