- For the Vampyres that patrol the Temple Trekking routes, see Juvinate.
|Release date||22 March 2006 (Update)|
|Combat level||84, 90|
|XP per kill||0 (and 0 experience)|
|Always drops||Vampyre dust|
|Examine text||An initiate Vampyre juvinate.|
|Release date||4 September 2006 (Update)|
|XP per kill||0 (and 0 experience)|
|Examine text||An initiate juvenile vampyre; seems to be a servant.|
|Release date||23 August 2011 (Update)|
|XP per kill||283 (and 93.4 experience)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Examine text||A low-ranking vampyre.|
Vampyre Juvinates are a class of vampyre found in Burgh de Rott Woods, the strange castle in the south-east Meiyerditch and tier one Darkmeyer. They cannot be killed with normal weapons. Instead, they can only be harmed by weak silver weapons (such as Silverlight, silver sickle(b), silver bolts, a blessed hatchet, or a Wolfbane dagger) and blisterwood weapons. If you use a Guthix balance potion on them, one of three things can occur.
- The vampyre dies instantly, earning 100 prayer experience;
- They become human again for a reward;
- The Vampyre gets angry. When angry, its appearance changes to that of a regular Vampyre, and can be hurt by any weapon.
If a Guthix balance potion is not used, then the Juvinate will say "Ha ha, time to disappear and re-juvinate!", turn into a cloud of mist and float away when it reaches approximately 0 health. No drops will be received when this happens. The ones in Darkmeyer are immune to the balance potion and do not turn into mist. Oddly enough, they also count for Vyrewatch Slayer tasks.
Killing a Juvinate (with potion)Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Vampyre dust 1 Always 591
Killing a Juvinate (in Darkmeyer)Edit
Returning a Juvinate to HumanEdit
When returning a Juvinate to human in Burgh de Rott, the human will hand the player a noted reward and become a Former vampyre.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Staff of air 1 Rare 799 Staff of fire 1 Rare 832 Black spear 1 Rare 267 Black battleaxe 1 Uncommon 583 Black 2h sword 1 Rare 984 Mithril battleaxe 1 Uncommon 765 Mithril 2h sword 1 Rare 1,229 Mithril scimitar 1 Uncommon 403 Mithril longsword 1 Uncommon 567 Mithril warhammer 1 Rare 976 Adamant hatchet 1 Uncommon 604 Adamant sword 1 Rare 1,085 Adamant mace 1 Rare 698 Adamant scimitar 1 Rare 1,355
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel plateskirt 1 Common 384 Steel platebody 1 Common 1,237 Black full helm 1 Uncommon 434 Black chainbody 1 Rare 1,035 Black platelegs 1 Rare 3,024 Black kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,289 Black sq shield 1 Uncommon 495 Mithril full helm 1 Uncommon 637 Mithril chainbody 1 Uncommon 924 Mithril platelegs 1 Rare 1,234 Mithril sq shield 1 Rare 708 Adamant helm 1 Rare 913
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Nature rune 10 Rare 1,150 Death rune 10 Rare 1,510 Willow logs 5 Uncommon 100 Yew logs 5 Uncommon 2,625 Ruby ring 1 Uncommon 1,100 Clue scroll (medium) 1 Rare Not sold
- Vampyre Juvinates and Vampyre juvinates used to be significantly different, the latter having a much older, albeit unique, model, despite being released later. The graphical updates to Morytania and vampyres solved this, making the two look the same. The combat levels and capitalisation remained different though.
- Deflect curses seem to inflict damage on them. This may be a bug.
- This is the only monster that drops Willow logs.
- The female juvinates seem to be wearing a smaller version of Drakan's medallion. A similar symbol is found on the belts of the male juvinates.