|Release date||10 September 2007 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Varrock Tasks|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You will need to get a new set of armour from Reldo if you destroy this one.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Varrock smithing armour.|
Varrock armour 2 is the reward for completion of the medium Varrock Tasks. Reldo upgrades the player's Varrock armour 1 by attaching further metal plates to it when brought to him. When worn, it provides helpful bonuses to mining and smithing. If lost, Reldo will give the player a replacement.
A male player wearing Varrock armour 2
A female player wearing Varrock armour 2
|[view] • [talk]|
From Varrock armour 1Edit
Active only when worn:
- Chance of smelting two bars at once when smelting ores up to and including mithril in the Edgeville furnace. Message: The magic of the Varrock armour enables you to smelt 2 bars at the same time. If smelting iron ore with a ring of forging, only one charge will be used, but both bars will be successfully smelted. This allows rings of forging to last longer before melting. This will not give extra bars; for example, you will still get five steel bars from smelting ten coal and five iron. However, you will still earn the same experience from smelting two bars normally. (Note: This is ONLY for smelting bars. It does not affect crafting jewellery or silver items.)
- 8% chance of Mining two ores at once when Mining ores up to and including coal. If two ores are mined at once, the player gets experience for both ores. You won't get Sacred clay pickaxe's bonus exp for the extra ore. Message: The Varrock armour allows you to mine an additional ore. This stacks with the Shooting Star reward and concentrated coal effects of possibly mining an additional ore, making it possible to mine up to four ores at once when all three effects are activated at the same time. This armour has no effect while mining Rune essence. The chance of the effect activating while mining iron is around 3.6%, or roughly one activation per 28 ore.
- The probability of receiving a piece of the Skull Sceptre is greatly increased, and the charges on the sceptre are doubled when it's assembled while wearing this armour.
- Grants 1% bonus mining xp. Note that the varrock armour does not contribute to the golden mining suit's set bonus so you will receive 5% bonus xp rather than 6% when worn with the remaining golden parts.
Active at all times:
- Naff will sell players up to 16 battlestaves per day instead of the usual 8.
- Option to change your Varrock Teleport to the Grand Exchange by talking to Rat Burgiss; it applies to teleport tablets and the portals in the Portal Chamber too.
Varrock armour 2 onlyEdit
Active only when worn:
- Chance of smelting 2 bars at once when smelting ores up to and including mithril in the exclusive Edgeville furnace.
- Chance of Smithing at a slightly faster rate. Message: The Varrock armour allows you to smith the item slightly faster. While the text is different to the smelting effect, both are in essence exactly the same, in that two ores or bars are processed in the time that it would normally take to process one. Smithing mithril bars the rate is approximately 9.4%; for iron bars approximately 11.4%. An update allowed this armour to smith adamant bars faster. The chance is unknown how often it occurs.
- Chance of Mining two ores at once when Mining ores up to and including mithril. When mining coal the rate is approximately 10.2%. When mining gold the rate is approximately 10.67%.
- (Granite): When wearing Varrock armour and the armour effect activates, the size of the second block of granite will be the same as the first block.
- When worn the Varrock armour can take the place of the chest plate of the golden mining suit. What this means if you already own the suit is that you will receive bonus experience equivalent to that piece of armour, also receiving the benefits mentioned above.
Active at all times:
- Toggling off Varrock teleport to the Grand Exchange instead of the market square can be done with Reldo or Rat Burgiss.
- When smithing at a faster rate, the player will smith using the old animation.
- Before the Personalised Shops update, this armour gave better prices in stores throughout Varrock. This was replaced with the benefits affecting the Skull Sceptre.
- One of the figures on the old Emote interface appeared to be wearing Varrock armour 2 or something similar, even though the armour was introduced after he was.
- The theoretical value of the armour is 1gp according to the items kept on death screen. Alchemising it, however, will give the player nothing.
- The Smithing Rate does not apply to Crafting however. It can speed up the process of smelting a Gold Ore into a Gold Bar.
- If you mine an ore without wearing your Varrock armour, you will get the message, "If you were wearing your Varrock armour you could have gained an extra ore."