|Release date||7 September 2010 (Update)|
|Quest item||Varrock Tasks|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You will need to get a new set of armour from Vannaka if you destroy this one.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Varrock Smithing armour.|
A player wearing the Varrock armour 4.
A female player wearing the Varrock armour 4.
|[view] • [talk]|
From Varrock armour 1, 2 and 3Edit
Active only when worn:
- Chance of smelting two bars at once when smelting ores up to and including adamantite in the Edgeville furnace. Message: The magic of the Varrock armour enables you to smelt 2 bars at the same time. If smelting iron ore with a ring of forging, only one charge will be used and both bars will be successfully smelted. This allows rings of forging to last longer before melting. This will not give extra bars; for example, you will still get five steel bars from smelting ten coal and five iron. However, you will still earn the same experience from smelting two bars normally. (Note: This is ONLY for smelting bars. It does not affect crafting jewellery or silver items.) After completion of the medium New Varrock Tasks, the chances of this taking effect are increased. After completion of the elite New Varrock Tasks, this effect will take place at almost any other furnace as well.
- Chance of Mining two ores at once when Mining ores up to and including adamantite. If two ores are mined at once, the player gets experience for both ores. You won't get Sacred clay pickaxe's bonus exp for the extra ore. Message: The Varrock armour allows you to mine an additional ore. This stacks with the Shooting Star reward and concentrated coal effects of possibly mining an additional ore, making it possible to mine up to four ores at once when all three effects are activated at the same time. Additionally, if the player has received the Golden mining top, the Varrock armour, when worn with the rest of the golden mining suit, will grant the normal experience bonus of the mining top. This armour has no effect while mining Rune essence. The chance of the effect activating while mining iron is around 13.6%. When mining coal the rate is approximately 10.2%. When mining gold the rate is approximately 10.67%. After the completion of the easy New Varrock Tasks, the chance of this occuring is increased.
- (Granite): When wearing Varrock armour and the armour effect activates, the size of the second block of granite will be the same as the first block.
- Chance of Smithing at a slightly faster rate. Message: The Varrock armour allows you to smith the item slightly faster. While the text is different to the smelting effect, both are in essence exactly the same, in that two ores or bars are processed in the time that it would normally take to process one. Smithing mithril bars the rate is approximately 9.4%; for iron bars approximately 11.4%. An update allowed this armour to smith adamant bars faster. The chance is unknown how often it occurs. After completion of the hard New Varrock Tasks, this chances of this effect are increased.
- The probability of receiving a piece of the Skull Sceptre is greatly increased, and the charges on the sceptre are doubled when it's assembled while wearing this armour.
- Grants 1% bonus mining xp. Note that the varrock armour does not contribute to the golden mining suit's set bonus so you will receive 5% bonus xp rather than 6% when worn with the remaining golden parts.
Active at all times:
- Naff will sell players up to 64 battlestaffs per day instead of the usual 8.
- Option to change your Varrock Teleport to the Grand Exchange by talking to Vannaka, Rat Burgiss or Reldo; it applies to teleport tablets and the portals in the Portal Chamber too.
- Chef's hat or cooking cape does not have to be worn to access the Cooks' Guild.
- Access to the bank in the Cooks' Guild.
Varrock armour 4 onlyEdit
Effects active only when worn:
- Five free bolt enchantments per day (up to and including ruby bolts)
Effects active at all times:
- Naff will sell you up to 80 battlestaves per day.
- Varrock's estate agent offers half price housing costs.
- Bork's drops are more generous, you will also get 3,000 slayer experience when he is killed, instead of 1,500. This is further increased to 8,000 after finishing The Mighty Fall.
- Access to the log storage boxes near the Fired Up beacons (storing 60 noted/unnoted logs)
- Option to change your Varrock Teleport to the altar in northeast Varrock by talking to Vannaka; also affects teleport tablets and the portals in the Portal Chamber.