|Release date||15 March 2011 (Update)|
|High Alch||6,000 coins|
|Low Alch||4,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||138,745 coins (info)|
|Examine||This mystical item radiates magical power.|
The Vecna skull is a very rare drop from monsters, which can only be gotten while wearing a Ring of Wealth. It can be activated an infinite number of times to gain a temporary +6 boost to your Magic level. It can only be activated every seven minutes per player, regardless of how many Vecna skulls are owned, with the exception of the Duel Arena - where, when you win or lose, the timer resets. A notice will appear once seven minutes has passed.
This item cannot be lent. The boost will not work while your magic level is already boosted by any other effect. Players additionally cannot bring the Vecna skull into Fist of Guthix or the Duel Arena to gain an advantage in magical duels if the "no potions" option is enabled.
When you click on the "Draw power" from the Vecna Skull, a text appears in your game box saying "The skull feeds off the life around you, boosting your magical ability." Additionally, because the skull boosts your magic level, it in turn boosts your magic defence.
The maximum boost of the Vecna skull is between that of a Magic Potion (+5) and a Wolpertinger's Magic focus scroll (+7), in addition to being free to use after it is obtained. This makes it very useful to players without 92 Summoning. However, players could use Super Magic potions and those who have 91 Herblore could use Extreme Magic potions both of which offer a much higher boost (13 levels and 17 levels respectively at level 99).
- Vecna is a powerful arch-lich and/or deity in "Dungeons and Dragons". His eye and hand are powerful artefacts, much like the Vecna skull. The Vecna Skull is probably named for an old anecdote about a game involving a faked magical item, the 'Head of Vecna'.
- If you enter the Wilderness after using a Vecna Skull, you receive a message stating "Your extreme magic boost has been removed." and your magic level will be dropped to that of a normal magic potion.
- The introductory price of the Vecna Skull was 10,000,000 coins.
- The preview image of the Vecna Skull in the Grand Exchange page on the main page under Community is zoomed in at the left eye, unlike most items that display the full item.
- When the Vecna Skull was first released there was a glitch that allowed it to be used with in the duel arena even with the potion option selected off, which gave players an unfair advantage in mage stakes.
- There is currently a glitch where if you use the Vecna Skull and then trade it away to somebody, it will still say "Your skull of Vecna has regained its mysterious aura" after 7 minutes.