- For the Vampyres that patrol the Temple Trekking routes, see Juvinate.
|Release date||22 March 2006 (Update)|
|Combat level||84, 90|
|XP per kill||0 (and 0 experience)|
|Always drops||Vampyre dust|
|Examine text||An initiate Vampyre juvinate.|
|Release date||4 September 2006 (Update)|
|XP per kill||0 (and 0 experience)|
|Examine text||An initiate juvenile vampyre; seems to be a servant.|
|Release date||23 August 2011 (Update)|
|XP per kill||283 (and 93.4 experience)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Examine text||A low-ranking vampyre.|
Vampyre Juvinates are a class of vampyre found in Burgh de Rott Woods, the strange castle in the south-east Meiyerditch and tier one Darkmeyer. They cannot be killed with normal weapons. Instead, they can only be harmed by weak silver weapons (such as Silverlight, silver sickle(b), silver bolts, a blessed hatchet, or a Wolfbane dagger) and blisterwood weapons. If you use a Guthix balance potion on them, one of three things can occur.
- The vampyre dies instantly, earning 100 prayer experience;
- They become human again for a reward;
- The Vampyre gets angry. When angry, its appearance changes to that of a regular Vampyre, and can be hurt by any weapon.
If a Guthix balance potion is not used, then the Juvinate will say "Ha ha, time to disappear and re-juvinate!", turn into a cloud of mist and float away when it reaches approximately 0 health. No drops will be received when this happens. The ones in Darkmeyer are immune to the balance potion and do not turn into mist. Oddly enough, they also count for Vyrewatch Slayer tasks.
Killing a Juvinate (with potion)Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Vampyre dust 1 Always 512
Killing a Juvinate (in Darkmeyer)Edit
Returning a Juvinate to HumanEdit
When returning a Juvinate to human in Burgh de Rott, the human will hand the player a noted reward and become a Former vampyre.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Staff of air 1 Rare 814 Staff of fire 1 Rare 821 Black spear 1 Rare 281 Black battleaxe 1 Uncommon 602 Black 2h sword 1 Rare 995 Mithril battleaxe 1 Uncommon 793 Mithril 2h sword 1 Rare 1,265 Mithril scimitar 1 Uncommon 448 Mithril longsword 1 Uncommon 572 Mithril warhammer 1 Rare 1,037 Adamant hatchet 1 Uncommon 612 Adamant sword 1 Rare 1,077 Adamant mace 1 Rare 687 Adamant scimitar 1 Rare 1,389
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel plateskirt 1 Common 412 Steel platebody 1 Common 1,117 Black full helm 1 Uncommon 414 Black chainbody 1 Rare 805 Black platelegs 1 Rare 3,237 Black kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,330 Black sq shield 1 Uncommon 512 Mithril full helm 1 Uncommon 632 Mithril chainbody 1 Uncommon 927 Mithril platelegs 1 Rare 1,270 Mithril sq shield 1 Rare 719 Adamant helm 1 Rare 752
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Nature rune 10 Rare 1,110 Death rune 10 Rare 930 Willow logs 5 Uncommon 105 Yew logs 5 Uncommon 2,880 Ruby ring 1 Uncommon 1,105 Clue scroll (medium) 1 Rare Not sold
- Vampyre Juvinates and Vampyre juvinates used to be significantly different, the latter having a much older, albeit unique, model, despite being released later. The graphical updates to Morytania and vampyres solved this, making the two look the same. The combat levels and capitalisation remained different though.
- Deflect curses seem to inflict damage on them. This may be a bug.
- This is the only monster that drops Willow logs.
- The female juvinates seem to be wearing a smaller version of Drakan's medallion. A similar symbol is found on the belts of the male juvinates.