|Release date||10 September 2007 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Varrock Tasks|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You will need to get a new set of armour from Vannaka if you destroy this one.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Varrock smithing armour.|
Varrock armour 3 is the reward given to players by Vannaka upon completion of the hard Varrock Tasks. When worn, it provides helpful bonuses to mining and smithing. If lost, it can be re-acquired by speaking with Vannaka. The level 3 armour has stats identical to an Adamant platebody, with the added bonus of being lighter.
A male player wearing Varrock armour 3
A female player wearing Varrock armour 3
|[view] • [talk]|
From Varrock armour 1 and 2Edit
Active only when worn:
- Chance of smelting two bars at once when smelting ores up to and including Adamantite ore in the Edgeville furnace. Message: The magic of the Varrock armour enables you to smelt 2 bars at the same time. If smelting iron ore with a ring of forging, only one charge will be used, but both bars will be successfully smelted. This allows rings of forging to last longer before melting. This will not give extra bars; for example, you will still get five steel bars from smelting ten coal and five iron. However, you will still earn the same experience from smelting two bars normally. (Note: This is ONLY for smelting bars. It does not affect crafting jewellery or silver items.)
- Chance of Mining two ores at once when Mining ores up to and including Adamantite ore. If two ores are mined at once, the player gets experience for both ores. You won't get Sacred clay pickaxe's bonus exp for the extra ore. Message: The Varrock armour allows you to mine an additional ore. This stacks with the Shooting Star reward and concentrated coal effects of possibly mining an additional ore, making it possible to mine up to four ores at once when all three effects are activated at the same time. Additionally, if the player has received the Golden mining top, the Varrock armour, when worn with the rest of the golden mining suit, will grant the normal experience bonus of the mining top. This armour has no effect while mining Rune essence. The chance of the effect activating while mining iron is around 3.6%. When mining coal the rate is approximately 10.2%. When mining gold the rate is approximately 10.67%.
- (Granite): When wearing Varrock armour and the armour effect activates, the size of the second block of granite will be the same as the first block.
- Chance of Smithing at a slightly faster rate. Message: The Varrock armour allows you to smith the item slightly faster. While the text is different to the smelting effect, both are in essence exactly the same, in that two ores or bars are processed in the time that it would normally take to process one. Smithing mithril bars the rate is approximately 9.4%; for iron bars approximately 11.4%.
- The probability of receiving a piece of the Skull Sceptre is greatly increased, and the charges on the sceptre are doubled when it's assembled while wearing this armour.
Active at all times:
- Naff will sell players up to 32 battlestaves per day instead of the usual 8.
- Option to change your Varrock Teleport to the Grand Exchange by talking to Reldo or Rat Burgiss; it applies to teleport tablets and the portals in the Portal Chamber too.
Varrock armour 3 onlyEdit
Effects active only when worn:
- Chance of Mining two ores at once when mining ores up to and including adamantite ore.
- Chance of smelting two bars at once when smelting ores up to and including adamantite ore in the Edgeville furnace.
Effects active at all times:
- Naff will sell member players up to 64 battlestaves per day instead of the usual 8.
- Allows toggle of Varrock Teleport spell and tablet to the Grand Exchange instead of the market square with Vannaka, Rat Burgiss or Reldo.
- Chef's hat or cooking cape does not have to be worn to access the Cooks' Guild.
- Access to the bank in the Cooks' Guild.