For the equipment set, see Verac the Defiled's equipment.
|Release date||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|XP per kill||1000 (and 330 experience)|
|Examine text||A vengeful spirit corrupted by dark magic.|
Verac's set effect: Verac's Defilement, allows Verac's hits to have a chance to deal improved damage in a similar fashion to a player wearing a full set of Verac's equipment. This effect does not trigger any animations or sound effects, so players should monitor their lifepoints carefully. Protect from Melee/Deflect melee is advised when attacking Verac to lower his overall max hit.
Verac's weakness is Earth Spells, therefore it is recommended to use spells such as Earth Surge or Rock Barrage against him. He can also be taken down easily with other strong spells, or strong melee weapons such as Chaotic weaponry or Drygore weaponry.
- Verac, along with all the other barrows brothers, received a graphical update on 4 January 2012 to make him look more like a player wearing his items rather than the old graphics style which displayed an unclear, purely pink coloured apparition.
- The Evolution of combat has raised Verac's combat level from 146 to 150.
- Verac's flail when used by Verac himself utilises the pre-EoC animation used when attacking with this weapon. However, when a player attacks with the flail they will hold it in a glitchy standard 2-handed maul stance. This has not been fixed as of 28/1/2013.
- Verac's set effect pre-EoC used to deal damage through protection prayers and ignoring defence when activated. However with the release of the Evolution of Combat, protection prayers/deflect curses are only 50% effective, so his effect has been replaced with a much less useful one.
- When the Barrows were first introduced, the Verac's top had an unusual side effect: any female character wearing it seemed to be topless, making the chest appear masculine. Jagex has since fixed this graphical mistake.
- On the female version of Verac's armour, there seems to be ankle braces on the skirt similar to Guthan's chainskirt, while on the male version there is none.
- Verac the Defiled's armour is based on the armour of "the Myrmillo", one of the five types of gladiators in ancient Rome. It has many resemblances, the most obvious of which being his brassard, single plated arm and fish-finned helm, a design based loosely among Roman legionaries. However in contrast the Myrmillo would be seen as a heavily armoured 'tank' yet Verac's set bonuses are lower than those of Guthan, Dharok or Torag. Also to note is that the armoured plating is on his wrong arm for a Myrmillo.
|Ahrim the Blighted|
|Dharok the Wretched|
|Guthan the Infested|
|Karil the Tainted|
|Torag the Corrupted|
|Verac the Defiled|
|Akrisae the Doomed|
Culinaromancer's gloves 10 (barrows-themed gloves)