This article is about the normal version of the Vesta's longsword. For the corrupt version of this item, see Corrupt vesta's longsword.
|Release date||15 October 2008 (Update)|
|High Alch||180,000 coins|
|Low Alch||120,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||12,496,756 coins (info)|
|Examine||This item degrades in combat, and will turn to dust.|
Vesta's longsword is the third strongest longsword in the game, beaten only by the chaotic longsword and the Drygore longsword. It is obtained by killing Revenants in the Forinthry Dungeon or the Chaos Elemental in very deep Wilderness and is considered the best drop possible from said foes. This piece of weaponry was released with the release of PvP worlds on 15 October 2008.
The normal version requires 78 Attack and lasts for an hour of combat. After the time is up, the longsword will vanish. The time restrictions are the same in Wilderness PvP and other combat situations.
Contrary to popular belief, this item does not degrade while using non-combat magic.
Vesta's longsword is a one-handed weapon, and thus a shield can be used with it. After the sword has been used in combat it will become untradeable. However, this weapon is extremely expensive considering its short time-limit.
- As an hour contains 6000 ticks and the sword hits once per 5 ticks, you are able to hit 1200 hits with this sword before it degrades. Thus, each hit costs approximately 10,414 coins when using this sword.
A player wielding vesta's longsword
|[view] • [talk]|
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Revenant dark beast 120 1 Rare Revenant dragon 93 1 Rare Revenant knight 126 1 Rare Revenant demon 98 1 Very rare Revenant goblin 15 1 Very rare Revenant imp 7 1 Very rare Revenant pyrefiend 52 1 Very rare Revenant werewolf 75 1 Very rare Revenant cyclops 82 1 Very rare Revenant hellhound 90 1 Very rare Revenant hobgoblin 60 1 Very rare Revenant icefiend 45 1 Very rare Revenant vampyre 68 1 Very rare Revenant ork 105 1 Very rare Chaos Elemental 138 1 Very rare
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon used to have a special attack.
- Since the Evolution of Combat update, the usefulness of this sword has been greatly reduced. The special attack no longer exists, and since it degrades after one hour of use and has a high price, it is not frequently used.
- Vesta's longsword resembles the Roman longsword known as the Spatha.
- Vesta is the Roman goddess of the hearth, home, and family.
- Currently, when using an aura, two swords are visible, the longsword itself and the glow made by the aura.
- The Vesta's longsword fell in price due to the More Loot = More W00t! update that was part of the ClusterFlutterer celebration, and because of the double loot drop during one of the Mad May weekends.
- Thok uses the former special attack of the Vesta's longsword in the Fremennik Saga, Thok It To 'Em.