Vampyric names are given to players during The Branches of Darkmeyer. Before venturing into the middle tier of Darkmeyer, players must choose a vampyric name. Players can choose any combination of first and last names. This will be used by vampyres to refer to them in Darkmeyer. Since 11 April 2012 it is possible to change a player's vampyric name once the quest is complete by speaking to Vanescula Drakan.
List of known Vampyric namesEdit
|First Name||Last Name|
- One of the first name choices, "Tytn", is a reference to Mod Tytn, who was the main developer of the Myreque series before he left and Mod Ana was assigned to the series.
- One of the second name choices, "Rasputin", may be a reference to Grigori Rasputin, a Russian Orthodox Christian and mystic.
- "Helsing" is the last name of the famous Vampire hunter and Dracula's enemy 'Abraham van Helsing'. The first name "Von" is commonly used with this name, as your character would then be called "Von Helsing"
- The first name "Lowerniel" is a direct reference to the evil vampyric ruler of Morytania, Lord Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan.
- "Vlad" is a reference to the historical ruler 'Vlad the Impaler', also known as Drakulya or Dracula.
- The choice of "Lugosi" is another Dracula reference as it is the surname of the actor who originally played him, Bela Lugosi.
- Lasiurus is the Latin genus name for the hairy-tailed bats found in the Americas.
- Desmodus is the Latin genus name for the vampire bats. Although there were different species of vampire bat, Desmodus rotundus is the only one that isn't extinct.
- Diaemus is a genus of bats. The only member of this genus is Diaemus youngi, the white-winged vampire bat.
- Noctillion and Noctilla come from nox, noct- (night).
- Vampyressa and Vampyrus both come from "Vampyre."
- Caninelle likely comes from canine.
- Carnivus is likely a reference to carnivore.
- Mort means death.
- Draynor is the name of an actual vampyre in RuneScape; Count Victor Draynor Drakan.
- Crimsonette is likely a reference to the colour of blood.
- The possible name combination "Lil Boosie" refers to a rapper.
- Pipistrelle is a species of bat, found very commonly in the UK (where Jagex is based).